Yingluck says she is ready to quit politics if it’s the need of majority

Lite Beer

She said she is ready to leave politics 'IF THE PEOPLE WANT HER TO'

They do NOT!

Despite what the scumbag anti-democracy haters think-they are in the minority.

The majority of Thai's like or love Yingluck, and the next election will prove thatt- this is why the pad/pdrc/dems are so desperate to sabotage elections, they no the HATE groups will be exposed as a pathetic fringe of Thailand's society, they are nothing more that hate mongers.

Yingluck, through out their disgusting hate campaign, has been a professional. She does not stoop to Suthep's level, when she speaks she is courtius and responsible.. because of her management many less people are dead in this conflict. Suthep rants on his idiotic stage every night calling her a 'whore' and all this other bullshit, what a punkass loser.

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a great idea, let's have an election and if the Dems win then Yinluck steps down.

Well, Duh.

If the Dems won, could she do anything else but "step down"???

Her statement, and yours, in that context are absurd.

blink.png

Does she have any option in that situation?.?

I suppose, however, to her, that stating the obvious sounds to her like some sort of profound intellectual revelation.

rolleyes.gif

The silly clown should quit politics and leave out the "IF".

Semester - I would not say it is obvious.

It has been proven before that the PTP don't respect the majority or the minority or the general public as a whole for that matter if it does not suit their agenda.

Majority Disrespect - The Amnesty Bill was not wanted by the majority. Pushed through anyway. The 2007 constitution was wanted by the majority. Denounced by the 1992 coup maker, thaksin. Farmers wanted to protest for payments and told they were hooligans and their families were threatened with intimidation.

Minority disrespect - You will get a convention centre in Phuket when you vote for us. Disallowing DEM's to debate in parliament.

Public disrespect - "We will not hold public water hearings for the 350 billion baht water management scheme.", "Protestors in Chaing Mai better watch out. You are garbage."

Look no further than TVF for this lack of respect for any decision or ruling that goes against the PTP.

For goodness sake, if the NACC and courts rule against the PTP they are alluring to starting a civil war. So rest assured if they loose an election it will no longer be the rosy "majority" narrative. It will be a refusal to leave. Claims of a DEM plot. A biased EC cheating the votes. The PDRC double voting. Anything, but an acceptance of the reality that they have not won.

If anything goes against the PTP agenda it will not be accepted.

"The 2007 constitution was wanted by the majority"

where you get that ??? who was the majority ? please the yellows/dems had never a majority , only within the post coup (non elected) government, so please stop posting if you don't know the facts.

Here are the facts so why don't you shut up

Referendum for 2007 Constitution was held on 19 August 2007 and 57.81% voted yes,and 42.19% voted no, so the majority of Thai voters wanted it.

Unless of course you don't understand maths

Choice Votes %

For 14,727,30657.81- 57.81%

Against 10,747,44142.19 42.19%

Invalid/blank votes 504,207–

Total 25,978,954100

Registered voters/turnout 45,092,95557.61Source: Direct Democracy

• Like 1

You'd think Yingluck would sense on some level that things aren't quite right now. She dissolved parliament four and a half months ago. She quickly realized she couldn't visit her office. On the campaign trail she had to limit appearances to Chiang Mai and Isaan because she was so unpopular elsewhere. The EC saw the election wouldn't fly and tried to tell Pheu Thai. They wouldn't listen. They arranged a " forum " to overrule the EC. The Constitutional Court on January 24 affirmed that the election could be constitutionally delayed. Pheu Thai wouldn't listen. They went ahead. The election was a fiasco. Yingluck as a consequence has no legislative authority. None. Since December 9 she has had no publicly sanctioned mandate. None. She is the subject of an abuse of office charge that could result in her needing to step down. She is also subject to impeachment for her role in the rice scheme scandal. She hasn't been comfortable in many months touring Bangkok because of intense vocal opposition. On February 25 as a consequence she announced that she would work in surrounding provinces rather than in Bangkok. She has spent her time with facebook postings, where she has criticized the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission. She has continually delayed testifying. And yet - today - she has apparently assimilated none of these as signals of disenchantment with her work. But she's selective. She wants to listen to the people, but she spends much time avoiding the people she doesn't want to listen to. She wants peace and order to prevail, yet she doesn't want to cooperate with the impeachment investigation or even the legal process in general. She's an island onto herself. Looking in.

And she knows that the people of Thailand support her, all she needs is an election to shut the vocal rich minority out once and for all.

We will have an election in this country, even the EC are now getting close to naming a date. when we have an election PTP will win yet again and we may even get reform of the Non-Independent agencies that have been blocking democracy for the last 4 months.

I would ask if you care to make a bet on that if betting wasn't illegal here. You are as deluded as Yingluck is !

She won't step down. It's all drama, I don't know what she's doing in politics, she should have been an actress. There's no way she'll step down willingly, it's silly to even think she would. She's just making a show, letting her supporters feel that she's doing everything for the sake of "Thailand". Like how the "Rice scheme" was for the poor farmers, or the Amnesty bill wasn't to clear her allies and brother from punishment, it was to "unite Thailand". The Shin Clan are a leech of Thailand that have fed off the blood of the Thai people, staying in power using lies, money and manipulation. The only time they do anything to benefit the country is when it's advantageous to themselves. I'm not a huge supporter of Suthep, but if anyone has a chance of getting rid of this disease of a government, sign me up because the alternative is for the Shin clan to monopolize essential resources and have prices for everything sky rocket like the price of Gas. Thailand being a major exporter of Rice and how they have ruined that market should be warning signals that could make a blind man see. The thing I love most is how she and her government cling to their power because they were the "legally elected" government, but when they break the law, and are called out for it they denounce the institution that gave them the power. How people are up in arms (both sides) to defend the government or institution while disregarding the laws that gave the government and institution power to begin with, declaring or threatening civil war, openly showing intent (if not already) to breaking the laws, all the while the police do nothing. Children dying in the streets and no one is arrested. Politicians denouncing the monarchy, which is under the protection of the military, and the military does nothing. Until now I still don't know why people think the Yingluck government is good for Thailand, are they just clinging to the "democracy" they think she stand for and believe that if she is removed their votes meant nothing? The respect "my vote" movement I understand, don't they understand that their votes got her into office, they already won, but while in office she broke the law, hence the reason she is to be removed. It has nothing to do with their votes that put her in office. It look like they're just trying to save face, in that they voted a terrible mistake into office to begin with. I don't understand why people think the present crisis with the rice debt isn't reason enough to have her removed. All her campaign promises, how are they working out? 300baht per day, only to have prices on everything increase? Rebates to make cars available to first time buyers without consideration of if "they need it" and more importantly"can they afford it". People need to concentrate on the issues; what has she done.

• Like 2

All you need isfor the dems to win...

and for a few million numpty's up north to grow brains overnight.

All you need is for Dems to win.

You have more chance of nailing Jelly to the ceiling.

Yes, 'nailing Jelly to the ceiling' is much easier than to 'grow brains overnight for a few million red's up north'.

She actually said 'nothing'. She stated, 'I will quit if the majority want me to'. The majority are red shits and they vote for her regardless - therefore, it is an empty statement. A full statement is - let's have new elections and i will not run for office.

• Like 1

Quitting and taking a break from politics are two different, if she's going to quit, then quit, don'tcarry on blah, blah, blahing about it. This family has proven to many times all ready it can't be trusted.

The revolution of the puppet?

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Tuesday that she has not discussed with her family and elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra on taking a break from politics"

Isnt it clear enough already that the majority of people arent behind her now? There is no IF, only when, and the sooner the better.

Right ! 100% agree, but I wonder why the yellows are so afraid of elections... because they have no "when" or "If" maybe...

Most of the red sympathizers here on TV just keep saying elections need to be held, as that's the only democratic way for Thailand.

They don't understand that voting here in Issan is bought (Corrupt). I'm not sure about the rest of Thailand, but I have seen it personally here. Paying voters 500 baht to vote for Pheu Thai is the rule, not the exception.

It is a must that voting corruption be eliminated before the next election takes place. Yingluck, Thaksin, and Pheu Thai know this, and don't want the system changed. The current voting situation is not democratic. All Suthep and the PDRC just want to see voting corruption checked and the voter playing field level for all candidates. That, my friend is true democracy.

All you need isfor the dems to win...

and for a few million numpty's up north to grow brains overnight.

Oh yes, it is always the pesky, dumb northerners and Isaan peasants.

Take a google search for the fancy color coded map that the press banged out after the last (successful) election. It indicates who voted for what and where.

There's a whole lotta redness that's a lot closer to the cold, dead, blue heart of Bangkok than you think.

post-35874-0-54113700-1398225364_thumb.j

• Like 1

where you get that ??? who was the majority ? please the yellows/dems had never a majority , only within the post coup (non elected) government, so please stop posting if you don't know the facts.

Referendum for 2007 Constitution was held on 19 August 2007 and 57.81% voted yes,and 42.19% voted no, so the majority of Thai voters wanted it.

Choice Votes %

Total 25,978,954100

Dear Ikke - who is right - you or Gunna?

You ask: who was the majority?

I can't tell you who voted for it - but nearly 58% is a stable majority. I think that also some red's accidently voted for it. The cause may be that in the referendum are no (or less ?) bribes involved (unlike the elections), so they were confused.

If Gunna is right, then you should stop posting red bs (like your post above) !

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

India can have a free, peaceful election with 815 million voters. Indonesia can have a fair election. Even Afghanistan can make a safe and fair election.
It seems the Thai elections committee is either politically motivated to fail, or lack skills to do their job in holding an election correctly. Either, has no place in a Democracy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you consider that the EC was created by the Abhisit/Suthep regime, it's not surprising that it seems set against the PTP regime in allowing credible and timely elections. I can't think of any democraticallyelected nation that has placed such control over an election to an election commission that seems unaccountable to no one.

• Like 1

The operative word is "majority", meaning (she hopes) the people of Isan and the north. What's needed is a good poll of Isan and the north to see if her popularity has declined, and if so, how much? If she still has the support of a majority of the majority, then she can fight out the rest of the court battle. Otherwise she should step down as she has said she would.

Naw, that's too easy. .

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Tuesday that she has not discussed with her family and elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra on taking a break from politics"

Isnt it clear enough already that the majority of people arent behind her now? There is no IF, only when, and the sooner the better.

Right ! 100% agree, but I wonder why the yellows are so afraid of elections... because they have no "when" or "If" maybe...

They don't want elections because they can't win. Far easier to usurp power instead.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Most of the red sympathizers here on TV just keep saying elections need to be held, as that's the only democratic way for Thailand.

They don't understand that voting here in Issan is bought (Corrupt). I'm not sure about the rest of Thailand, but I have seen it personally here. Paying voters 500 baht to vote for Pheu Thai is the rule, not the exception.

It is a must that voting corruption be eliminated before the next election takes place. Yingluck, Thaksin, and Pheu Thai know this, and don't want the system changed. The current voting situation is not democratic. All Suthep and the PDRC just want to see voting corruption checked and the voter playing field level for all candidates. That, my friend is true democracy.

Are you saying all every vote for PT in the last election was paid for? 500 baht each? How much did that cost?

You'd think Yingluck would sense on some level that things aren't quite right now. She dissolved parliament four and a half months ago. She quickly realized she couldn't visit her office. On the campaign trail she had to limit appearances to Chiang Mai and Isaan because she was so unpopular elsewhere. The EC saw the election wouldn't fly and tried to tell Pheu Thai. They wouldn't listen. They arranged a " forum " to overrule the EC. The Constitutional Court on January 24 affirmed that the election could be constitutionally delayed. Pheu Thai wouldn't listen. They went ahead. The election was a fiasco. Yingluck as a consequence has no legislative authority. None. Since December 9 she has had no publicly sanctioned mandate. None. She is the subject of an abuse of office charge that could result in her needing to step down. She is also subject to impeachment for her role in the rice scheme scandal. She hasn't been comfortable in many months touring Bangkok because of intense vocal opposition. On February 25 as a consequence she announced that she would work in surrounding provinces rather than in Bangkok. She has spent her time with facebook postings, where she has criticized the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission. She has continually delayed testifying. And yet - today - she has apparently assimilated none of these as signals of disenchantment with her work. But she's selective. She wants to listen to the people, but she spends much time avoiding the people she doesn't want to listen to. She wants peace and order to prevail, yet she doesn't want to cooperate with the impeachment investigation or even the legal process in general. She's an island onto herself. Looking in.

1. Where in the constitution does it say that elections can be delayed?

2. And why were the elections a fiasco? Elections seem to function well enough in all but 25 seats....

Are you saying all every vote for PT in the last election was paid for? 500 baht each? How much did that cost?

Have you only been in Thailand 2 weeks? It USED to be 500 Baht now it can be 1000 Baht plus free cows, triple the price for rice and 100,000 Baht off your first car. This 500/1000 Baht "Incentive" was always paid by both sides and was an accepted part of Thai Politics. Every Politician has to "Buy" his seat. The SHTF when Taksin and Yingluck started using Public Funds to purchase power. This is what the real problem is. Answer to your question = a lot.

• Like 1

Choice Votes %

Total 25,978,954100

Dear Ikke - who is right - you or Gunna?

You ask: who was the majority?

I can't tell you who voted for it - but nearly 58% is a stable majority. I think that also some red's accidently voted for it. The cause may be that in the referendum are no (or less ?) bribes involved (unlike the elections), so they were confused.

If Gunna is right, then you should stop posting red bs (like your post above) !

Of course, you could do some research and maybe question the validity of those voting figures given the conditions under which the referendum was held - but only if you willing to accept what you find.

If your mind is already made up (which it obviously is, given the partisan nature of your post) that exercise would be a waste of time.

One poster added that there is a need for a new grass roots political party or politician to step up and guide this country in a new direction. Lovely sentiments.....would work nicely on a Hallmark card. In reality there is too much money at stake here in Thai politics. In countries like US, Canada, UK there are the same checks and balances that Thailand supposedly has adapted but in the Western Nations it is just hidden better.

With the financial stakes so high it will be virtually impossible for the political system to make any sweeping changes. Reform? Not possible. Not in our lifetime anyway.

The PTP has the support of nearly a third of the voting public from the Northeast of Thailand to the Northern regions (Chiang Mai). Regardless of how badly they may be portrayed in the news they will most certainly survive the bad press and retain their political presence. Much like Texas will never be a Democrat state.

So what is the answer? In my opinion....time. It will take time for the people of Thailand to educate themselves in the area of self governance and political reform. Todays young voter is more aware of the issues and is less influenced by family pressures and political payoffs. The younger (unable to vote) population will be the real next big change. Many will have grown up in a more financially stable household, better exposure to social networks (twitter, facebook) and have less reliance on the government for support. It will however in my opinion take another two generations to weed out the likes of todays politicians.

For the sake of my young family I do hope this change happens quicker (20 years or so)than later. But it will happen.

• Like 1

This is the beginning of the end for the BIG BROTHER.

No. It is a trick answer to a trick question, and every politician in the WORLD uses it.

"Are you willing to quit if it stops the chaos?"

I will follow the will of the people and if they tell me to quit then I will.

"Are you willing to stand for election in the next polls?"

I will follow the will of the people and if they tell me to run then I will.

"Are you going to run for president, Hillary?"

I will study the will of the people and if they tell me to run then I will.

"Are you willing to take over Moyes' job in Manchester?"

If that is the will of the team and the fans, then yes of course.
It is a trick because there is no way to measure the will of the people. It is blah-blah yadda-yadda lip-flapping no-response. It is literally without significance.

The PTP has the support of nearly a third of the voting public from the Northeast of Thailand to the Northern regions (Chiang Mai). Regardless of how badly they may be portrayed in the news they will most certainly survive the bad press and retain their political presence. Much like Texas will never be a Democrat state.

I do agree with much of your post. I think it's not so much a lack of energy, as you imply, but rather than the energy is always in a negative, destructive direction. Today is a good example, that most political energy is being applied to bringing down the government, and almost all the rest of it is a simply reaction aimed at "supporting" the government without a single, solitary thought about actually getting anything done.

None of that can ever lead to reform, a proper anti-corruption movement, etc.

But you chose a terrible example. Texas has been a Democratic (sic) state much longer than not. If anything, the loss of Texas by the US Democratic Party shows just how very efficient voters can be when a party is fat, happy, corrupt, incestuous and more.

There was a time, remember, that the Democrats were the only viable party in Thailand (just like in Texas). Then the smarmy, corrupt fat cat from Surat Thani came on the scene with his land-dealing arrogance and nepotism, and the vast majority of voters turned the Democrats out and haven't let them have a look back in since. But the Democratic Party of Texas and Democrat Party of Thailand aren't dead, not yet.

Edited by wandasloan

India can have a free, peaceful election with 815 million voters. Indonesia can have a fair election. Even Afghanistan can make a safe and fair election.

It seems the Thai elections committee is either politically motivated to fail, or lack skills to do their job in holding an election correctly. Either, has no place in a Democracy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no fair election in any of those countries you mentioned.They are just as corrupt and plenty of voters die pre-polls.

1. Where in the constitution does it say that elections can be delayed?

2. And why were the elections a fiasco? Elections seem to function well enough in all but 25 seats....

I wouldn't wait for an answer. scamper doesn't do replies, it's beneath him. He think's the forum is a platform for posting his monotonous propaganda, not for discussion.

Edited by fab4

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is the beginning of the end for the BIG BROTHER.

No, this is just a ploy to get the red shirts going. Who would honestly believe that she hasn't spoken to big bro? They've tried everything else, now she is using this , a little while ago it was " i'll never step down"..........politicians are politicians the world over.....say one thing do another. I'm not a believer of any of them. Personally i like Abhisit (spely wrong i expect) , at least he can speak English properly !