Lite Beer

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like father like daughter!

Newbie...Yingluck is Thaksin's Sister, not Daughter.

Just saying.

Thaksin is on record as saying he views Yingluck as his daughter and Yingluck has said she sees him as her second father. Additionally, biologically, he's old enough to be her father.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/61404/thaksin-on-yingluck-she-is-not-not-a-micromanager-like-me/

And if you put a Yingluck wig on Thaksin they look like sisters! In fact they could almost be the same person..... and you never see them together do you?

Nah, couldn't be....... could it? blink.png

Edited by bigbamboo

The revolution of the puppet?

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Tuesday that she has not discussed with her family and elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra on taking a break from politics"

Isnt it clear enough already that the majority of people arent behind her now? There is no IF, only when, and the sooner the better.

It could hardly be described as "clear".

And while the caretaker PM has spent the last four and a half months attempting to determine whether or not it is so, for one reason or another her political opponents keep interrupting the process.

Feel free to remove that sentence and read the remainder. All still valid.

BTW the referendum vote was 57.81% FOR the 2007 constitution. However as stated feel free to remove that sentence and re-read the post.

Your comment is amusing however as you inadvertently highlighted that I am correct in what I said.

That being;

If anything goes against the PTP agenda it will not be accepted.

That's right, given a choice between continued military rule and the badly flawed constitution, an underwhelming majority chose the constitution.

57.81% is "an underwhelming majority", whereas 48.4% of the proportional vote in July-2011 is frequently claimed by Red-leaning posters, as 'an overwhelming majority of the country' ?

Funny old thing, statistics, aren't they ? rolleyes.gif

In my view the military-appointed government did democracy a service, for all their other faults or mistakes, in establishing the principle that serious changes to the Constitutionj need to be ratified by a national-referendum, setting a better minimum-standard for governance in Thailand.

Better than 4am-votes in Parliament, with opposition-speakers barred from having their say, as 'true democracy' turned out to mean.

I personally wish the Dems would now participate, in a re-run election, and that whoever does get elected carries out a proper constitutional-change process after their election. Yingluck has also said she feels reform is needed, let's hope she doesn't forget that, if she does eventually get re-elected. That's if her brother doesn't negotiate her away, as part of his on-going deals, to gain his pardon/amnesty and return. wink.png

Well there were many parties to choose from in the February election, and only two choices in the referendum on the constitution. That should be considered when evaluating the statistics, don't you think?

There's also always the option to register a 'No vote', or make a blank-return on voting-papers, in both cases. As reportedly happened, to an unusual degree, in the annulled-election.

'Lies, damn lies, and statistics' is a very true saying, their interpretation can often be shaded, to suit a particular point-of-view.

With regard to the OP, I wonder how Yingluck measures or defines 'the need of the majority' ?

Lots of responses to this thread already, but no-one has yet asked the most salient question ... how can she possibly consider no longer being a 'politician' when she was never a politician in the first place...?!

• Like 1

The revolution of the puppet?

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Tuesday that she has not discussed with her family and elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra on taking a break from politics"

Isnt it clear enough already that the majority of people arent behind her now? There is no IF, only when, and the sooner the better.

It could hardly be described as "clear".

And while the caretaker PM has spent the last four and a half months attempting to determine whether or not it is so, for one reason or another her political opponents keep interrupting the process.

There should not be this process you talk about UNLESS the government is just unpopular.

The case being nothing to do with popular, it is to do with governing fairly, the government have done much harm in 3 years , even broke the law, that is why there should be no process until the courts have decided.

Lots of responses to this thread already, but no-one has yet asked the most salient question ... how can she possibly consider no longer being a 'politician' when she was never a politician in the first place...?!

Agree, but she was given the P.M. role it was to complete the BOOK ENDS. Thaksin one end PTP the books and Yingluck the other end.

Something you do not want on your mantelpiece. Unless your asking for problems. The biggest problem is they never kept the books.

• Like 1

I read , blah blah behhhh ,

If thai people are really so st^pid to vote red again

Please let them choose ms yingluck

What amazes me,...is how many here are in in lockstep with Suthep's Goebbelesque rhetoric.

Guess the only remaining Buddhists in Thailand live in the North.

Buddha said, "Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing, nor upon rumor, nor upon surmise, nor upon specious reasoning,..."

That's the real legacy of Mr Suthep,..the end of Buddhist reason in South Thailand. The elite will believe anything.

Yingluck is incompetent.

I agree.

I'll have to call you on this one. You definitely edited my post #39 to take it out of context.

It was the only part of your post I agreed with.

You said it. Did you not mean it?

For starters, you clearly violated one of the forum rules:

15) Do not make changes to quoted material that changes the intended meaning of the quoted post

The point of the post was that voters in the north and northeast are voting in their interest when they vote for parties that provide the north and northeast with badly needed development funds. Perhaps this required too much reading on your part.

It says a great deal about you that you only agreed with one statement, meaning that you disagreed with referenced facts. Your one of those people who reject facts that don't agree with your preconceived ideas, aren't you?

The operative word is "majority", meaning (she hopes) the people of Isan and the north. What's needed is a good poll of Isan and the north to see if her popularity has declined, and if so, how much? If she still has the support of a majority of the majority, then she can fight out the rest of the court battle. Otherwise she should step down as she has said she would.

Naw, that's too easy. .

I hear about the majority but it seems to me the last by-election in the Issan was won by a democrat. The only way to get a fair poll in the area would be to lock up all the red shirts while it was being taken. Which of course is illegal but it would guarantee you an honest poll with out intimidation.

Let's be fair, you'd also have to lock up the Suthep supporters in Bangkok and the south of Thailand as well.

I get your point, but my point was to measure Yingluck's current popularity in the two areas of the country that provide the main support for PTP, The election of one democrat in ne Esan area may be representative, but it is anecdotal. There is no need to keep out the red shirts because they are still part of the Esan/North populationm abd there is no need to be concerned about Suthep and the south, because the pooll would be for measuring support in the north and northeast. The object is to show Yingluck if she still has the support of the two combined areas that do represent the majority of voters nationally. This is a chance for a university polling team to be activated. There may be such polls n the mill. If the results were that only a plurality favored her, but not a majority, then she should resign in accordance with her statement in the main article. When I say poll, in this case I am talking about a survey, not an election,

What amazes me,...is how many here are in in lockstep with Suthep's Goebbelesque rhetoric.

Buddha said, "Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing, nor upon rumor, nor upon surmise, nor upon specious reasoning,..."

That's the real legacy of Mr Suthep,..the end of Buddhist reason in South Thailand. The elite will believe anything.

True Buddhists do NOT govern this way--they should be honest and transparent -did you forget to mention this, like ripping off the country is Buddhist style ???

This is the beginning of the end for the BIG BROTHER.

no.. I disagree. Its called step aside...look like they have left but their cronies will still do the mongrels bidding.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

The operative word is "majority", meaning (she hopes) the people of Isan and the north. What's needed is a good poll of Isan and the north to see if her popularity has declined, and if so, how much? If she still has the support of a majority of the majority, then she can fight out the rest of the court battle. Otherwise she should step down as she has said she would.

Naw, that's too easy. .

I hear about the majority but it seems to me the last by-election in the Issan was won by a democrat. The only way to get a fair poll in the area would be to lock up all the red shirts while it was being taken. Which of course is illegal but it would guarantee you an honest poll with out intimidation.

Let's be fair, you'd also have to lock up the Suthep supporters in Bangkok and the south of Thailand as well.

I get your point, but my point was to measure Yingluck's current popularity in the two areas of the country that provide the main support for PTP, The election of one democrat in ne Esan area may be representative, but it is anecdotal. There is no need to keep out the red shirts because they are still part of the Esan/North populationm abd there is no need to be concerned about Suthep and the south, because the pooll would be for measuring support in the north and northeast. The object is to show Yingluck if she still has the support of the two combined areas that do represent the majority of voters nationally. This is a chance for a university polling team to be activated. There may be such polls n the mill. If the results were that only a plurality favored her, but not a majority, then she should resign in accordance with her statement in the main article. When I say poll, in this case I am talking about a survey, not an election,

I disagree, she is/was Prime Minister of all of Thailand, so any poll should be of the entire country. And if you are going to lock up the redshirt troublemakers on their home turf, you should also lock up the yellowshirt, if that's still the correct term, troublemakers on their home turf.

True Buddhists do NOT govern this way--they should be honest and transparent -did you forget to mention this, like ripping off the country is Buddhist style ???

True Buddhists don't lie, steal, kill, drink or fool around.

Now how many Thais, even from the saintly north, do you know who would pass that little test?

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

It seems that the Shinawatras have not quit politics but rather politics has quit them and the whole situation has now turned into a stalemate.

I believe that Yingluck knows full well that her party will receive the majority votes, so in fact she can say what she likes for appearances sake. Personally, i take whatever any of them say with a pinch of salt.

I agree.

I'll have to call you on this one. You definitely edited my post #39 to take it out of context.

15) Do not make changes to quoted material that changes the intended meaning of the quoted post

The point of the post was that voters in the north and northeast are voting in their interest when they vote for parties that provide the north and northeast with badly needed development funds. Perhaps this required too much reading on your part.

It says a great deal about you that you only agreed with one statement, meaning that you disagreed with referenced facts. Your one of those people who reject facts that don't agree with your preconceived ideas, aren't you?

For starters, I didn't change the quoted material that changes the intended meaning.

You wrote it as a point in a post that made many points. You were making the point in your post that you are not a fan of Yingluck nor Thaksin. That was the only point in your post that I cared to respond to.

There's no requirement to address every point made in a post that has several points. Additionally, only addressing one of those points in no way changes the the intended meaning of the post.

That is why I asked if you meant what you posted so as to insure that I was not changing your intended meaning.

As far as the rules go, I would appreciate if you would follow rule 7 and respond in a civil manner, eg. by NOT implying I have difficulty reading and by NOT stating that I am someone who rejects facts.

Thanks.

Edited by semester

Thaksin is on record as saying he views Yingluck as his daughter

How does he view his daughter? As his wife?

Probably as his daughter.

Ostensibly, he doesn't have a wife after supposedly divorcing Potjaman.

The closest thing to a current wife are a number of alleged giks, most of whom are younger than his actual daughter.

Oh, so now, Thaksin and the reds (aka dwellers of the north) have Buddha on their side! AND, despite the fact that it was these northern dwellers who put their faith in PTP and its rice-pledging scheme (not to mention all promises since), it's the elite who will believe anything... And all the talking redheads trying so desperately to defend their greed & corruption, not to mention their amnesty bill, against common sense public outrage, and it's Suthep's "Goebbelesque" rhetoric that amazes you. clap2.gif Lastly, this mindless obsession with Suthep by the shin-rouge, which cannot free themselves from cult worship and blind followership of Thaksin, a convicted fugitive who dares not show his face in the country.

• Like 1

Oh, so now, Thaksin and the reds (aka dwellers of the north) have Buddha on their side! AND, despite the fact that it was these northern dwellers who put their faith in PTP and its rice-pledging scheme (not to mention all promises since), it's the elite who will believe anything... And all the talking redheads trying so desperately to defend their greed & corruption, not to mention their amnesty bill, against common sense public outrage, and it's Suthep's "Goebbelesque" rhetoric that amazes you. clap2.gif Lastly, this mindless obsession with Suthep by the shin-rouge, which cannot free themselves from cult worship and blind followership of Thaksin, a convicted fugitive who dares not show his face in the country.

Ah, those saintly northerners, Buddha Mitt Uns; should look good on their belt buckles.

Edited by AleG

Yingluck is incompetent.

I agree.

Any fool can take a perfectly good statement out of context and make it look like some thing it was not meant to look like.

How ever I think she is incompetent. If I am wrong please give me a list of her accomplishments. The first clue that she was incompetent was not making a cabinet meeting because she is using a helicopter not equipped for night flying when she needs to fly at night. On the other hand that just might have been an excuse to justify to the PTP red shirt horde the phone call to the meeting from Thaksin. Which a competent Prime Minister would never allow to happen.

• Like 1

For starters, I didn't change the quoted material that changes the intended meaning.

You wrote it as a point in a post that made many points. You were making the point in your post that you are not a fan of Yingluck nor Thaksin. That was the only point in your post that I cared to respond to.

There's no requirement to address every point made in a post that has several points. Additionally, only addressing one of those points in no way changes the the intended meaning of the post.

That is why I asked if you meant what you posted so as to insure that I was not changing your intended meaning.

As far as the rules go, I would appreciate if you would follow rule 7 and respond in a civil manner, eg. by NOT implying I have difficulty reading and by NOT stating that I am someone who rejects facts.

Thanks.

You wrote: "It was the only part of your post I agreed with."

I pointed out that I used referenced facts in the post, and assumed you disagreed with them. Since I reached a logical conclusion from your own statement I don't think I've violated rule 7. Are you now retracting this statement?

Since "Yingluck is incompetent." was a minor point only peripherally related to the main point of the post, I believe you did violate rule 15. You not only took this minor statement completely out of context, you gave the impression that it was the entire post. I'll be happy to let the forum moderators decide if this was reasonable.

I wonder what they up to.......these people have a black heart. They're not doing this for nothing, stay tuned.

What heart??????? They could care less about Thailand. All they want is money, money, and money. The hell with Thailand or it's people!!!!! sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Did any of you yellows read the Thaivisa topic where they showed what each of the big political people of both parties had for equaty and what they owed to the bank.

It stated clearly that Yuingluck was almost free of debt. Understandably as she has had her fingers in the cooky jar for some time now. She is worth a lot, and I agree it's from thievery.

Buuuuuut,

Suthrup is in the red. He owes more than his assets. No one pointed this out at the time but I am sure that this is why he needs to get contole.

He needs to steel from the people as well. He has blood on his hands and neeeeeds money badly.

This is the reason he cannot abandon this overthrow. He has no way out.

Why would the people want a new person in big need of funds in power of this country.

I think the polotitions will be awakened, (if there is a cleaning of house in the courts,,,most nessesary) to the fact that corruption is a dangerous thing.

There has to be people sent to jail.

But,,,,,,,,,,,, by no way put Suthrup in charge, wow what a freek show this would all be if he got in.

I have no bias, I just wish the courts would do there job and move on.