Asean to issue on statement on Thai political crisis

webfact

ASEAN
Asean to issue on statement on Thai political crisis

BANGKOK: -- Asean countries will issue a statement soon to express concern at the political crisis in Thailand and their wish to see an election.

They believe the election is a solution that will lead to reconciliation, caretaker Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Wednesday.

He himself had already approved a draft of the statement prepared by Indonesia's FM Marty Natelagawa for his Myanmar counterpart, which is chairman of Asean this year. The statement has now been sent to other Asean countries for endorsement.

The statement will reflect Asean's concerns at Thailand's political situation and their collective wish to see the problems solved through dialogue and in a democratic way. Most importantly, they want to see an election, regarding it as the way out the ongoing obstacles and bringing about reconciliation.

Other Asean countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. Surapong pointed out that the Asean Economic Community is due to get underway next year, and if Thailand's country’s problems fail to be solved, this will affect Asean's image. Thailand has played an important role in Asean but is now reducing its part because of the internal conflicts.

He said that he would therefore like to inform rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban and Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, who are part of the same group, that they should talk to each other on when the election will be held. They should stop blaming other political parties for causing the problems.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-23

OK I'm waiting for the pad/pdrc supporters to accuse Thaksin of 'buying' Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam.

like he bought this pro election statement with rice money.

Erm....

Surapong has manipulated the ASEAN states through his prepared one sided version of events and stoking a response from them to agree with him that the country needs elections.

Thaksin.... 'The UN is not my father'.

Thai people.... 'ASEAN is not my father'.

You don't need to buy those states, you just need to manipulate them with threats that no election will affect THEM.

Which it won't.

• Like 1

ASEAN to issue statement on Thailand's political crisis: Surapong
By English News

1398239592331.png

BANGKOK, April 23 - The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is issuing a statement expressing the regional bloc's concern over Thailand's political crisis and urging that a general election be held, Thai caretaker foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said today.

Mr Surapong, concurrently caretaker deputy premier, showed the media a draft statement sent by the Myanmar foreign minister, which is the ASEAN chair this year.

He said the statement is now being signed by each ASEAN member country sequentially and is expected to be completed soon.

Mr Surapong claimed that the statement called on Thailand to solve its political crisis through dialogues and speeding up the election process, saying Thailand is a member of ASEAN and it needs to move ahead with the bloc.

He said ASEAN leaders issued a similar statement in December, adding that awhile ASEAN cannot interfere with the domestic affairs of its member countries, the bloc and the world community is monitoring the situation in Thailand.

Mr Surapong also called on Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to hold talks with protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban before further discussing about the election with the Election Commission (EC). (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-23

OK I'm waiting for the pad/pdrc supporters to accuse Thaksin of 'buying' Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam.

I thought Cambodia had already bought Thaksin.

• Like 1

About time some international pressure is put on those in Thailand, Abhisit and Suthep included, to have elections.

No doubt we will see a mob of yellow thugs outside the Asean office in Thailand "protesting", burning effigies and so on asking for their right to prevent others having their right to vote, to be respected cheesy.gif

Kudos to Asean for standing up to these yellow shirt bullies, hopefully more countries that have been holding back can grow a pair and step up to put pressure on the opposition and help to put and end to this nonsense.

If he showed a draft statement then he is in breach of protocol

If he did that then he is pre-empting the rights of all of the member States - some will be a bit upset

Burma - democracy - so very very funny - please fell free to debate that one with me cause I am more than 52 years ahead of you with my knowledge.

There will be a letter in very vague terms including that they do not interfere in each other counties political affairs

We see so many references to these International letter - but never the letter. I wonder why??

• Like 2

Mr Surapong, concurrently caretaker deputy premier, showed the media a draft statement sent by the Myanmar foreign minister, which is the ASEAN chair this year.

So will this be fine Mr Surapong, is that what you want us to say ?

Now show us the money and it will be completed .

He himself had already approved a draft of the statement prepared by Indonesia's FM Marty Natelagawa for his Myanmar counterpart, which is chairman of Asean this year. The statement has now been sent to other Asean countries for endorsement.

Or did he prepare a statement for their approval.

Whatever, the fact he has "approved" their statement before it is issued means that anything he didn't approve of would not be included.

In other words only that which is approved of by head office in Dubai.

Would that be an independent statement, or just another piece of propaganda ?

NO democracy No Asean membership; And watch the elites turn back to the hill tribes for their primary income.

• Like 1

By English News

1398239592331.png

BANGKOK, April 23 - The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is issuing a statement expressing the regional bloc's concern over Thailand's political crisis and urging that a general election be held, Thai caretaker foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said today.

He said the statement is now being signed by each ASEAN member country sequentially and is expected to be completed soon.

Mr Surapong claimed that the statement called on Thailand to solve its political crisis through dialogues and speeding up the election process, saying Thailand is a member of ASEAN and it needs to move ahead with the bloc.

He said ASEAN leaders issued a similar statement in December, adding that awhile ASEAN cannot interfere with the domestic affairs of its member countries, the bloc and the world community is monitoring the situation in Thailand.

Mr Surapong also called on Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to hold talks with protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban before further discussing about the election with the Election Commission (EC). (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-04-23

A statement that you have already written for them Surapong.

It don't count. In fact, you are probably pissing them all off, because they know full well that there won't hardly be any problems for ASEAN as a result of Thai political conflicts.

I doubt they will be happy being used as a political tool in a conflict that does not concern them.

Get a life and stop bothering the international community that couldn't care less and probably hate your guts anyway because you are a plastic and fake minister much like the rest of the Thaksin government.

You are a laughing stock..... trust me on that.

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

Laos and Vietnam propose elections cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

You have to understand that as long as there is an election that is all that matter.

A bit of intimidation here and there or only having one person to vote for is a small technicality

Don't even mention the other 14 principles of democracy

• Like 1

Laos and Vietnam propose elections cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

You have to understand that as long as there is an election that is all that matter.

A bit of intimidation here and there or only having one person to vote for is a small technicality

Don't even mention the other 14 principles of democracy

ahhh yes....did Surapong already sent his congratulations to North Korea? Recently they had elections.

• Like 1

Myanmar doesn't have good record too, As Asean members are not allowed to interfere other countries internal affairs, Singapore don't have much opposition parties, Malaysia worst jail opposition leader another 5 years, Cambodia opposition just return back to fight for democracy, Laos as other member mention in earlier post. These people have smell socks , so it's not right to comment about Thai politic situation.

Edited by Bkungbank
  • Like 2

Apart from a few exceptions in the list of ASEAN nations, which ones are totally democratic anyway?

Not about PAD / PRDC or whatever. None of the ASEAN mob are really free in their elections except probably Sinbgapore.

VIETNAM? Cambodia? China? Laos? Really what a bunch of jokes.

• Like 1

By English News

1398239592331.png

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-04-23

A statement that you have already written for them Surapong.

It don't count. In fact, you are probably pissing them all off, because they know full well that there won't hardly be any problems for ASEAN as a result of Thai political conflicts.

I doubt they will be happy being used as a political tool in a conflict that does not concern them.

Get a life and stop bothering the international community that couldn't care less and probably hate your guts anyway because you are a plastic and fake minister much like the rest of the Thaksin government.

You are a laughing stock..... trust me on that.

ASEAN states will benefit from turmoil within Thailand as they already are. Indonesia is getting the car industry (in 5 years no more TOYOTA in thailand old news now) and Myanmar is getting loads of investment as is Vietnam and Cambodia. Now why would they want to see Thailand reclaim the crown?

• Like 1

And we have a winner! Surapong 'manipulated' these countries. In other words these countries are like the majority of Thai voters..they are 'stupid and unsophesticated' therefore easiliy 'manipulated.

And then the second farce posted is that since Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, and Vietnam are not democratic, then Thailand shouldn't be democratic. Or they 'have no right' to advise Thailand to hold democratic elections.. If you ever took a logic class in college-This is called a fallacy.

Erm....

Surapong has manipulated the ASEAN states through his prepared one sided version of events and stoking a response from them to agree with him that the country needs elections.

Thaksin.... 'The UN is not my father'.

Thai people.... 'ASEAN is not my father'.

You don't need to buy those states, you just need to manipulate them with threats that no election will affect THEM.

Which it won't.

Edited by pkspeaker

About time some international pressure is put on those in Thailand, Abhisit and Suthep included, to have elections.

No doubt we will see a mob of yellow thugs outside the Asean office in Thailand "protesting", burning effigies and so on asking for their right to prevent others having their right to vote, to be respected cheesy.gif

Kudos to Asean for standing up to these yellow shirt bullies, hopefully more countries that have been holding back can grow a pair and step up to put pressure on the opposition and help to put and end to this nonsense.

Kudos to Asean for standing up to these yellow shirt bullies

Really! that has to be the most idiotic comment ever! Did the yellow shirts threaten Asean ever?

No doubt we will see a mob of yellow thugs outside the Asean office in Thailand "protesting", burning effigies and so on asking for their right to prevent others having their right to vote, to be respected cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif>

Really! that has to be the most idiotic comment ever! Did the yellow shirts threaten Asean ever?

geez, I wouldn't want to be your neighbor. Most people would be calling the police if they saw their neighbours house being raided by vandals while what ? you would be twiddling your thumbs waiting from a personal threat from them, directed at you specifically, before you felt you could act ? I think the prize goes to you, son.

No doubt we will see a mob of yellow thugs outside the Asean office in Thailand "protesting", burning effigies and so on asking for their right to prevent others having their right to vote, to be respected cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif>

geez, I wouldn't want to be your neighbor. Most people would be calling the police if they saw their neighbours house being raided by vandals while what ? you would be twiddling your thumbs waiting from a personal threat from them, directed at you specifically, before you felt you could act ? I think the prize goes to you, son.

And that is supposed to mean what exactly old man! I didn't realize the neighbours were feeling threatened. Did the Yerllows treaten invasion or something! geezfacepalm.gif

And that is supposed to mean what exactly old man! I didn't realize the neighbours were feeling threatened. Did the Yerllows treaten invasion or something! geezfacepalm.gif

Moonao, I am not sure if you understand a few of things about Asean/ AEC

IT Is about

• money,
  • economic and backscratching
  • increasing trade between these countries,
  • trying to develop markets that allow them to have a home market big enough to support their producer

AND it was negotiated by government officials who have major financial/commercial interests in their own countries as a result of their various offices

The intergovernmental agreements between these countries explicitly say that they are not to interfere in each others domestic affairs (such as what is going is happening in Thailand now)

AND They know too much about each others affairs - that is why they have some level of trust between themselves.

Forget human rights - the agreement even sets aside long standing territorial disputes between many of the member states.

Please do some research before you repeat what you said before - you are making me feel sorry for you,

• Like 2

I'd like to ask, why did you write, "About time some international pressure is put on those in Thailand, Abhisit and Suthep included, to have elections,", and only include Abhisit (who has not been instrumental in any protests), and Suthep, without mentioning Thaksin, Chalerm, Poo, Tarit, Nittirat, Jatuporn, amongst others?

Your posts are full of vacuums, with little content asserting to any reality of situations. Is your life so boring that you have to create self-illusion each day, and jump through your own hoops to pay for your internet connection to ream us silly? .. Oh! and ... cheesy.gif .... for your self-importance.

• Like 1