Redshirt poet shot dead in Bangkok

webfact

SHOOTING
Redshirt poet shot dead in Bangkok

30232063-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man known as the "redshirt poet", was gunned down in broad daylight on Wednesday at a restaurant in Lat Phrao district.

Witnesses said Kamon Duangpasuk, known as Mainueng Kor Kuntee, was walking to his car in a parking lot after having lunch at Krokmai Thailao Restaurant in Soi Lardplakao 24 at about 2pm when gunshots were heard.

Kamon was found soaked with blood at the scene and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. The victim is a native of Samut Songkhram province and a graduate of Silpakorn University.

He was wellknown for his poems that were published in Matichon Weekender for years. He was dubbed the "redshirt poet" as his poems sided with the redshirt movement.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-23

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said he was shot because of his poems???

We don't know all the details yet and he may well have been a red shirt activist, and in fact that is probably more than likely.

In which case............................

In which case, what? I know you're trolling but I'll bite, come on, let everybody know what you were going to say.

your grown up enough to read between his lines surely..he hasnt quite stepped over the line dont try and force him too he wont bite..

Edited by winstonc
  • Like 2

what an insane country this is....because you dont like what he says pathetic..its called freedom of speech..or am i in the wrong country..

He was a redshirt that was shot dead. No word that he was shot dead BECAUSE he was a red shirt.

He was also an active anti lese majeste campaigner.

He could have been shot by anyone from any side in that case.

Read the recent news report about a new vigilante group who have declared a crack down on anti lese majeste supporters of which this red shirt was a high ranking player.

But because he was a red shirt.... he deserves the same amount of justice as the victims of red shirts have had from the law....... none.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what an insane country this is....because you dont like what he says pathetic..its called freedom of speech..or am i in the wrong country..

Insane is right but Thailand doesn't really have freedom of speech. You can be sued for a word out of place about what's wrong and jailed for a word out place about the wrong people.

You can also be insulted here for making an error in spelling or grammar. So you should be used to it.

We don't know all the details yet and he may well have been a red shirt activist, and in fact that is probably more than likely.

In which case? Please complete your post...

So you advocate violence against any red shirt activist ? Yes you do ! You must be a democrat, no ?

If a red follower post this quote, (about a yellow) at least 100 or more yellows would comment negative about that red follower, I am very curious now.......

• Like 1

Another consequence of hate that has to stop.

Lets hope the get whoever did this pronto.

Being a red supporter there might be incentive for the police to go after them.

Doing a little further digging, he was always on red shirt rally stages reciting his hate filled poems and also anti lese majeste poems.

Sorry but.... he clearly brought this onto himself.

So far every PDRC person and even innocent kid murders have been basically brushed over by the red shirts as justified.

I am not going to get involved in double standards.... but the red farang certainly will.

I certainly don't wish for the perpetrators to get caught..... because the police have given clemency to all the killers of the other side... so as far as I am concerned, the reds don't really deserve justice ..... double standards????................. I hate that.

"Sorry but... he clearly brought this onto himself"????

Disgusting words... Then the keyboard warriors are always ready to call RS violent and bloodthirsty...

They are.... and he did.

I won't be a hypocrite for you or anyone else.

I am ready to stand up and be counted.

I think he brought this on himself for not only being a red shirt activist, but also an anti-lese majeste activist in a country where loyalty to the monarchy is an obsession... So yep... They got him... whoever it was, and you can't whine and moan about it.

Edited by WoopyDoo

I would recommend that viewing of the film 'The Railway Man' be made compulsory for everyone. Why so? Because the over-riding message of the movie which concerns the hate carried by a British Ex POW for most of his life of a Japanese Soldier that sometime the hate has to stop. A very moving film a well worth watching.

• Like 1

Exactly what I thought.

Who cares about what a poet writes and says, of course I forgot all the TV posters that read Shelley & Keats etc

Maybe he owed loan sharks money or just pissed somebody off who hates poetry

• Like 1