Redshirt poet shot dead in Bangkok

webfact

Wow what's funny is one red shirt gets killed and all the red shirt flag wavers go crazy like its the end of the world !! but when kids are killed by them they cheer and go crazy !! What's wrong with that picture !! I would resite some poetry but it would be a waste of time !!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a very specific killing rather than a random act of terrorism.

If (and it's not certain), but if it is politically motivated then it is a worrying departure. Death squads?

I must confess that I have been wondering for some time whether something like this would happen.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democracy is good

Coups much less

And this poetic mood

just creates a mess

''Roses are red

I am red too

if you don't like it

behead me the noo''

Apologies to Lerm baby

Democracy is red

the coup was yellow

Our poet shot dead

In cold blood by your fellow

Communism is red

Unless you're brain dead

Democracy is freedom

Unlike Red fiefdom

This thread is lame,

Their comments are weak,

You'd best stick to prose,

A laureate you ain't.

Edited by djhotsox
  • Like 1

Well thats a headline i never thought i would see.

Reminds me of the world's shortest book, "Redshirts I met while yachting"

I don't believe that was actually the proper one, although unless you want some more time off, i would not go there.

• Like 1

This means he is now a member of the " Dead Poets Society "

smile.png

funny, but sad that its funny

the reality of thailand,

bad shhit continues to happen and is escalating

I am glad I left as this was and is building

someone threw a grenade at the ATM I was using on a regular basis, its nuts over there and it is not safe for foreigners

This seems like a very specific killing rather than a random act of terrorism.

If (and it's not certain), but if it is politically motivated then it is a worrying departure. Death squads?

I must confess that I have been wondering for some time whether something like this would happen.

He wasnt rich he wasnt from a hiso family, he had no status of privilege. This isnt the first murder and wont be the last..... and no he didnt deserve it and yes Death squads taking out the unimportant or unconnected that may pose a threat or putting pen to paper is entirely possible and not new.

Throughout history poets and writers have proven to be very unpopular with those they antagonise and have often paid the ultimate price if not protected or had a patron of standing.

Redshirt poet gunned down in Lat Phrao

redshirt-poet-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A redshirt activist and poet was shot dead in a broad day light attack on Wednesday at a restaurant in Lat Phrao area.

The victim, Mr Kamol Duangphasuk or Mai Noeng Kor Kunthee as he was known for his literary works, had just finished his lunch at Krok Mai Thai Lao restaurant and was heading for his car at the parking lot of the restaurant when 5-6 gunshots were heard, according to witnesses.

The witnesses told police that they rushed out of the restaurant to investigate and found the poet lying in a pool of blood at the parking lot.

Pol Maj-Gen Thitirath Nongharnpitak, deputy commissioner of Metropolitan Police, said that two assailants were involved in the fatal shooting of the poet. They were seen speeding in a motorcycle out of the parking lot.

He said that it was still too early to determine the actual motive or motives of the murder.

Mai Noeng Kor Kunthee’s poetry appeared regularly in Matichon Weekly magazines and he was also the darling of the red-shirt followers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/redshirt-poet-gunned-lat-phrao/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-24

Woopy Doo,

what happend? What ruined your life ?? Find a good therapist!

Good recovery

Tom

Poor old woopy doo!

You are so blinded by your own hatred that you make such stupid comments like that.

Not just both sides but many gov anti gov activists have made highly inflammatory statements or statements or poems or songs that others mightn't agreed with but to say he got what he deserved is typical sutep.

Anyway no one knows why he was killed but it just shows you how the yellow peril thought processes work according to wd!

My life is as perfect as you can get it.

Money, young wife, beautiful kids, vacation every 2 months... and my life just got a little better today.

Makes me laugh how many people come on this forum and say absolutely nothing about the slayings of people they view as being from the opposite camp... and yet as soon as one is slayed from their own camp, they denounce it from the roof tops.... But if that wasn't hypocritical enough... they also try to force everyone else to denounce it.. Well I am sorry.

I am not a hypocrite like that lot... get over it.

This guy wasn't taken out for no reason... he did something to someone to bring it on.

Never heard of.... you make your bed, you lie in it?

slayed from their own camp

I didn't realise he was killed by his own people

what an insane country this is....because you dont like what he says pathetic..its called freedom of speech..or am i in the wrong country..

He was a redshirt that was shot dead. No word that he was shot dead BECAUSE he was a red shirt.

So, the fact that the pro red community radio station in Pathum Thani was sprayed with bullets later that evening just a coincidence then?

As a Thai ,he should have known that a big mouth can kill you.

So he knew what was coming,but kept playing a dangerous game .

Sorry for him ,but life isn't fair.

So Suthep and all protest leaders can expect the same then????

As a Thai ,he should have known that a big mouth can kill you.

So he knew what was coming,but kept playing a dangerous game .

Sorry for him ,but life isn't fair.

So Suthep and all protest leaders can expect the same then????

that is obvious,didn't you see how many body guards they employ ?

Why they think they need body guards?

Why they fortify their homes ?

Why the PM fled BKK to hide in CM?

This is the East, having a big mouth can be dangerous .

Woopy Doo,

what happend? What ruined your life ?? Find a good therapist!

Good recovery

Tom

Poor old woopy doo!

You are so blinded by your own hatred that you make such stupid comments like that.

Not just both sides but many gov anti gov activists have made highly inflammatory statements or statements or poems or songs that others mightn't agreed with but to say he got what he deserved is typical sutep.

Anyway no one knows why he was killed but it just shows you how the yellow peril thought processes work according to wd!

My life is as perfect as you can get it.

Money, young wife, beautiful kids, vacation every 2 months... and my life just got a little better today.

Makes me laugh how many people come on this forum and say absolutely nothing about the slayings of people they view as being from the opposite camp... and yet as soon as one is slayed from their own camp, they denounce it from the roof tops.... But if that wasn't hypocritical enough... they also try to force everyone else to denounce it.. Well I am sorry.

I am not a hypocrite like that lot... get over it.

This guy wasn't taken out for no reason... he did something to someone to bring it on.

Never heard of.... you make your bed, you lie in it?

slayed from their own camp

I didn't realise he was killed by his own people

Why not paste the whole sentence?

and yet as soon as one is slayed from their own camp

If I was alluding to someone being slayed by their own, i would have said 'one is slayed BY their own camp'.... wouldn't I??????

You clearly can't read, but I doubt that.... just another red fool who needs to twist the words and fabricate because they simply don't have a credible argument.... I feel so sorry for you that you need to embarrass yourself to make an absurd point.

• Like 2