Woman drug dealer arrested, Bt100 million in assets frozen

webfact

Woman drug dealer arrested, Bt100 million in assets frozen
By Digital Content

13982499813557-640x390x1.jpg

KANCHANABURI, April 24 - A woman suspected of being involved with a major drug network run by a woman known as “Je Pen” has been arrested in the western province of Kanchanaburi on drug charges with Bt100 billion worth of assets frozen.

Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) secretary-general, Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen said today that the authorities arrested Rojana Pongsakkajorn, 31, at her home in Kanchanaburi province’s Sai Yok district.

The suspect allegedly received drugs from a network run by drug kingpin Suchada Tuanpa or “Je Pen”, who was under an outstanding arrest warrant in Lampang after Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Manas Suapho was arrested in 2012

Sgt-Maj Manas, a former officer at Prachacheun police station in Bangkok, was arrested while delivering 1.2 million methamphetamine pills and 5 kg of crystal methamphetamine to customers. He told police that he received the drugs from several drug dealers including Je Pen’s network.

The ONCB chief said the police also froze Bt100 billion worth of assets including a bus, two cars, 100 baht-weight of gold and many other assets to investigate where they came from.

Meanwhile, Nakhon Phanom Border Patrol Police deputy commander Pol Lt Col Suwit Sangkamanee told the press today that 480 kg of cannabis were found in a frozen foods pick-up truck in Renu Nakhon district.

Driver Kamting Seangkaew, 29, admitted that he was hired to smuggle the drug from a network based in the Lao PDR for customers in central Pathum Thani province.

He carried the drug across the Mekong River into the kingdom, he said, and this the second shipment before his arrest. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-24

Sgt-Maj Manas, a former officer at Prachacheun police station in Bangkok, was arrested while delivering 1.2 million methamphetamine pills and 5 kg of crystal methamphetamine to customers.

All in a days work. :o

Wonder if he has been sentenced yet? :whistling:

• Like 1

Is it Bt.100 Million or Billion and whose assets are they, the arrested person or the kingpin's ? If an associate has that sort of money I shudder to think what the boss is worth.

Missing too is the usual sentence suggesting the kingpin is believed to be connected to ' somebody '.

• Like 1

Death sentence impose on drug dealers then others will think twice before go into such trade, here go to jail few years release back to poison others by selling drug to society many family and life broken by these irresponsible people. It's right to live eat but when such money do harm others people living it's not right. I don't mean to cruel as human life are precious but since there don't care about other life why should we too?

Note to the Thai authorities, take a leaf from the Singaporean and the Malaysians book of

penalties for drug dealers, this country is awash with drugs and ill gotten loot fro drug dealing,

and matter how many millions and billions you will catch, the gains still out weigh the losses,

introduce similar laws to the US R.I.C.O laws and the mandatory death penalty to any one

who caught with drugs above a certain amount, that will make those drugs runners think twice...

Yes, that works quite well. As we all know, countries which do that are completely drug free; a veritable utopiawhistling.gif

No they are not drug free but they are free of one more person supplying drugs to kids and destroying their lives.

• Like 2

That would make her the third richest person in Thailand. And why would She be out on the street selling anything herself, much to much paperwork to keep track of running such a large business. I suspect this is just crap info and the gal is just the "fall guy" in the system.

Note to the Thai authorities, take a leaf from the Singaporean and the Malaysians book of

penalties for drug dealers, this country is awash with drugs and ill gotten loot fro drug dealing,

and matter how many millions and billions you will catch, the gains still out weigh the losses,

introduce similar laws to the US R.I.C.O laws and the mandatory death penalty to any one

who caught with drugs above a certain amount, that will make those drugs runners think twice...

A new high for satire in Thai Visa, I really appreciate the humour. If I were to complain, which I won't, I'd say that using Malaysia and the United States as examples where harsh drug laws have cleaned up drug abuse is a little obvious and over the top. But all in all, darned good satire. Thank you. The United States!!! hahaha, still chuckling as I write.

Singapore is neat. Now the drug runners only use Singapore as a stopover as psychological pressure on customs in their target country. Not that you can't score in 5 minutes, mind you, but Singapore did manage to change the rules a bit by pretending to harsh drug traffickers. (Ever heard of Steven Law?)

legalize it I say, the drug industry in Thailand is run by the politicians, police and army

We are on a roll today, in this thread!
By legalising this "drug industry", we would put it in the hands of .... whom, exactly?
Edited by wandasloan

that's US $3 billion, richer then Thaksin was at the height of his wealth, but not the richest in Thailand, (thaksin was the 10th richest)

i think these goofballs meant 100million, still a huge amount of assets, you wonder why these people don't just retire once they become millionairs, maybe their syndicate don't allow them to.

that's US $3 billion, richer then Thaksin was at the height of his wealth, but not the richest in Thailand, (thaksin was the 10th richest)

i think these goofballs meant 100million, still a huge amount of assets, you wonder why these people don't just retire once they become millionairs, maybe their syndicate don't allow them to.

It's clearly just a typo and the report means 100 million. If you think that printing a typo means someone is a goofball, then welcome to the goofball club, there's more than enough in your post for you to qualify also.

Edited by MMarlow
  • Like 1

She was caught with 1.2 million yaba pills, well that's her life well and truely gone. I hope this doesn't cause a drought though as I am running out myself

No, she wasn't, that was the ex-policeman.

Death sentence impose on drug dealers then others will think twice before go into such trade, here go to jail few years release back to poison others by selling drug to society many family and life broken by these irresponsible people. It's right to live eat but when such money do harm others people living it's not right. I don't mean to cruel as human life are precious but since there don't care about other life why should we too?

The death sentence would always be commuted to life, here in Thailand.

Can you imagine any judge imposing this.....he wouldn't last the day!

Unfortunately, contrary to what most people think, it doesn't make any difference to the trafficking problems, and as always, the mules cop the sentence.

The authorities here in Thailand must know who the main actors in the trade are.....there's no way they do not....but as usual, there's connections and influences to cope with.

Legalize drugs?

Define drugs.

You can't lump all drugs in the "legalize drugs" argument. Do you realize how dumb that is?

I think most people mean "weed" when they say "drugs", but to even consider legalizing Heroin, Meth, Ice, Crack, Krokodil, Ecstasy etc. is just plain ignorant and stupid.

...but fall back on your alcohol and tobacco arguments...the 2 legal "drugs" that kill more people than any other. It makes you look smart.

Dimwits.

She was caught with 1.2 million yaba pills, well that's her life well and truely gone. I hope this doesn't cause a drought though as I am running out myself

No, she wasn't, that was the ex-policeman.

My bad, misread that minor detail. Well someone has just lost their life and by that I mean their quality of life and not literally. You have to be pretty desperate or very well connected to sell drugs in this part of the world.

Anyway, like I said I hope this seizure doesn't impact the circulation too much, seems like a pretty big connected drug ring they got there, or had. But of course there are many so no need for alarm.

Legalize drugs?

Define drugs.

You can't lump all drugs in the "legalize drugs" argument. Do you realize how dumb that is?

I think most people mean "weed" when they say "drugs", but to even consider legalizing Heroin, Meth, Ice, Crack, Krokodil, Ecstasy etc. is just plain ignorant and stupid.

...but fall back on your alcohol and tobacco arguments...the 2 legal "drugs" that kill more people than any other. It makes you look smart.

Dimwits.

Actually as much as I agree with your point of ignorant people lumping all drugs into one generalization, I think Ecstasy should not be lumped in your list whatsoever. by ratio horse riding is more dangerous than MDMA, also it cannot be abused because it takes at least 5 days for serotonin levels in the bran to be replenished. Mushrooms, they (if correctly picked) are harmless physically and bad trips are rarely 100% bad, the same goes with LSD and mesculine, heck even 2cb and 2ci. The real killers to people and society are cocaine, crack, heroin, meth, ice, those are the ones that are illegal and class A for a good reason, someone please tell me why mushrooms or ecstasy is in the same class? Really think about it before you post anything, why is it that a drug such as ecstasy that kills around 40 people a year in the UK is a class A drug, whereas cigarettes and alcohol that kill tens or hundreds of thousands a year not illegal, furthermore encouraged?

• Like 1

Legalize drugs?

Define drugs.

Dimwits.

Who are you calling "dimwit", and why?

MDMA is not as harmful as you might think. Netherlands were even considering to classify it as a soft drug, in the same category as cannabis (which is freely consumed there).

How much reading have you done on the topic of drugs? If you find it too difficult to read (e.g. makes you fall asleep), then there are plenty of good videos on YouTube to watch. Here are just two:

Would you call the professor in the above video "dimwit"?

• Like 1

Legalize drugs?

Define drugs.

Dimwits.

MDMA is not as harmful as you might think. Netherlands were even considering to classify it as a soft drug, in the same category as cannabis (which is freely consumed there).

How much reading have you done on the topic of drugs? If you find it too difficult to read (e.g. makes you fall asleep), then there are plenty of good videos on YouTube to watch. Here are just two:

Prof Nutt is a legend and from my home town, he got fired from his position as governmnet scientist for putting out a report that backed up how safe MDMA and other drugs such as I mentioned in my post are, and how the drug classing system needs to be reformed. Why did he get sacked? Why are these drugs still class A? MDMA often only ever kills because it is mixed with alcohol or other drugs, also ecstasy not actually being the really mcoy. if it was legal it would be synthesized by great chemists in great labs, something that is all too often not the case.

Personally I don't care about the laws here or anywhere, I am going to smoke weed and take mushrooms as much as I want, I am not doing any harm to society and in fact contributing to society in some respects. The stigma and ignorance that some people have to such things astounds me, but yes it is all well and good for people to go into bars and clubs, get drunk and cause fights, vandalize property and be general dicks. That is something that will get you a warning or a fine, but if I go and pick certain mushrooms, oh look, maybe 5 years in prison, totally ludicrous.

Edited by Tom420

Legalize drugs?

Define drugs.

Dimwits.

I'm calling all those dimwits that use the uneducated and ignorant statement "legalize drugs" as some sort of catch-all for rationalizing of their drug of choice.

Just you have picked out one drug from the list, in this case MDMA, and ignored the other drugs. How convenient. But like most drugs MDMA is made in labs, and cut with whatever available, from cocaine, meth, opiates or rat poison. So anyone categorically stating MDMA is "safe" or "not as dangerous as I think" is probably not thinking clearly (at best).

I'm not here to debate which drugs are more dangerous and which are not.

I'm here to debate the dimwit statement "legalize drugs", because the statement implies legalizing "all drugs" and that is plain stupid and dangerous.