Battery charger for Samsung galaxytab 7.9

zyphodb

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement charger for my Samsung galaxytab 7.9?

Preferably in Isaan or Thai online, the leed still works plugging into PC but defeats the object of a Tablet if I have to take my Laptop to charge it when travelling. I'm not sure weather the battery maybe starting to die as well, the plug in charger doesn't work at all

7 when plugged into PC it gets to 99% but never 100% as it used to on the mains charger. Any thoughts please?

The usb 2.0 power outlet from PC is normally limited to about 1000mA, is the tablet off when charging it from PC?

It should be very easy to get hold of a new charger that have a usb 2.0 connection for the cable, you just have to make sure it got same output as the old one. Typically 5V DC and perhaps in the 2-3000mA range for a tablet.

It should be stamped on the old charger how much. You can go higher in mA on the new charger, no problem, the tablet will adjust the mA itself thus not destroying anything.

I am sure you can get a new charger in any town with +5000 people just find the phone mall and ask around.

Maybe check the specs on the current charger/plug and then just match those up in a nearby shop?

Anything that takes 110-240 V AC input, and puts out 5 V DC and between 500 mA - 2 A (one half of one Amp, to 2 Amps <2,000 milli-Amps>), with a standard USB should work.

Edited by lomatopo

Why not just purchase a general USB charger with an output good enough for the Galaxy Tab. I use an OEM USB charger bought at 7-Eleven to charge my note 3 and iPhone/iPad without any issues. In my opinion it does not necessarily need to be an original.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My charger plugs into the wall, but has a slot to plug in a standard USB cable. The other end of the cable of course is small to fit the smartphone.

I can pull the USB out of the wall charger and plug it into my computer and it will charge fine, but it takes longer. The car charger also takes longer, plugged into a cig lighter.

The car charger is great though because I can charge while traveling.

I see selections of generic chargers at every place that sells the phones. As others have said, just match the output to the one you have.