People miss their flights following protest near Phuket airport

webfact

They are upset they didn't have the chance to lunch these guys.

Understood, but inconvienencing thousands of people is not exactly the best route to gain sympathy to the cause but.

On the other hand, who wants to count on Thai police to do their job?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood, but inconvienencing thousands of people is not exactly the best route to gain sympathy to the cause but.

Yeah...darned right, as a tourist I have the right to demand that my needs be given priority--I demand convenience and comfort and for everyone in the culture I visit to be my servant. How dare these local thai put the needs of their own community above my needs.

They should all go to jail for the inconvenience they caused me. Darn, I sure miss the days of Colonialism...you know what I mean, right? Back when these 3rd world countries knew their place. (Sarcasm)

As for Thai police not doing their job. They caught the two rapists in less than 24 hours. Sounds like they did their jobs. Sounds like they were sickened by this as any compassionate human would be and did a great job bringing the rapists to justice.

I am constantly amazed by the expat who moves to a new culture but never attempts or is simply incapable of learning about that culture's beliefs or norms.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Good luck to the protestors. They have achieved in getting there message across because many people are reading and commenting on it. There is no place for the barbaric behaviour of the Twins

But there is for barbaric behaviour of a mob? I have no doubt the police acted responsibly in refusing to allow a gang to dispense justice, which I'm sure the angry villagers were intent upon. a healthy functioniong justice system depends on rule of law, applicable to everyone.

The reports of other boys being mishandled or even abused by police were not the impetus for this blockade, IMO. Ignorant villagers denied their violence shut down the tranpsortation system, once again.

Truly Phuket needs a special force as police here are out numbered and incpable of controlling these kinds of incidents which are happening more and more in leui of due process.

• Like 1

What's even more asinine is that they were protesting because the police wouldn't take the boys to re-enact the crime, one of dumbest parts of Thai law enforcement. It really equates to a lack of due process by making those accused of crimes go and reenact the crime as angry families and neighbors watch. It's dangerous and really a legal travesty that this goes on. And it's a circus.

And that the mob wanted the boys the to reenact the crime means they were intent on doing them harm.

Never mind the staged act of the rape of the woman adding to the trauma of the victim. I read about these rape re-enactments of rape here many years ago and still they're not only par for the course, but these villagers were outraged because there wasn't one huh.png . How does this proceed exactly? Must the victim disrobe? Struggle? Scream? Rapists unzip? Pin victim to ground? Now think about this happening in the West. Jeezuz H.wacko.png

^ Generally it such cases a stand in is used. But it really is rather a show to incriminate a confessed criminal that can draw a crowd of hundreds. It isn't well known but one can simply refuse to participate, I certainly would not.

Police ineptitude will continue here, as we all know most of them are <deleted>, anywhere else on the globe when mobs take it into their own hands demanding action, the Govt does something !

Last week on the island of Koh Phangan a 600 (estimated ) thai mob went to the Pol station.

A nineteen year old thai boy was stabbed to death on the last night of songram, a senior pol officer was video'd taking a bribe , not to take action against the killer, possibly by his family.

The word and evidence got round so they blocaded the station, they demanded justice and the immediate removal of the officer, it was linch mob.

He had only been promoted to the post one month earlier and was getting up the noses of many thai's already.

He was transferred by dark of night to the mainland.

They will see that justice will be done !

But justice here ? many murderers walk amongst us who live here, a tatoo'st who murdered a german girlfriend out of rage and jealous madness, bashed her head on a rock on the beach, is working again having only served three years.

I rest my case .

Yeah...darned right, as a tourist I have the right to demand that my needs be given priority--I demand convenience and comfort and for everyone in the culture I visit to be my servant. How dare these local thai put the needs of their own community above my needs.

They should all go to jail for the inconvenience they caused me. Darn, I sure miss the days of Colonialism...you know what I mean, right? Back when these 3rd world countries knew their place. (Sarcasm)

As for Thai police not doing their job. They caught the two rapists in less than 24 hours. Sounds like they did their jobs. Sounds like they were sickened by this as any compassionate human would be and did a great job bringing the rapists to justice.

I am constantly amazed by the expat who moves to a new culture but never attempts or is simply incapable of learning about that culture's beliefs or norms.

Oh, I just love these sanctimonious lectures on "thainess". Well, this is the route to the airport we're talking about. You do know that tourists, and not just expats, use the airport, right? And you do understand that no one's criticising the police for the handling of the rape case, but rather for their inability to remove the crowd from a public right-of-way?

Look, either thais, particularly Phuketians, do or do not want a tourist trade. If they WANT it, then THEY have some learning about "beliefs and norms" to do as well! It's a two-way street.

Edited by hawker9000

Moronic mob mentality, they ahve already caught the 2 responsible what the <removed> did they expect to achieve? Once again the paymasters(tourists) are made to suffer for this medieval village mentality. The fact we still refer, with some reverence/fear, to vilage chiefs in these matters beggars belief in 2014!

Yet again the BIB are powerless/clueless or unable to perform their civic duties - I am sure there is a law/word for this, time for the armt to take control

But the new police chief says that the RTP of Phuket are doing a very good job. So where does this leave him ?