Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich Thai kids make fools of themselves in Vice video

webfact

So those two are pictured as PDRC protest leaders now.

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

Good point. Protest leaders??? My ma-in-law watches hours a day of Blue Sky and i don't think either of those faces look familiar. Anyone know anything more definite that this?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

These two are definitely not PDRC leaders. It's a shame that VICE Media, as an uber sensational media outlet, has used these two dummies to misinterpret this whole political mess. If anything it's made Uncle Thaksin as a wronged savior of the Thai people.

Gee whiskers!! That couldn't be deliberate, could it now?

Good point. Protest leaders??? My ma-in-law watches hours a day of Blue Sky and i don't think either of those faces look familiar. Anyone know anything more definite that this?

Oh, they're faces alright, people do know them.

They are both on stage sometimes, usually not prime time and usually just for a few liners.

They are young, rich, well connected talk the talk (in Thai, that is), and drive cool cars - the grannies and the girls like them. The kids like their cars. The guards and most hardcore guys think they're <deleted>, but they pay their way plus.

The FB crowd goes got them as well.

That still doesn't make them anywhere as "leaders" as headlines claim and red-shirt supporters TVF posters would wish. If anyone thinks Suthep & Co. actually consult these two jokers on anything important, he's welcome to his delusion.

These two are definitely not PDRC leaders. It's a shame that VICE Media, as an uber sensational media outlet, has used these two dummies to misinterpret this whole political mess. If anything it's made Uncle Thaksin as a wronged savior of the Thai people.

It's too much easy to post denials and not do a bit of research. At least one of them is credited as one of PDRC leaders.

Just use Google, I posted a link from Reuters, just as example, but there are more.

At least Thanat Thanakitamnuay is credited on many articles as one of the PDRC leaders, sure not one of the key leaders!

This doesn't mean that what he thinks is a perfect mirror of the PDRC agenda, but sure shows the face of some of the uber rich boys of Bangkok that fill their mouths with words like "Protect the king" but what they want to protect is their Ferrari collection and the right to do what they want being immune from the country laws.

So he's not a key leader, just credited on many articles (some, btw, a re-hash of original article) as a leader. Don't think he was ever dubbed a leader by PDRC or even that he claimed to be one.

And he's not a mirror image of PDRC agenda, just represents some of Bangkok's rich boys who play politics, but are really greedy and selfish.

Bottom line - A doubtful "leader" in some media reports, does not represent the PDRC's agenda, shows that some young rich guys can be <deleted>.

Hold the press....we've got a story!

It's too much easy to post denials and not do a bit of research. At least one of them is credited as one of PDRC leaders.

Just use Google, I posted a link from Reuters, just as example, but there are more.

At least Thanat Thanakitamnuay is credited on many articles as one of the PDRC leaders, sure not one of the key leaders!

This doesn't mean that what he thinks is a perfect mirror of the PDRC agenda, but sure shows the face of some of the uber rich boys of Bangkok that fill their mouths with words like "Protect the king" but what they want to protect is their Ferrari collection and the right to do what they want being immune from the country laws.

So he's not a key leader, just credited on many articles (some, btw, a re-hash of original article) as a leader. Don't think he was ever dubbed a leader by PDRC or even that he claimed to be one.

And he's not a mirror image of PDRC agenda, just represents some of Bangkok's rich boys who play politics, but are really greedy and selfish.

Bottom line - A doubtful "leader" in some media reports, does not represent the PDRC's agenda, shows that some young rich guys can be <deleted>.

Hold the press....we've got a story!

Morch I guess you misread what I wrote, because I meant exactly what you said.

Oh boy, I sort of feel more sympathy for them now, they're just morons, it's not a malicious thing, they really just don't have a clue.

Easily manipulated, susceptible to guru following, gullible.

They've been doing these coups since long before Thaksin, 1992 was no different, same "end corruption" rhetoric against the then elected government, same tugging on the royalist heart strings. It had the same primary coup player in the background, the same PM they put into power as they wanted this time. All the players in that coup got very rich from it.

Suthep got a position of power from that coup.

He might think he's part of the PDRC uprising of November against the immunity bill, but he's part of the Suthep planned uprising that had the guards trained last July long before the immunity bill. They planned the uprising first, trained the guards then manipulated a bunch of idiots later.

If you see a hand grenade fired behind a stage missing the stage, and missing the audience and hitting some unfortunate vendor or stage hand, do you not wonder, not at all? How these grenade firers have all these grenades and yet are such bad shots?? Or when they throw grenades at empty buildings in the middle of the night, or with the pin still in them at aide houses?

Did they never read wikileaks?

Then there's the weird suspension of reality. He talks about his family building all these links and thats how he does well in life, but then doesn't see it as corruption. He must see the EC is not neutral and definitely not pro-red, yet he still manages to convince himself elections are unfair to his side?

Geez.

It would be a disgusting situation if clueless people with no qualifications except being part of a rich family were to become leaders of this country, thank goodness we have groups like the Red Shirts striving to prevent such things.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Yep, like Oaf!

Love for the King my a**. More like love of money and fear of losing it. I'm surprised they didn't end the video with , "Let them eat cake."

But since Thais are so impressed with people who have money, despite their lack of same, this video may not backfire but promote the King.

This is why no Thai would ever question even the most high up ammart, especially if they have billion$.

Edited by 90dayz