Drunk passenger sparks flight drama on Virgin Australia plane on way to Bali

webfact

What would be wrong with alcohol free airplanes?

Surely, it wouldn't be too much to ask for passengers to go without for a few hours.

For some passengers who are afraid of flying, a few drinks really help to calm them down. I like a few drinks on a plane, but would not get blitzed like some passengers do.

burp.gif

Being rather a sober man most of the time, I too appreciate a few drinks on a plane, dunno whydrunk.gif anyhow blitzed or not I've always behaved properly for "In vino veritas"

Surely, it wouldn't be too much to ask for passengers to go without for a few hours.

Civil aviation rules state that the captain of an aircraft must not allow anyone on board under the influence of alcohol

Though smoking can be allowed with the captain's permission

Go figure

Not the Captain's responsibility; he/she doesn't get to see the pax prior to boarding, or even on board. That's a ground crew responsibility.

The Captain can't over ride the law and permit smoking, at least not in Australia.

What I don't get is that the article states the "Brisbane to Bali" flight. Later on it states "...was forced to land at Bali..."....

but that's where its meant to land. How can you force a plane to land where its meant to land?

Well said. The need for more sensible language reporting is required here.

but..but..but.. it's the Nation...

• Like 1

Is this guy what you Oz Brothers call a "bogan?" It's a funny word, and non-Oz like me don't know what it means, except maybe drunken idiot(?) Do you pronounce it BO-gan or bo-GAN?

You people are my favorite Non-Americans. When the shit(e) comes down, I'd want a few of you in my crew. No drinking til the fight's over, though.

"Do you pronounce it BO-gan or bo-GAN?" It's the first one. Click on link below

• Like 1

Is this guy what you Oz Brothers call a "bogan?" It's a funny word, and non-Oz like me don't know what it means, except maybe drunken idiot(?) Do you pronounce it BO-gan or bo-GAN?

You people are my favorite Non-Americans. When the shit(e) comes down, I'd want a few of you in my crew. No drinking til the fight's over, though.

Thank you very much, very very instructive crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif especially for an european like me, who knew absolutely nothing about Australia and... Australians blink.png

I'll be much more cautious should I cross path with one of them in the futurewai.gif

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

Early morning news reports that he's not going to be charged, but after another round of questioning, will be deported.

Virgin probably won't carry him, and he may have difficulty finding a carrier who will, so it could be the VB Perkins barge to Darwin, and Greyhound to Brisbane.

Now that he won't be able to enter Indonesia again, he'll be headed for Thailand. You lucky buggers!

Great holiday dude!! Come again.

There's now speculation on why the pilots activated the emergency Xpdr code, or didn't deactivate it when they knew it was only an unruly pax who had been cuffed and belted in down the back. Nothing's changed....looking for a scapegoat, blame the pilots!

MickGC, I believe the pronunciation is BO-gUn, or BO-gAn with a very short 'A'.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Early morning news reports that he's not going to be charged, but after another round of questioning, will be deported.

Virgin probably won't carry him, and he may have difficulty finding a carrier who will, so it could be the VB Perkins barge to Darwin, and Greyhound to Brisbane.

Now that he won't be able to enter Indonesia again, he'll be headed for Thailand. You lucky buggers!

Great holiday dude!! Come again.

There's now speculation on why the pilots activated the emergency Xpdr code, or didn't deactivate it when they knew it was only an unruly pax who had been cuffed and belted in down the back. Nothing's changed....looking for a scapegoat, blame the pilots!

MickGC, I believe the pronunciation is BO-gUn, or BO-gAn with a very short 'A'.

... or if there's no room on that one, maybe hitch a ride on one of these:

b25c32585tflyktingar1.jpg

Will have a tough time clearing immigration at the other end though.

Let's see -a few hours:

Our up-coming trip BJX- LAX 3:35hrs

LAX-NRT around 9 hrs (after 2-3 hr wait in LAX) then around 2-3 hrs on the ground at NRT

and finally 5+hrs NRT-BKK arriving at 11:55pm

Although I'm 65 I'll be traveling with our 3.5 yr old twins. Should I set a good example or take a sip or two?

If people can't handle their alcohol and want to behave like children, then they must be treated like children.

It's a pity that a few bad hops ruin it for the rest of us.

Edited by somchaismith

Quality tourists top 3:

1. Chinese

2. Russians

3. Arsetralians

And where do your lot appear on the list tubby? If you're from that island just to the west of Europe I would not be getting too smug about it all. Never heard of travelling football hooligans?

No, I'm not from perfidious Albion. As you've maybe noticed, my English is too good for that.

If he gets one of those boats, he'll be spending is holiday in PNG, I think.

No boats leaving, or if they are, they're being turned back. I heard on the news this morning that there haven't been any arrivals since 2013!!

If it was up to Labor and the Greens, we'd have 100,000 a year arriving.

So the plumber from Qld won't be boarding one of those.

Thanks, mate for the instructional video re Bogan Cul-chuh. Hilarious. Those cats would feel right at home where I come from. Salt of the earth!

I can see that you're already a scholar of the Aussie dialect and working hard to get the pronunciation correct. thumbsup.gif

Here's a bit more translation of classical English to expand your vocabulary:

Hmmm... reckon I prefer bo-GAN, it's got a certain French 'chic' sound to it eh.

I remember the days when only respectable people flew on planes. Everyone dressed respectably, clean and well behaved, then it became affordable for the riff raff.

We also use to fly with the cockpit door open and in the rare event someone did step out of line I worked with a few captains that would unfold the self from the drivers seat and issue a verbal warning to the troublemaker. Never ever saw this challenged.

Now I travel in either business or first to avoid low life and IMHO, economy passengers should be locked behind bars a fed through a hole in the door, this would easily keep them well away from the captains door and gentlemen like me. ;)

It doesn't look as though it was a reaction to medication if the response by Australian authorities is a guide.

He's been charged with 'interfering with a crew member' and will appear in court in June.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/hijack-scare-passenger-matt-lockley-to-face-court-20140429-zr146.html

He's given various excuses/reasons for his behaviour, panic attack, reaction to medication (but not drunk). The man is a card carrying idiot!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

I remember the days when only respectable people flew on planes. Everyone dressed respectably, clean and well behaved, then it became affordable for the riff raff.

We also use to fly with the cockpit door open and in the rare event someone did step out of line I worked with a few captains that would unfold the self from the drivers seat and issue a verbal warning to the troublemaker. Never ever saw this challenged.

Now I travel in either business or first to avoid low life and IMHO, economy passengers should be locked behind bars a fed through a hole in the door, this would easily keep them well away from the captains door and gentlemen like me. wink.png

I recall those days too, and I'd gladly pay more if it kept the rabble off flights, but airline travel is just another transport system, so not possible. I blame the low cost carriers for lowering the standard of pax quality.

There's a general breakdown in standards in society, so more of this sort of conduct is evident.