Thais don't like the sea! Is this true?

laolover88

We are staying for the end of the school holidays on one of the most beautiful easily accessible beaches in Thailand that is not over run by farangs. I think there are three of these, of course there are others, but 1 in Krabi/:Lanta, 1 in Samui and 1 in Koh Chang.The kids are overjoyed. But the place is full of sour mouthed, depressed looking Thais, nurturing Pomeranians, who arrive in new Mu7s and Fortuners, who only stay a night. I asked the hotel about this. They said: Oh Thais book it on the Internet, they arrive, they say they did not realise there is nothing to do except sit in the sun and swim; many of them say it is boring and the sea is dirty (it is not), so they cancel the rest of the booking and leave. Some of the hotels are atrocious; but presumably an improvement on St. Petersburg, (Heard a Russia lady asking the staff in 7 why they could not speak Russian!!)

We stay in a modernist boutique resort where the sea 30 metres away among tall trees is hotter than UK bath water for £35 a night...........

Don't really know what you're trying to point out but Thais I know like the ocean, especially the kids but enter fully clothed and usually go towards the end of the day or early morning as it's the sun they don't like and are trying to avoid, I know a few who don't know how to swim but that doesn't keep them from wading in a pool or at the shore

• Like 1

The wealthy Thais that you are talking about probably don't like it as much as other overseas beaches they probably go. Local Thais and foreigners have ruined many of the beaches. I love most of the islands and mainland 20+ years ago better than today.

Not true, they like the sea, but because they don't know how to swim, they pretend they don't like it, in case they loose face.

Thais don't know how to swim? Typical TV statement.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app