Time for a new subforum

samran

This has been considered but not possible to do as no one, and I mean no-one, has sinned enough in their life to deserve to have to moderate such a sub-forum.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe unmoderated? Just joking.....

This has been considered but not possible to do as no one, and I mean no-one, has sinned enough in their life to deserve to have to moderate such a sub-forum.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe unmoderated? Just joking.....

The Farang Pub is a bit more open. And we try to move these topics over there, but there are just soooooo many! LOL

I agree with Samran, the general forum needs cleaning up. Why not simply open a 'Newbie Forum'? Many other forums have newbie subforums - no flaming allowed! Having a newbie subform would naturally suck up lots of the detritus posts.

Live with it. The world turns and new people enter this particular world every day. It is not humanly possible for them to read all the threads and absorb the kind of knowledge that the old hands have, which is why the themes recur. I would suggest a new sticker - like "newby alert" (some appropriate avatar like an ATM card with legs - joking, joking) that a mod could attach to threads that are enlightening for newcomers. Simple to use and save a lot of work for the mods and the newbies. Maybe allow the witty Madam Sheryl time to launch an Agony Aunt column ("In Peril, Ask Sheryl")

• Like 1

I believe it would be easier to create a new forum called 'Misc.' and leave all the topics the op mentions in General. The only problem though, now that I think of it, the new Misc. forum would probably be pretty empty. wink.png

I don't want to comment on moderation, but surely you could just ban everyone that posted on it, and delete all the posts, a few hours after they were posted, with a vague reference to the rules, some of which would inevitably have been broken - negative opinions, prostitution, flaming, lack of understanding of the off-side rule...

• Like 1

I still read but have mostly stopped replying to topics that might have started with 'Dear Playboy'. But almost all these topics have an ad showing that some slinky Thai girl is just dying to meet you so I guess the spider bots think this is just too popular.

Edited by JLCrab

And while you're at it - what about one about Western Women and how most of you men hate them.

Personally, I don't hate ALL western women, but I wouldn't marry one.

Oh hell I would. You've just not met the right one.