Cha Am Land Office

tigerman

Can any tell me the phone no of cha am land office-was wondering if its possible to set up a usufruct on property bought in cha am,the bank is holding the chanote at moment.(short term answer to problem-as back in the uk in 4 weeks) (was first to be refused company route at land office on 26 th may)

Has any one else had any dealings with land office since new ruling came into effect , and with what results. cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tigerman

In answer to your plight, two weeks ago I transferred some land in Cha-am into my company name and after the upset with the legal system now being enforced.

This transfer was done in the Cha-am land office where you had the problem.

I know this doesn’t help your situation but it can be done if everything is correct with the company papers.

Regards TJ

Can any tell me the phone no of cha am land office-was wondering if its possible to set up a usufruct on property bought in cha am,the bank is holding the chanote at moment.(short term answer to problem-as back in the uk in 4 weeks) (was first to be refused company route at land office on 26 th may)

Has any one else had any dealings with land office since new ruling came into effect , and with what results. cheers

• 3 weeks later...

“Land Transfers”

Just been informed by my lawyer that the law is now being revised and as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name as long as there is only one expat director.

Regards TJ

“Land Transfers”

Just been informed by my lawyer that the law is now being revised and as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name as long as there is only one expat director.

Regards TJ

To change a law takes some time in Thailand as well as in any democratic country- so I regret to say any change from July 12th 2006 is highly unlikely. Please bear in mind that all changes to the law has to get the acceptance from the parlament as well. I think it will take a long time before the politicians will accept anything like you suggest. The Thai majority are very much against farangs owning any land at all!

• 5 weeks later...
I am looking for directions to the Cha-am land office....... i have been told that it is on the right when going to HH. But how for out of Cha-am?

Any landmarks?

From Cha Am go south on Petchkasem Highway. After appr 10 km you see Duragres to the right, which is a big shop with a big sign. Immediately after Duragres make a u-turn. Go north, pass the road to Springfield Golf and continue another few hundred yards. To the left you see a large building located 100 yards from the highway – that is the Land Office

I am looking for directions to the Cha-am land office....... i have been told that it is on the right when going to HH. But how for out of Cha-am?

Any landmarks?

From Cha Am go south on Petchkasem Highway. After appr 10 km you see Duragres to the right, which is a big shop with a big sign. Immediately after Duragres make a u-turn. Go north, pass the road to Springfield Golf and continue another few hundred yards. To the left you see a large building located 100 yards from the highway – that is the Land Office

Thanks Tom!

Found it!

Just where you said it would be!!