Latest reports of double entry Thai visa from Thai embassy in Yangon

Hi all,

Sorry, maybe my search skills aren't up to scratch, but I can't seem to find anything very recent about applying for a double-entry Thai tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Yangon. US passport, not too many Thai tourist visas yet, but want to go to Yangon for networking and to stay with friends, then be able to come back to Thailand for longer than 30 days. Any ideas on where this info is on this forum, or anyone with recent experiences on what documents are needed? (assume entry and exit flight tickets are needed for each entry...).

Thanks and cheers

• Like 1

I believe it can be done. Check out their website.

From my own experience of Burmese people getting visas for Thailand at the moment.

You have to get to embassy early to get a token for the day. 150 per day. If you dont get one they wont let you in.

So would be worth doing a trip just to confirm what you need and whether this applies to white men as well as Myanmar people.

My step son went twice and couldnt get in. In the end we have a Thai business partner who helps out the embassy so they got the visa for us.

So from our experience the Embassy is not coping with demand at the moment.

I believe it can be done. Check out their website.

From my own experience of Burmese people getting visas for Thailand at the moment.

You have to get to embassy early to get a token for the day. 150 per day. If you dont get one they wont let you in.

So would be worth doing a trip just to confirm what you need and whether this applies to white men as well as Myanmar people.

My step son went twice and couldnt get in. In the end we have a Thai business partner who helps out the embassy so they got the visa for us.

So from our experience the Embassy is not coping with demand at the moment.

I got my non-B there in October last year by applying in the AFTERNOON, yes that's right in the afternoon, despite them normally not accepting applications then. I pleaded my case especially as there was a public holiday coming up 2 days later and I wasn't able to stay in Yangon longer. They were very accommodating. Perhaps my fluent Thai also helped, even though the staff also speak English and of course Burmese.

Still, the advice to show up early is well warranted, just in case. I did see a ticket requirement listed for tourist visas, but as others have said maybe this isn't enforced for tourist visa applicants, especially not for non-Burmese.

Yes, I have had 2 x 2 entry tourist visas from the Thai consulate in Yangon.

2012 and 2013, so reasonably recent.

There was a post somewhere, see if I can find it.

Turn up in the morning (be there early before opening at 0900) pick up the following afternoon.

Have a good reason as to why they should grant you a 2 entry... or they will just give you a single.