Australian Embassy, retirement Visa ,Income declaration

Hi

I now qualify for a retirement Visa and just need some tips and advice from any Ozzie applicants

Can someone walk me through the steps in obtaining a retirement Visa.

Do I need to provide back up documentation regarding my pension/bank funds or will just a deceleration at the embassy suffice?

thanks in advance

You will need to decelerate at the Embassy as they make you go through a little turnstile and you have to go slow to do that.smile.png

At the Embassy you do not need any evidence other than your passport and the cash to pay for the declaration. From memory round 500baht.

At immigration they usually accept the declaration but sometimes ask for more evidence of where it comes from. Although if you have the full amount a Bank Book is technically not needed they often require one.

There is no retirement visa.

What type of entry do you have now? Do you have a non immigrant visa? A tourist visa or a visa exempt entry?

When you apply for either a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry or apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement the statutory declaration you get at the embassy will be accepted with no back up proof needed at most immigration offices/

Thanks fellas,My current visa is a Non immigration O (12month) that expires in May21st 2014

Im sorry but I dont understand when you say there is no retirement Visa

cheers

Edited by mcfish

There is no visa that says retirement visa on the visa sticker. That can be what they are based upon though.

You can apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry from your non-o visa.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or 65k baht income proven by a income letter from your embassy or a combination of the two totaling 800K baht.

If you make an entry on or before May 21st when your visa expires you can get a another 90 day entry.

• Like 1

Ok I think I get it now.

I ask for an extension of stay at the OZ embassy based upon retirement. I will need a deceleration of income but wont need back up at the Embassy but I may need back up Docs if they ask at immigration

"If you make an entry on or before May 21st when your visa expires you can get a another 90 day entry."

I've actually already done that (12m +3m) so Im on my last month right now. What is the fee at immigration for my new visa?

Let me know if any thing I have written above is incorrect, thanks

Edited by mcfish

You apply for the extension at Thai immigration after you get your statutory declaration for the Oz embassy.

You should not need back up proof at immigration. As far as I know Phuket immigration is the only one asking for back proof for some income documents.

You can apply for your extension at any time now but you must do it before May 21st.

You will need a completed TM7 form with attached photo. Download and print 2 sided: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Original of your statutory declaration. Proof of residence will be required at most offices.

Just a last question

"I wish to apply for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom for another period of days. ......"
ที่เหตุผลขออยูตอ .
reason for extension?"
I take the T7 to immigration and ask for another 90 days?

• 2 weeks later...

It is closed today tomorrow and Tuesday or do you mean the closure for the demonstrations?

There are two temporary offices shown on that announcement plus you can find more info in the pinned topic on top of page 1 of this forum..

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed not enough coffee error

It is closed today and Tuesday or do you mean the closure for the demonstrations?

There are two temporary offices shown on that announcement plus you can find more info in the pinned topic on top of page 1 of this forum..

It's closed today (8th May) joe?

It is closed today tomorrow and Tuesday or do you mean the closure for the demonstrations?

Oops not enough coffee yet then. It now says tomorrow. Mind was thinking TGIF.

• Like 1

Oops not enough coffee yet then. It now says tomorrow. Mind was thinking TGIF.
Phew! Thanks, I'll turn the iron back on.

That would depend upon which immigration office you go to.

On average I would say 2 to 3 hours at the most from the time you enter the door,

The above does no apply to Jomtien office because they often have you come back the next day to pick up your passport.

Well I screwed that up! I used my Thai bank account in the deceleration and got thrown out ughhhh..

I need to transfer it to an oz bank.

Whats the best way to word the deceleration so there is no confusion?

Well I screwed that up! I used my Thai bank account in the deceleration and got thrown out ughhhh..

I need to transfer it to an oz bank.

Whats the best way to word the deceleration so there is no confusion?

Why do you need to transfer to an Australian Bank.

Where did you get thrown out of.

I think you mean declaration which is a statement you make regarding your pension income. It has nothing to do with any bank accounts. For these you must have a letter from the bank concerned when you go to immigration.

To sumarise only part of the story.

The embassy does not certify bank deposits. It takes a statutory declaration from you that you have a certain level of income.

I was at the Bangkok office. I had an Australian embassy dec, stating my pension being 45k bht and that I had over 800kbht in a Thai bank

When the officer saw me he asked where was the Bank and I told him and he just started waving his hand saying no good no Thai Bank and then started asking me about income but then said 45k was not enough and I needed 65k

He was trying to help me come up with the right figures in the end but it got real confusing as HIS open office was in the waiting room and people pushing shoving yelling , interrupting me etc

so it was refused and Im really confused as I thought all I had to show was 800k . He didn't ask for proof and he was happy to work off the DECLERATION.

I was at the Bangkok office. I had an Australian embassy dec, stating my pension being 45k bht and that I had over 800kbht in a Thai bank

When the officer saw me he asked where was the Bank and I told him and he just started waving his hand saying no good no Thai Bank and then started asking me about income but then said 45k was not enough and I needed 65k

He was trying to help me come up with the right figures in the end but it got real confusing as HIS open office was in the waiting room and people pushing shoving yelling , interrupting me etc

so it was refused and Im really confused as I thought all I had to show was 800k . He didn't ask for proof and he was happy to work off the DECLERATION.

You need a letter for the balance from the manager of the Thai bank dated the day of applying for the extension,. You will also need an ATM receipt showing the exact same balance of the letter and done that day. You will also need the bank account book and copies of it. As it is a Retirement visa and you have some income it does not need to have been seasoned. The amount you need must add up to 800000 baht a year. If you get 450000baht a year income you will need to have a balance of 350000 baht on the day of applying. I presume the amount shown as pension is not 45000 baht but 450000.

Edited by harrry

You need a letter from the bank confirming the balance of 800k baht and your bank book to prove it has been in the bank for 60 days if you are trying to get an extension of stay, If for a conversion then the money just has to be in the bank.

You didn't need the stat declaration.

Money in the bank must be in a bank account in Thailand. You need to show your bankbook and a letter from the bank to proof this.

The officer was very helpful.