Thank You Thailand For Blacking Out The World Cup

danone

sitting in front of the TV. 8pm. no england game. nowhere.

we are served the news instead.

well, why not see an old game on ESPN ...

and imagine those happy tourists who came here not seeing the game as long as the news are on ...

well done thailand.

Easily the most boring game for a very long time. Needed Paraguay to score an own-gioal for England to win . . .

Seriously disappointing game, much hyped but no value

----

:D yeah... :D THATS england.... :o

----

im just raeding here http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/i/eu/fifa/06052.pdf

thiland have broadcast on

Channel 11

Channel 3

Channel 5

Channel 7

Channel 9

ITV

???

but.... i don't like football :D

:D

Easily the most boring game for a very long time. Needed Paraguay to score an own-gioal for England to win . . .

Seriously disappointing game, much hyped but no value

what else did you expect? :o

I cant believe i had to watch the news throughout the first 20minutes, including the only goal.

The free kick would have been in anyways, if anything the defender gave the keeper more of a chance to stop it.

I cant believe i had to watch the news throughout the first 20minutes, including the only goal.

The free kick would have been in anyways, if anything the defender gave the keeper more of a chance to stop it.

The fact that he deflected the ball, sending the golie the wrong way had nothing to do with it . . .

You're right - brilliant goal, excellent game.

England firmly on the way to her second World Cup!!! :o

The fact that he deflected the ball, sending the golie the wrong way had nothing to do with it . . .

You're right - brilliant goal, excellent game.

England firmly on the way to her second World Cup!!! :D

:o ... :D ... it seems, someone is suffering from microcephalus ...

:D ''Hup Holland ! ... hup :D''

agreed with sing sling.... Paraguay had to score a OG to let england win.

(I am english, would love them to win, but I{ve always supported the boysin Orange, myself (dad´d dutch))

I went to Gulliver's last night. Fairly big crowd anticipating the England game. A few words of disgust were yelled from certain people at the TV channel rather than the King. Though it was all very nice, did we really need to see all those replays of thousands of people in their yellow T-shirts waving their flags at the king? I know that not everyone likes football ... but the vast majority of football fans in Thailand were looking forward to watching the England game.

Let's hope they get it sorted out before the final ... even if it doesn't involve England!

Oh ... by the way ... no English commentary in Gulliver's last night. And for a good part of the game no commentary or vision! I'd advise you to all stay at home and log onto the Internet ... :o

I was doing some serious tree climbing at 8pm too.

Missed the goal..did not even see a replay of it, boring second half..but a win and thats all that counts right now. we are TOP OF THE GROUP and I think we will stay there

TP

I went to Gulliver's last night. Fairly big crowd anticipating the England game. A few words of disgust were yelled from certain people at the TV channel rather than the King. Though it was all very nice, did we really need to see all those replays of thousands of people in their yellow T-shirts waving their flags at the king? I know that not everyone likes football ... but the vast majority of football fans in Thailand were looking forward to watching the England game.

Let's hope they get it sorted out before the final ... even if it doesn't involve England!

Oh ... by the way ... no English commentary in Gulliver's last night. And for a good part of the game no commentary or vision! I'd advise you to all stay at home and log onto the Internet ... :o

I wonder why they didn't have English commentry. They had it the previous evening for the Germany v Costa Rica game.

We will likely have to suffer extended Thai news bulletins for the next 3 days at 8pm. Looks like the Aussies will have to suffer the same disruptions as the English fans did when they play Japan on Monday. :D

We had English commentry in the FC. :D The trouble was it was Yorky sh1tfaced. :D:D What does a bloody Leeds supporter know about football anyway :o In the end we had to turn the Thai no-commentry up to full blast to block him out. :D

Oh dear ; how Sweden could have done with an OWN GOAL

Edited by lampard10

The King's news is on EVERY night at 2000, if they were to move the timing to suit the football wouldn't this be sending out the message that football is more important than royalty?

In short, NO CHANCE! i'm affraid that the first 25 minutes of every 2000 game are going to be missed. Get used to it.

I wonder why they didn't have English commentry. They had it the previous evening for the Germany v Costa Rica game.

We will likely have to suffer extended Thai news bulletins for the next 3 days at 8pm. Looks like the Aussies will have to suffer the same disruptions as the English fans did when they play Japan on Monday. :D

oh I see, you mean the the TV coverage from 8-8:25pm showing all those thousands in yellow shirts was to do with HM the King.

And there was me thinking that the Swedish team had a huge Thai following :o

Silly. Nothing to do with the King. Nothing to do with Sweden. Everything to do with Aidy's Golden 'Orns' return to the Premiership ...

The King's news is on EVERY night at 2000, if they were to move the timing to suit the football wouldn't this be sending out the message that football is more important than royalty?

In short, NO CHANCE! i'm affraid that the first 25 minutes of every 2000 game are going to be missed. Get used to it.

Funny how *all* the Thai channels show the same thing. It's almost as if they're scared that given any choice at all no Thais (without cable/sat) would watch the King's news ... weird.