Re-entry on 30-day extension of tourist visa?

Hi all,

I came into Thailand from the U.S. on a 60-day tourist visa in late February. On the visa itself it says "No. of Entry: S." I recently obtained a 30-day extension, and I am pretty sure that I was told that I could leave and re-enter twice, but I can't really confirm this by looking at the stamp they put on my passport.

Can anyone put my mind at ease and confirm that I have two re-entries? Is this standard, or is there something I should look for on my passport? I am scheduled to leave the country on Friday.

Thanks in advance!!

NO

A single entry 60 day tourist visa is exactly that . One entry!

That entry may be "extended" at a cost of 1900 baht at an immigration office ONCE !

Once the additional 30 days comes to and end you have to leave the country !

If you wish to stay longer another visa must be obtained from a nearby country.

It is a single entry visa. The S is for single if you had more than one entry it would be a number (2 or 3).

If you leave and re-enter you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry by land or air since your are from the US (G7 country rule).

Or you could go to a nearby embassy or consulate for a new tourist visa. You can get a 2 entry in Laos.

Thank you for the replies. To be clear, I am not asking about staying more than 90 days - I am asking about leaving Thailand and coming back a couple days later, all before my 30-day extension is up.

Ubonjoe, could you explain your second sentence to me? Will they let me back in if I leave and re-enter this weekend? I am scheduled to fly to and from Cambodia.

Again, thanks for the help.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you for the replies. To be clear, I am not asking about staying more than 90 days - I am asking about leaving Thailand and coming back a couple days later, all before my 30-day extension is up.

Ubonjoe, could you explain your second sentence to me? Will they let me back in if I leave and re-enter this weekend? I am scheduled to fly to and from Cambodia.

You are free to leave whenever you wish ! When you leave your current permission to stay ends.

Returning without a visa will provide a 30day visa exempt entry .

It is easy !

Edited by thepool

You could get a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht to keep your extension valid but it would only be good until the permit to stay you have now.

You will have no problem entering and getting a 30 day visa exempt entry. You could leave for 5 minutes and get it when you re-enter the country.

• Like 1

"To be clear, I am not asking about staying more than 90 days - I am asking about leaving Thailand and coming back a couple days later, all before my 30-day extension is up."

To be clear ...

If you only want to stay a total of 90 days from your first entry and you are now into your 30 day extension, forget about the extension. You can go out for a few minutes or a few days and re-enter Thailand with a NEW 30 day permission to stay because you are an American and will be given a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Your original visa will no longer be of any use. Your 30 day extension will be dead and buried, but you'll still be allowed in the country for 30 more days just by crossing back into Thailand with an American passport. No need to fly in. By air or by land, you'll get 30 more days.

So if you were here for 60 days, got a 30 day extension and now you are in (for example) the 70th day but want to go out and come back in for 20 more days ... just go and come back. No worries. They'll give you, not your remaining days on the extension, but a whole new 30 days ... free of charge.

Edited by Suradit69

• To keep it simple could the answer to the OP be given by one and only one person who is recognized an authority on Thai immigration laws, visa or extensions? I've yet to see better answers than UbonJoe. Many responses from well intentioned people are skewed'

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you for sll replies. To be clear, I am not asking about staying more than 90 days - I am asking about leaving Thailand and coming back a couple days later, all before my 30-day extension is up.

"To be clear, I am not asking about staying more than 90 days - I am asking about leaving Thailand and coming back a couple days later, all before my 30-day extension is up."

To be clear ...

If you only want to stay a total of 90 days from your first entry and you are now into your 30 day extension, forget about the extension. You can go out for a few minutes or a few days and re-enter Thailand with a NEW 30 day permission to stay because you are an American and will be given a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Your original visa will no longer be of any use. Your 30 day extension will be dead and buried, but you'll still be allowed in the country for 30 more days just by crossing back into Thailand with an American passport. No need to fly in. By air or by land, you'll get 30 more days.

So if you were here for 60 days, got a 30 day extension and now you are in (for example) the 70th day but want to go out and come back in for 20 more days ... just go and come back. No worries. They'll give you, not your remaining days on the extension, but a whole new 30 days ... free of charge.