Some Unbiased Advice.

jaloochapurr

Just to say.

I born and raised on the garden island, Kauai, Hawaii.

How about those who question my english?

That's fine. My point was that your english is not clear so perhaps it is your second language. I guess your first language must be Hawaiin. So really your english is quite good. It is better than my 5 year old grandson and he is 100% english.

So it is a positive after all. being able to communicate in english as a second language is a great thing :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

The son is hilltribe black lahu and loves his hill life and more than possible advantages of having a father with Usa chances for him.

I love him he is 16 now and that is enough for now.

Never did I say I did not help him out..

• Like 1

Why are people on this forum if not to advice or assist others?

They should go to some other site if they just want to be negative.

don't worry so much about the A-holes making comments....those losers have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives.

• Like 1

As to addressing the comments about my english,forget it.

The other comment was hopeful though.

Yes I can get to BKK without much difficulty.

But if I can get the money sent to CM, then I can leave from there. The US consulate should help me or loan the funds for a ticket.

You are dreaming if you think the U.S. Consulate will loan you money for a ticket.

First of all your credit is no good. Secondly, your case is a self-inflicted problem.

Also, if you're looking for unbiased advice you definitely came to the wrong place.

All this "chat " is irrelevant to the topic .

The OP is on overstay or he is not . If overstay is an issue then the fine can be paid or not. If not the IDC is awaiting.

Once in the IDC there is no escape until the fine is "paid" and a ticket home is available.

As said before the OP should seek Consular advice and assistance.

are you full American as your written english is very poor?

Have you read many of the posts here at Thai Visa from members supposedly from English speaking countries and the product of the educational systems in the US, UK, Australia? And these same people quite often critical of the English language skills of Thais.

In similar cases guys just stay in the jungle and overstay until they got somehow enough money for that 20000 Baht fine and for flight tickets. Try to get first that retirement money coming in via US consulate. They should be able to help.

Neither the US consulate in Chiang Mai nor the embassy in Bangkok undertake to organize pensions or social security. They also do not get theater tickets, send out laundry or make bookings at restaurants. You may be confusing them with a concierge. The nearest Social Security facility, the one that receives applications from those in Thailand, is in the Philippines.

Social Security Administration

United States Embassy

1201 Roxas Blvd., Ermita

0930 Manila, Philippines

Contact Information:

Phone: (632) 301-2000 ext. 9

Fax: (632) 708-9723 and (632) 708-9714

E-mail: [email protected]

The Social Security Administration is headed by one American Officer, and staffed with 28 Locally Employed Staff (LES). SSA is configured to be like a U.S. stateside district office, providing many of the same services and functions. Its primary function is to administer SSA programs and services for people residing in the East-Asia Pacific Region. The division currently serves over 100,000 beneficiaries and pays out over 500 million dollars to those individuals each year.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/us-agencies2/the-social-security-administration-division2.html

Bam...so quick with the snide remark.

Unless you have been to school in Australia, wouldn't it just be best to leave them off the list?

Not everyone learned how to balance a book on their head in Switzerland.

Have you read many of the posts here at Thai Visa from members supposedly from English speaking countries and the product of the educational systems in the US, UK, Australia? And these same people quite often critical of the English language skills of Thais.

On the nose. But I was actually more curious about the horrendously ungrammatical Mr Baker's definition of a "full American". I always thought that a full American was an American who had just eaten a large meal, but he seems to have something different in mind.

Unless you have been to school in Australia, wouldn't it just be best to leave them off the list?

My goodness. I don't think he meant to make you think what you think he was thinking.

Suradit wrote about the graduates that emerge from schools, including in Australia, that write atrociously in English. If you want to claim that every single pupil who emerges from every Australian school writes perfect English at all times including at Thai Visa, I'll hold Mr Suradit's coat while he takes you on, starting with reading for comprehension.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On the nose. But I was actually more curious about the horrendously ungrammatical Mr Baker's definition of a "full American". I always thought that a full American was an American who had just eaten a large meal, but he seems to have something different in mind.

My goodness. I don't think he meant to make you think what you think he was thinking.

Suradit wrote about the graduates that emerge from schools, including in Australia, that write atrociously in English. If you want to claim that every single pupil who emerges from every Australian school writes perfect English at all times including at Thai Visa, I'll hold Mr Suradit's coat while he takes you on, starting with reading for comprehension.

Surely a "Full American" must be an Indian all others are imports !

She has the credit cards and ATM but a big question is: Are any in joint name? If so, can't you call, get vetted (prove who you are) and have a replacement card sent to you? If they won't send it to Thailand you could do an address change using a relative or friend in the US who you trust and have it sent there, that person could forward it to you. Buy a ticket and do a cash advance for the fine.

How old are you? You can take SS at 62.

Won't the wife lend you the money?

Michigan isn't so bad, you can choose almost any house for $1, all you need to do is kick the wild dogs out. Has that bridge been burnt already?

OP, i am not taking a shot at you, just trying to figure out your story and what it is you actually want

Ok, so you were married and lived in US

You then moved to Thailand, BUT shortly after moving to Thailand your wife got a job offer back in US?

You say she took all the money because you have bad credit, i do not understand this part?

I understand you could not have credit cards or loans, but you did have money right? How else were you living?

Now your wife has left you and you do not have money

So what advice are you seeking? Should you return to US or how to return to US?

You say you want to apply for pension? and you also say you will be homeless, so what happened to your home?

Sorry, but just trying to figure out what it is you seeking and what is actually happening

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just to say.

What cuz haoli's giving you one hard time eh?

Miss the Hawaiian grinds and the ohana? Get some poi and da kind

opii like dat wash em down wit da coors light!

Ginger chicken like dat! broke da mouth!

i asked if he was 'full american' not 'a full american' - big difference from a grammatical point of view

most people on this planet at this time will consider that people who identify as being american will in fact speak good english. in todays world when people are talking about americans they are not talking about native indians.

Edited by jonesthebaker

The house was sold by her.yes the cards had my name too but was easy to get an additional card with my name on it. She changed that. For me to get a card now would be committing fraud.

And YES the US GOVERMENT will buy a ticket for me later making me pay back and paying for a new passport too.i have spoke with consulate.

And if I can prove due to certain factors I can not find work or cannot work at age 60 I can collect full 100% not the 50% I will get at 62.

Worst case idc for 3 months back to Hawaiian islands for teo years homeless as parents sre dead and surf and food stamps for 2 years then back to thailand with financial security til the whole system falls apart.

What is wrong with that other than people venting because they are jealous.

As to addressing the comments about my english,forget it.

The other comment was hopeful though.

Yes I can get to BKK without much difficulty.

But if I can get the money sent to CM, then I can leave from there. The US consulate should help me or loan the funds for a ticket.

You are dreaming if you think the U.S. Consulate will loan you money for a ticket.

First of all your credit is no good. Secondly, your case is a self-inflicted problem.

Also, if you're looking for unbiased advice you definitely came to the wrong place.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.. I've never had the US Embassy or Consulate help me with anything..

jaloochapurr Good Luck... wai.gif

• Like 2

I did check divorce records in USA. She did divorce me but at ampore where I checked I am still married as she took no steps to notify thailand. So next time who knows what type of visa to get,maybe just pay 25 to company and get retirement like posted on another thread.only time will tell. I will be back and if you cannot live in jungle,you should not visit them.

Jealously strikes again.

The house was sold by her.yes the cards had my name too but was easy to get an additional card with my name on it. She changed that. For me to get a card now would be committing fraud.

And YES the US GOVERMENT will buy a ticket for me later making me pay back and paying for a new passport too.i have spoke with consulate.

And if I can prove due to certain factors I can not find work or cannot work at age 60 I can collect full 100% not the 50% I will get at 62.

Worst case idc for 3 months back to Hawaiian islands for teo years homeless as parents sre dead and surf and food stamps for 2 years then back to thailand with financial security til the whole system falls apart.

What is wrong with that other than people venting because they are jealous.

what kind of work did you do back in the US

Jaloochapurr you do not want to be in the IDC, I have visited there many times....... trust me , in a lot of ways its worse than the Hilton----& its certainly worse than Michigan.

If you are going to act on a decision, have all your options worked out ( as much as one can ) before hand.

Also If you can help it, do not rely on the largesse from any embassy--it's not usually forthcoming.

• Like 1

Some years back a friend dumped two American kids on me. I won't go into the story. He gave me the money to take them to Paris to get them on the plane for home. When we got to Paris Mum hadn't sent the tickets. I took them to the American Embassy. The Embassy rang Mum and were pretty rough on her. She thought it was the FBI or the CIA. She got into town and sent money to Western Union within the hour and bought the tickets..........Actually the point of this is that the American officials were absolutely charming to me but they explained that they get so much of this sort of thing. You can't imagine how many people try this scam.....it gives them a couple of weeks free holiday at the expense of the Government. We are hard.

Your wife offered you a chance to stay together - despite your problems (& she owed you for getting into the USA)

All you had to do was compromise - like every other marriage (That means 70/30 she gets what she wants...ha,ha)

AND even then you could have salted away a nest egg, in case it still didn't work out....

THAT's why they are Negative!

Get yourself back on your feet, save and come back as a retiree (Stay SINGLE)

You are right. Idc will not be fun but if I must then it can be done.

Jaloochapurr you do not want to be in the IDC, I have visited there many times....... trust me , in a lot of ways its worse than the Hilton----& its certainly worse than Michigan.

If you are going to act on a decision, have all your options worked out ( as much as one can ) before hand.

Also If you can help it, do not rely on the largesse from any embassy--it's not usually forthcoming.

Just to say.

That's fine. My point was that your english is not clear so perhaps it is your second language. I guess your first language must be Hawaiin. So really your english is quite good. It is better than my 5 year old grandson and he is 100% english.

So it is a positive after all. being able to communicate in english as a second language is a great thing smile.png

being able to communicate in english as a second language is a great thing... Not for the TV grammar police bah.gif second, third language they don't carecoffee1.gif

He is right about idc.

I will not want to be there. But I did commit to overstay and i can find an easy way of getting a loan from someone or the hard way and move in til fine is reduced.

By fault, my responsibility. The best time whatever how long passes quickly. Worse get pounded which I doubt and then get early social security for sure.there rules. Do the crime do the time.

Edited by jaloochapurr