Yingluck to decide whether to attend Asean Summit in Myanmar: Surapong

webfact

NAYPYIDAW SUMMIT
Yingluck to decide whether to attend Asean Summit in Myanmar: Surapong

BANGKOK: -- Preparations are underway for caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's trip to attend the Asean Summit in Myanmar's capital; Naypyidaw next month, said caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Tuesday.

It will be the final summit of leaders before the regional bloc becomes the Asean Economic Community (AEC) next year, he said.

Surapong said Yingluck has not yet decided whether to attend the summit on May 11 or not. Surapong would represent the caretaker premier if she does not attend the summit.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-29

I doubt she'll go, I don't think the shopping in Myanmar is any good.

Then again, if there's trouble in the capital next month, Poo will need an excuse to leave the country to avoid trouble. Thank you ASEAN from the Shinawatras!

• Like 1

If not Yingluck, then Surapong......... Rock, meet hard place. So sorry, ASEAN

EDIT TO ADD......... anyway, if she times it right, she will be too busy to attend all that nasty legal stuff that's bearing down on her.

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 1

What's the point of her attending? She is just in a caretaker position right now. An expired caretaker PM to some.

Someone has to go. Surapong would say and do exactly what Thaksin told him same as Yingluck so it wouldn't matter who went.

Maybe they should send a delegation of civil servants. It would have two advantages. With the government in limbo the caretaker PM has little or no authority now so anything she says cannot be binding and of course the 'non party' civil servants would actually know what they were doing.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

Why shouldn't she go?

She is the caretaker PM and has been doing a great job under enormous pressure and distractions.

Thailand has a seat at the table and it should be represented.

Second sentence, oooooohhhhcheesy.gifcheesy.gif and that's over 3 years he means.

• Like 1

Why shouldn't she go?

She is the caretaker PM and has been doing a great job under enormous pressure and distractions.

Quite right too,hopefully it will be the last supper.I don't think even she can rise from the dead.

• Like 2

If you're planning on fleeing your homeland to avoid going to prison for crimes you've committed, you do it when the destination is nicer (and much further away). Preferably to a place that doesn't have an extradition treaty, and one that will grant you honorary citizenship (and a passport) in exchange for (what, cash ? "future considerations" ?). Somehow Myanmar doesn't really fit the bill.

• Like 1

Why shouldn't she go?

Second sentence, oooooohhhhcheesy.gifcheesy.gif and that's over 3 years he means.

I would really like to hear what the parrot thinks that this caretaker PM has accomplished over these trying 3 years.

I doubt she'll go, I don't think the shopping in Myanmar is any good.

Then again, if there's trouble in the capital next month, Poo will need an excuse to leave the country to avoid trouble. Thank you ASEAN from the Shinawatras!

maybe beautiful handmade things and some AKA-47 for her red supporters?

• Like 1

I think she should go out of politeness to our Burmese neighbors. She can thank them for bolstering the Thai workforce as well as having a chance to say her fond farewells. Maybe even a spot of tea with ASSK.

Go Yingluck, better you than the little gremlin

• Like 1

Why shouldn't she go?

stop stuttering and learn to speak...but more importantly stop drinking as it is apparent too many brain cells gone already

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

I think she should go out of politeness to our Burmese neighbors. She can thank them for bolstering the Thai workforce as well as having a chance to say her fond farewells. Maybe even a spot of tea with ASSK.

yes and she can say thanks for all the energy to power those many thaksin owned 7/11 franchises

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

yes and she can say thanks for all the energy to power those many thaksin owned 7/11 franchises

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I was always led to believe that 7-11 franchise was owned by the Charoen Pokphand Group under Dhanin Chearavanont?

Where does the Dubai guy fit in?

Yingluck should send Suthep. I'm sure the other ASEAN countries would love to hear about his ideas on insurrection, overthrowing an elected government, replacing it with an unelected, personal people's committee, suspending elections and the constitution, etc. After that Thailand will find itself on the outside looking in.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I was always led to believe that 7-11 franchise was owned by the Charoen Pokphand Group under Dhanin Chearavanont?

Franchise is possibly the operative word! Maybe that's what has been keeping the satang flowing .. a few hundred 7/11's

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Yes, please enlighten us.

• Like 1

New York September 30, 2013

Foreign Minister defends Prime Minister's 56 overseas tours

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PMs-trips-are-not-for-fun-Surapong-30215920.html

Updated 6 months later to thereabouts :

Bangkok April 29, 2014

Foreign Minister defends Prime Minister's 56 overseas tours 69 overseas tours

Edited by gangrel