Thai police seize 5 tons of marijuana worth 500 million baht

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Holland import crap Thai weed? Seriously its like importing piss water when you have a lake full of Glenfiddich.

Obviously you have bad connections here for weed. There is some top notch stuff in Thailand.

Does the NNB even know what they are writhing? Normally the street value of 1 kilo marijuana here in Thailand is 20,000 THB. With this lot it is 100,000 THB. (500,000,000/5000)

5,000 kg x 20,000 = 100,000,000 baht .... after all its only weed !

I got it to 10 million baht, would this be correct?

Why would Holland import crap Thai weed? Seriously its like importing piss water when you have a lake full of Glenfiddich.

Obviously you have bad connections here for weed. There is some top notch stuff in Thailand.

Would not know about it in Thailand other than its not worth the hassle or trouble. You don't need to smoke here when there is an over the counter party with zan and diza. I come from a place that is much like Holland and its an insult to smoke crap. If you love wine you won't drink vinegar right?

Obviously you've never really experienced good weed. While one may rarely find in Thailand some decent weed custom grown by skilled grower for his/her personal use, the rest is below fair to terrible. Esp. when compared to the superb quality grown in USA ... esp. west coast and Hawaii.

• Like 1

Would not know about it in Thailand other than its not worth the hassle or trouble. You don't need to smoke here when there is an over the counter party with zan and diza. I come from a place that is much like Holland and its an insult to smoke crap. If you love wine you won't drink vinegar right?

You're forgetting tramadol, temeazepam, lorazepam and clonazepam, but still there is no reason to compare them to weed. I take diazepam daily medically and there is no comparison, why? Well because they are too different. One is easily addictive and once addicted the withdrawals can be worse than opiate withdrawals and even kill you. Yet hey, it's all good and legal. But yea I have smoked weed with diaz and that is one hell of a combination, watch your memory go to shit, like your short term memory. You may enter a room and forget why you had done so.

As for the status of weed in Holland, funnily enough most people think it is legal there, well straight from a policeman's mouth it isn't, it is just tolerated and regulated.

The weed in Thailand is a real downgrade from the stuff you can get back in the West probably due to a few things. Grow systems is one, hydroponics and proper lighting (HPS) is not available to easily. Another is that the seeds themselves are not of great strains. Thai weed has a very very unique smell to it, one I have never smelled before, heck knows what goes into it as well as actual weed when they compress it. People who have come into contact with it will know what I mean about the smell. Also it is in blocks for easily smuggling, unlike in say the UK where most of the weed is grown in huge grow rooms or in Holland the same way, even some of the coffee shops grow it themselves.

Obviously you've never really experienced good weed. While one may rarely find in Thailand some decent weed custom grown by skilled grower for his/her personal use, the rest is below fair to terrible. Esp. when compared to the superb quality grown in USA ... esp. west coast and Hawaii.

The only thing I can think of to do with Thai weed to get a great high is to make edibles (also then don't have to worry about the smoke / smell) or make some green dragon as it is so cheap you can get a lot for your buck. Apart from that bong or pipe, I get too paranoid smoking joints here due to the social stigma and it just ruins the high altogether.

Huge cache of marijuana seized in Pathum Thani

4-30-2014-11-20-51-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Narcotic and local police have seized five tons of marijuana, worth up to 500 million baht in a raid at a warehouse in Lamluka district of Pathum Thani province today.

The huge cache is destined to be smuggled out to the Netherlands.

The owner of the warehouse, identified as Sirisak Boonsiri (47) was at home when the police arrived.

However, the police found the owner’s wife, 34, who claimed she did not know that those were packs of weed, admitted that her husband had been in exporting business for more than two years.

According to the police, the marijuana was neatly wrapped in moisture control bags.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/huge-cache-marijuana-seized-pathum-thani/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-04-30

So His wife says that he has been in the exporting business for about two years! Golden rule.SHUT TFU..Wifey will get a nice commission on this lot of good pooh!

Something stinks about this story. Probably didn't pay the tea money. Anyway, big party downwind on bonfire night.

What stinks is this pot. Too bad people are stuck on drugs to get through their lives. Sad.

Do you drink alcohol?

Alcohol is legal. That's the difference.

Up to you what you put in your body. Just don't expect any sympathy if you get caught. If it's so harmless why does the illegal drugs trade cause nothing but grief and misery for countless victims around the world?

The penalties and punishments are quite severe in Thailand and for that I am glad.

anyone know where and when they might be burning this stuff ?

The customers burn it in form of joints and it will hit the roads through other guys now. Wanna bet?

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Something stinks about this story. Probably didn't pay the tea money. Anyway, big party downwind on bonfire night.
What stinks is this pot. Too bad people are stuck on drugs to get through their lives. Sad.

Do you drink alcohol?

Up to you what you put in your body. Just don't expect any sympathy if you get caught. If it's so harmless why does the illegal drugs trade cause nothing but grief and misery for countless victims around the world?

The penalties and punishments are quite severe in Thailand and for that I am glad.

Do you really want to get into this one? It has already been discussed o this forum. Professor Nutt clearly demonstrates in this video what drugs are safer than alcohol and cigarettes, what oes cause less harm to society and why they are illegal. It isn't for your own health put it that way (talking about weed here)

Here is also a quick pie chart for you and your narrow / ignorant mind.

Hardly ignorant or narrow minded. Until something is legalised it's against the law and your video and pie chart is no use as a defence in court.

Up to you, so "crack" on.

Ahhh old school Hawaiian there is a name I have not heard in a long time. A lifetime of growing up on the west coast and most of that in Washington state. I would agree you have never smoked the good stuff until you smoked Humbolts,BC,Thunder<deleted>,MauiWowi(Extinct). I Am sure there is good stuff in Thailand but one would assume the cost is prohibitive and its not the local strain. www.vice.com does a great series on people who hunt the lost strains.

• Like 2

Do you drink alcohol?

Do you really want to get into this one? It has already been discussed o this forum. Professor Nutt clearly demonstrates in this video what drugs are safer than alcohol and cigarettes, what oes cause less harm to society and why they are illegal. It isn't for your own health put it that way (talking about weed here)

Hardly ignorant or narrow minded. Until something is legalised it's against the law and your video and pie chart is no use as a defence in court.

Don't worry sir I will, but your ignorance at putting all drugs into one group because they are illegal is just that, ignorant. You do not question or consider why they are illegal, you are just cattle being herded along. It's illegal so it must be worse than whatever isn't illegal because it is sold in the store and advertise on TV, herp durp. Oh and sorry I have to add, you do realize the difference between crack and weed right?

I am well aware of which drugs do harm and which don't. In my former life I attended compulsory drug lectures and training and I was subject to random drug testing. I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but the illegal drugs trade does cause undeniable grief and I am not just talking about harm in the physical sense. A great deal of crime such as shoplifting/burglaries etc are committed by addicts trying to cobble enough money together for a quick fix.

Campaigning in our own countries for a change in the law is one thing, but Thailand and its laws are another thing entirely.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you drink alcohol?

Don't worry sir I will, but your ignorance at putting all drugs into one group because they are illegal is just that, ignorant. You do not question or consider why they are illegal, you are just cattle being herded along. It's illegal so it must be worse than whatever isn't illegal because it is sold in the store and advertise on TV, herp durp. Oh and sorry I have to add, you do realize the difference between crack and weed right?

I am well aware of which drugs do harm and which don't. In my former life I attended compulsory drug lectures and training and I was subject to random drug testing. I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but the illegal drugs trade does cause undeniable grief and I am not just talking about harm in the physical sense. A great deal of crime such as shoplifting/burglaries etc are committed by addicts trying to cobble enough money together for a quick fix.

Campaigning in our own countries for a change in the law is one thing, but Thailand and its laws are another thing entirely.

We are talking about weed here and not heroin or meth, I have never heard of somebody going out stealing or robbing a store because they needed some weed, that is either insanely rare or has never happened. This is why the drug classinng system needs to be changed, because the drugs that people do go and cause harm to society are either legal or Class A, the same class which a few others that are very safe and not so harmful to society belong to. How many people get stoned and end up in a street brawl or end up smashing public property to pieces, or run over 3 policemen at a checkpoint?

I am aware of the laws here and of course take steps to prevent certain things from happening, but I see the way things are going in the West, legalization is becoming more and more of a reality with each month and each year. The Thais have a habit of copying the West in a lot of ways these days and I am sure it won't be too may decades before it is legalized. People nee to wake up to the data and stop listening to what governments ram into their faces all of the time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Does the NNB even know what they are writhing? Normally the street value of 1 kilo marijuana here in Thailand is 20,000 THB. With this lot it is 100,000 THB. (500,000,000/5000)

Saw that to. The price they are using is about $100 a ounce. Not likely for here.

Do you drink alcohol?

We are talking about weed here and not heroin or meth, I have never heard of somebody going out stealing or robbing a store because they needed some weed, that is either insanely rare or has never happened. This is why the drug classinng system needs to be changed, because the drugs that people do go and cause harm to society are either legal or Class A, the same class which a few others that are very safe and not so harmful to society belong to. How many people get stoned and end up in a street brawl or end up smashing public property to pieces, or run over 3 policemen at a checkpoint?

I am aware of the laws here and of course take steps to prevent certain things from happening, but I see the way things are going in the West, legalization is becoming more and more of a reality with each month and each year. The Thais have a habit of copying the West in a lot of ways these days and I am sure it won't be too may decades before it is legalized. People nee to wake up to the data and stop listening to what governments ram into their faces all of the time.

Over time you may well be right. One of the biggest problems with weed, is that you can smell it a mile off so is quite easy to detect, but as you say, you take precautions so will presumably take that into account. Just be careful your supplier doesn't "grass" you up if he gets caught and gets offered some easy jail time (sorry for that one). I do agree with you that alcohol is a lot more harmful to society in more ways than one, but drinking is legal, being drunk isn't, especially when driving, so there are laws that are there to protect the public, which are not always, or are difficult to enforce.

My final point is that weed is often seen a a feeder drug that can lead onto the harder stuff. You may well argue that it doesn't and again, I know there are scientific arguments that show it doesn't. That depends on the behaviour, character and personality of the user. I just hope that person isn't in charge of a Boeing 747 after a heavy session of...whatever.

Edited by watso63

@watso63 if cocaine is so dangerous (not saying it isn't dangerous), but if so why did the CIA flood America with it?

Dunno, but the Prison Song by System of a Down, plus a lot of their songs kinda hint why. Up there with, who really downed the Twin Towers?

• Like 1

I did my time with this when I was younger but gave it away. I have also seen exactly what it can do to those that smoke it regularly or too much and it is not good. Strangely enough these people swear black and blue that it does no harm what so ever and is better for you than alcohol. The fact that this is absolute bullsh*t doesnt come into it as you cannot convince them otherwise. My younger brother is totally f***ed in the head due to his heavy addiction to it, a lot of my mates are extremely paranoid due to constant use through their lives and cannot function unless they have some each day and they still claim it does nothing to them. I suppose thats easier than admitting that they are totally f***ed in the head due to its use and will never admit the fact they cannot function without it. Medical science means nothing to them when they have quacks saying its ok, saying all this I still dont mind the smell of good stuff fresh(nice and fruity) but simply dont have any use for it but the occasional cookie can be enjoyed)))))))))

• Like 1

you can smell it a mile off so is quite easy to detect, but as you say, you take precautions so will presumably take that into account.

So your concern is getting caught due to the fact that cannabis is illegal in many parts of the world. I agree that getting caught and being penalized can be harmful, much more so than the actual consumption of cannabis.

drinking is legal, being drunk isn't, especially when driving

Being drunk (over-consumption of ethanol) isn't legal?

My final point is that weed is often seen a a feeder drug that can lead onto the harder stuff.

If cannabis is legal then consumers may not want to cross into the harder drugs that are illegal as it would then make them criminals and at risk of being caught and penalized. That is why Netherlands separates drugs into two main categories - soft of which consumption is tolerated, and hard of which is cracked down on. The legal issue creates a barrier as suppliers of soft drugs (e.g. coffeshops) would not also supply or offer hard drugs.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1