PCAD relocates due to dwindling numbers: Surapong

webfact

PCAD Relocates Due To Dwindling Numbers: Surapong
By Khaosod English

13988512101398851292l.jpg
PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban is given a rock-star welcome by sympathetic bureaucrats as he arrives at the state-owned telecommunications company TOT Public Company Limited in northern Bangkok on 30 April, 2014.

BANGKOK — Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has downplayed what anti-government protesters are calling their "last fight," insisting that their new move is only a response to waning numbers.

Media reports in the past few days suggest that the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) may leave their rally site in central Bangkok’s Lumpini Park and move back to their original protest site on Ratchadamnoen Avenue in the city’s historic quarters.

PCAD secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban has also been promising "one last fight" against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, leading to speculation that the possible decision to relocate the protests is part of a plan to escalate his anti-government campaign.

But Deputy PM Surapong said the PCAD's possible move is merely a tactic to compensate for the group’s dwindling number of protesters in Lumpini Park.

"It's easy to cause traffic jams around Democracy Monument, so they can create the image that a lot of protesters have joined them," said Mr. Surapong in a press conference today. "Lumpini Park is a closed area, so they can't show photographs of how many protesters were there."

"We have analysed that they have fewer and fewer protesters each day," added Mr. Surapong, who is also a chief adviser to the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

Nevertheless, Mr. Surapong insisted that authorities will provide security to the PCAD protesters and prevent any acts of violence against them.

The Deputy PM also promised that there will be no crackdown on the anti-government protesters, as Ms. Yingluck has stressed to her officials that the government prefers the method of negotiation and would like to avoid any violent confrontations with demonstrators.

"It won't be like the 2010 unrest," Mr. Surapong said.

Although Mr. Suthep has not officially announced his decision to move the rally site, many vendors have already staked out grounds for setting up their stalls along Ratchadamnoen Avenue in anticipation of the PCAD protesters’ relocation.

Prathep Thongsuk, a vendor who sells juice and grilled pork on the Avenue, said she heard the news about the PCAD's possible move "several days ago."

She believes the protesters will arrive on Ratchadamnoen Avenue by 1 May.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1398851210&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-30

• Like 1

Suthep is silent on his plans for more disruption. The only source of information is a vendor of grilled pork.

You made the same mistake as eating the grilled pork.My ass was like a Japanese sunset next day.Hope you are feeling better now.

Suthep is silent on his plans for more disruption. The only source of information is a vendor of grilled pork.

Good work by the reporter, which is where it starts.

Amazing what one can find out and get confirmed just stopping off for a couple of sticks of smoky grilled pork.

Suthep's been cooked for a while already, just no smoke yet.

• Like 2

Better a vendor than having to listen to that slimebag Surapong.

Except that "Surapong", I believe, is part of the ELECTED government.

Have you ever heard of ELECTIONS?

We in the west think that ELECTIONS are quite important.

But apparently the Thai Ammart (e.g. Abhisit) don't think that ELECTIONS are important at all.

However, I believe that Abhisit and co might change their opinions if they try to railroad an UNELECTED government on Thailand once again (e.g. if they try to impose the useless Abhisit on Thailand this time).

Then they will see what we call "anger".

Edited by anteater
  • Like 2

Grilled pork,arroy arroy.U not believe me.Glad you are still here,I am missing your compatriotes,Fb,fab4 et al,].I think you are a real good sport because you give TV posters a bit of a challenge.Not much mind you,but something is better than nothing.

• Like 1

" We have analysed that they have fewer and fewer protesters each day," added Mr. Surapong, who is also a chief adviser to the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO). "

Surapong must be referring to the UDD rallies, which have literally dwindled to nothingness, because the PDRC rallies look rather fulsome and joyous. It must have been tough for Khaosod to publish this photo, and very naughty for them to contradict Thaksin's cousin. The newspaper that brings you all things Pheu Thai is essentially running a story simply to find an excuse to put Surapong's somnambulistic musings in print. Needless to say, no PDRC spokesmen are ever interviewed - lest a Khaosod tradition be abandoned - unless of course the vendor is meant to suggest journalistic balance.

Sadly, it probably is.

• Like 2

Maybe they could meet in a phone booth? But the problems with that are (1) there wouldn't be enough people to fill the booth (2) no one would phone them or take their calls, so the people waiting outside to make calls would grow restless (3) they would miss their manicure and skin-whitening sessions.

Ah. I think I have a solution for Mr Suthep and his "followers". Go to Lumpini Park, find a lake, jump into it, stay there.

they could be down to 30 protesters ..still treble the udd mass rally eh....6 months not a day and a half..

• Like 1

But apparently the Thai Ammart (e.g. Abhisit) don't think that ELECTIONS are important at all.

However, I believe that Abhisit and co might change their opinions if they try to railroad an UNELECTED government on Thailand once again (e.g. if they try to impose the useless Abhisit on Thailand this time).

brains what elected government are you talking about all those big capital letters and you got it wrong on your..first line......oh well....

• Like 1

Yes minister Surapong, we believe you because you're a man of honesty and integrity and everything that comes out of your mouth has been the truth so far. rolleyes.gif

Don't you have anything else to do! Totally pathetic posts one after another!

TVGerry are you rising to the bait.I love a challenge,but sometimes when there is no contest it is boring.Are you up for it TVgerry,it won't take more than 2 minutes.

• Like 1

More reliable source, than, what we have been hearing from Mr Surapong.

And different to Mr. Surapong a vendor of grilled pork is working and earning his money in a honest way

• Like 2

Except that we in the WEST put extreme corrupt politicians in JAIL and the separation of power works pretty well in most COUNTRIES in the west. Never heard that Merkel or OBAMA says that they don't accept the constitutional courts ruling.

• Like 2

The PCAD may have to play at smaller venues now but at least they don't have to cancel the show completely like the UDD.

The good news is the public seem to have had their fill of rallies, whatever the colour.

Currently they don't know what to do, so lower numbers. If Suthep comes with a plan and tell the people to come, he'll get the same numbers as before.

For me it seems he is waiting for what the courts decide.

• Like 1

I have yet to see his plan for reform - i think he has forgotten about that

Erm..... I don't think you can pin your ignorance onto Suthep.... they had weeks of reform forums every 2 day and everything was published in several media and also published in The Nation in English and also on this very forum where they could be read in detail and have already been debated upon by TV members.

Were you on the moon 2 months back or what?????

• Like 1