Bad Smell At "say Cheese"

Korat Correct

An Information directory notice.

"Say Cheese" the Photographic Shop at 501-503 Pho Klang Road, Korat is best avoided. It is very expensive and unfriendly. My friend also tried to return an unused camera, but even though the local Police officer was very helpful and demanded that the goods be taken back and the money refunded the shop owner refused to oblige. No receipt had been given for the goods overpaid for in cash.

We know a Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply here but this was a slightly different situation.

"Say Cheese" has a big green Fuji Film sign outside.

Pho klang Road is the back Mae Kimheng Market Road and the shop is just past the traffic lights on the left.

The shop reproduces digital photos and sells photographic equipment.

It says "When you take a photo, don't forget to say cheese"

We say this is a bad smell of cheese.

You are doing the the Farang community a big favour by taking your business elsewhere.

An alternative Photo shop is on Jomsurangyart Road next to Klang Plaza.

Edited by Korat Correct

Hey, thanks for the tip. I will avoid the shop and it's an easy one to remember, "Say Cheese". :D

I just had a friend who was treated badly at a Honda shop in Korat and took his business elsewhere. I won't be doing business with that shop anymore either. :o

Ok, here's the story. :D My friend took his Thai wife to the Honda shop with the purchase of a new Phantom Motorcycle in mind. He "enjoys" the haggling over price (unlike me :D ) After going a couple of weeks of negotiating a deal with the sales girl they came to an agreement on price. Deal was written on paper. He returned a couple of days later with the money and the sales girl that he had been negotiating with wasn't in that day. So the Sales Manager (lady) was called out. She not only refused to "honor" the deal but insisted that because he was a Farang then he had to have money and basically wasn't entitled to any discount. All this was translated by his wife to him, though he understood the basics of the conversation already. End of story, his wife told him they should leave and go to another shop, which they did. As they were leaving the manager shot back that they have many Farang who buy motorcycles from them, so it was no big deal that he was going to buy elsewhere. At the other Honda shop they got the "deal" they were looking for and he bought the bike. :D

Admittedly I have bought 3 motorcycles at this same shop, but I'm not one for bargaining the price down, so guess they love me). :D But I won't buy any more from them after hearing his story. :o The problem Honda shop is the big Honda dealer, almost next door to UBC.

So there. :D

A technician has made 3 appointments in 3 days with my wife in order to fix and adjust some machinery. I was surprised when she finally told the shop owner that we'd never do business with them again.

Another technician showed up in a brand new white lab coat... and no tools! He had to borrow mine... and couldn't fix a thing. :o

Good customer service isn't easy to find as customers just keep on coming.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I will avoid the shop and it's an easy one to remember, "Say Cheese". :D

I just had a friend who was treated badly at a Honda shop in Korat and took his business elsewhere. I won't be doing business with that shop anymore either. :o

Ken,

As you know I had a bad experience with the service department of that Honda shop and I will not be using them again, sadly the owner of that shop also owns about 90% of all the other Honda shops in Korat, Better off trying one of the smaller shops that stock all the brands, as they get their stocks from a different source they are not held to the Honda fixed price system that the other shops seem to use.

There are a couple of those shops just around the corner from UBC and one is owned by the family of one of my wife’s friends so if you’re buddy has not brought his bike yet she might be able to get him a good price.