A lesson for Thai politicians from South Korea's PM

webfact

This lesson is as useful as guitar & singing lessons for a one-handed deaf mute.

Hey buddy! Enough of this one-handed deaf mute prejudice!

I happen to be Jewish, black, one-handed, deaf, mute, blind, homosexual, guitar player (well, ideally), and singer (well, until they told me to "can it Buster")!

And am I complaining ? No way. I am living life to the full, and posting under psedonyms such as "scamper" and "tingtongtisood".

Get a life, buster, even if you can't see/hear what it is.

This is another problem running in parallel.

I have lived in Pattaya for 12 years and have seen the total lack of management and control of our local city personnel.

Before I retired from England, I was the Senior Executive in charge of 7 factories in the South of England. We were the No.1 leading company in domestic electric heating products. I was totally responsible for the final manufacturing output and the buck stoped with me ! I had 8 Senioir Managers who each led their own team. If things went wrong, they put them right. If the same things went wrong again, someone was likely to be disciplined or even fired. That was our way of life.

Who is tghe person here in Pattaya who is ultimately responsible? If it is oujr Mayor, then he should have resigned so long ago. I see him on the TV nearly every night, opening something, attending something, giving out presents, welcoming people etc. He must have a bigger wardrobe than my wife and I together - he is always wearing something pretty !!

We have the by-pass open, on each side of the railway. On the main cross-roads at Soi Noenplabwaan, they installed raffic lights more than 2 years ago. Since then they leave one way on red and the other way on amber, because they cannot program them. So from ab out 4 pm. we have 2 or 4 policemen on the 2 sides directing the traffic. Who should be sacked for this huge overspend on policemen and a traffic system that doesn't wor?

Then they erected signposts at each of the crossings. Again, at the Noenplabwaan crosing, they got the names and directions wrong, once it was erected. Eventually, they took it down and put a new one there with bad spellings !! Then they took them down and moved them further away from the crossing. Who should be sacked for this incompetence.

Because the traffic is so bad along Noenplabwaan, someone decided to aint yellow lines down the middle and whitelines down either side. The white paint had gone within a couple of days, and the yellow is fast disappearing. Has someone on the coun cil done a deal for poor quality paint so that the work can be done again and again ? Who is responsible?

In Thepprasit road today, the busiest day of the year for traffic coming from Bangkok, someone had authorised (presumably on overtime as it is a holiday)a crew to go and chip away the newly-painted yellow lines, bringing the traffic to a complete standstill. Who authorised and approved this? Who got the lines wrong in the beginning - planning, control, QC ??

There are now so many problems here in Pattaya, and no-one ever seems to be disciplined for anything. We were told last year that all our water problems had gone, but today they are delivering water to the houses in our Soi !!

Will someone tell the Mayor (if he is the boss) to stop parading round in all his fancy coloured shirts, suits and Thai clothing, and get on with the work of running Pattaya - getting rid of the obvious rubbish management and being the man where " the buck stops there". If not he is just acting like a good PR man. If thisis the case, please tell me who the ultimate man is? What is his name, and what is he doing for his salary? It is certainly not managing Pattaya.

The South Korean press has dismissed the PM's resignation as a political ploy because he had little power. Power rests with President Park.

When she went to a memorial for the dead, many family members of the deceased/missing booed her and had the wreathes and flowers she laid moved away from the other flowers. The President is being savaged by the South Korean press. So............ is the lesson to toss some politician under a political bus to protect the big boss?

Like KY you mean?

This lesson is as useful as guitar & singing lessons for a one-handed deaf mute.

Hey buddy! Enough of this one-handed deaf mute prejudice!

I happen to be Jewish, black, one-handed, deaf, mute, blind, homosexual, guitar player (well, ideally), and singer (well, until they told me to "can it Buster")!

And am I complaining ? No way. I am living life to the full, and posting under psedonyms such as "scamper" and "tingtongtisood".

Get a life, buster, even if you can't see/hear what it is.

Sorry to hear about your amputation. Don't ever do it without lube again if you don't want to lose the other hand.

The resignation of the Republic of Korea's PM is not analogous to a resignation of Thailand's PM over matters of public "shame." (I will not use the term "corruption" as it has not been alleged or proven in the case of the sunken ferry).

Republic of Korea (ROK) is basically a presidential republic. ROK’s legislative branch is a 100% single assembly that has no Senate. In the Executive branch the president is elected directly by the people. The president is head of government, head of state, and commander in chief of the South Korean armed forces.

The ROK Government is managed by the Cabinet that serves as the highest body for policy deliberation and includes the President, the Prime Minister, the Vice Prime Minister and various cabinet-level ministers with the President as the chairperson of the Cabinet, and the PM as the vice chairperson. The PM is appointed by the President with approval from the National Assembly. The Cabinet ministers are appointed by the President and report to the Prime Minister. The PM is essentially an alter-ego for the President for administrative purposes - an executive "go-fer."

So the ROK PM's resignation is a political gesture but in no way alters the way ROK government operates. Yingluck's position as PM is not analogous to the ROK PM position but more parallel to the ROK President's position.

The Nation needs to keep looking for lessons to learn.

• Like 1

I have lived in Pattaya for 12 years and have seen the total lack of management and control of our local city personnel.

Before I retired from England, I was the Senior Executive in charge of 7 factories in the South of England. We were the No.1 leading company in domestic electric heating products. I was totally responsible for the final manufacturing output and the buck stoped with me ! I had 8 Senioir Managers who each led their own team. If things went wrong, they put them right. If the same things went wrong again, someone was likely to be disciplined or even fired. That was our way of life.

Who is tghe person here in Pattaya who is ultimately responsible? If it is oujr Mayor, then he should have resigned so long ago. I see him on the TV nearly every night, opening something, attending something, giving out presents, welcoming people etc. He must have a bigger wardrobe than my wife and I together - he is always wearing something pretty !!

We have the by-pass open, on each side of the railway. On the main cross-roads at Soi Noenplabwaan, they installed raffic lights more than 2 years ago. Since then they leave one way on red and the other way on amber, because they cannot program them. So from ab out 4 pm. we have 2 or 4 policemen on the 2 sides directing the traffic. Who should be sacked for this huge overspend on policemen and a traffic system that doesn't wor?

Then they erected signposts at each of the crossings. Again, at the Noenplabwaan crosing, they got the names and directions wrong, once it was erected. Eventually, they took it down and put a new one there with bad spellings !! Then they took them down and moved them further away from the crossing. Who should be sacked for this incompetence.

Because the traffic is so bad along Noenplabwaan, someone decided to aint yellow lines down the middle and whitelines down either side. The white paint had gone within a couple of days, and the yellow is fast disappearing. Has someone on the coun cil done a deal for poor quality paint so that the work can be done again and again ? Who is responsible?

In Thepprasit road today, the busiest day of the year for traffic coming from Bangkok, someone had authorised (presumably on overtime as it is a holiday)a crew to go and chip away the newly-painted yellow lines, bringing the traffic to a complete standstill. Who authorised and approved this? Who got the lines wrong in the beginning - planning, control, QC ??

There are now so many problems here in Pattaya, and no-one ever seems to be disciplined for anything. We were told last year that all our water problems had gone, but today they are delivering water to the houses in our Soi !!

Will someone tell the Mayor (if he is the boss) to stop parading round in all his fancy coloured shirts, suits and Thai clothing, and get on with the work of running Pattaya - getting rid of the obvious rubbish management and being the man where " the buck stops there". If not he is just acting like a good PR man. If thisis the case, please tell me who the ultimate man is? What is his name, and what is he doing for his salary? It is certainly not managing Pattaya.

Be careful when complaining about this guy ( Itthiphol Kunplome). You know who his daddy is I take it. He comes from an illustrious family.whistling.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somchai_Khunpluem

Ah ! You Farang no unerstan Thainess. Mayor Pattaya vely importan man have to look pretty for big face everywhere this his job unerstan ?