A lesson for Thai politicians from South Korea's PM

webfact

The South Korean press has dismissed the PM's resignation as a political ploy because he had little power. Power rests with President Park.

When she went to a memorial for the dead, many family members of the deceased/missing booed her and had the wreathes and flowers she laid moved away from the other flowers. The President is being savaged by the South Korean press. So............ is the lesson to toss some politician under a political bus to protect the big boss?

• Like 1

A 1,000 wild horses will not unseat a Thai politician once he's got hold on to his seat,

and that is the reason why thins country had so many coups, the only way to get rid

of a government and a politicians.....

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A 1,000 wild horses will not unseat a Thai politician once he's got hold on to his seat,

and that is the reason why thins country had so many coups, the only way to get rid

of a government and a politicians.....

Well the last coup didn't do that good , they are all still there , except one.

"Rather than owning up to their faults or wrongdoings, they tend to shift the blame onto others."

Actually they need to learn from the past Eg that coups and judicial coups accomplish nothing in the end except creating more of a mess.

Q.E.D.

Well done, moonao, you are a truthful representative of those you support.

It takes dignity and integrity to resign at a time of crisis and criticism.

Something that this regime is devoid of.

But then again I doubt the S Korean government are anywhere near as corrupt as this government and money is a good motivator.

Had he been in a position of having such a ****d up country where corruption and theft of public money goes totally unchecked and a government can easily keep all its support while doing so... Then maybe the S Korean government may also be tempted... but unfortunately for them they have a proper country with a proper system and are light years ahead of the Thai's who would not know what dignity and integrity was if is punched them in the mouth.

Good point about the dignity aspect. Something this PM does not seem to embody. But, you know the country is in a difficult position when the opponent is Suthep. Talk about a shill, an incompetent, an empty suit, and a phony with bad intentions. So, what is the alternative at this point? I would suggest a reform of the entire political infrastructure and system from the ground up. And appointments of ministers based on qualifications, not who you know, or what your family name is. Yes, taking responsibility for ones actions, or inactions, is a very foreign, and alien concept here in the LOS. Face tends to allow them to get away with a lot, and not look within. It is the behavior of cowards to not look within for solutions.

Actually they need to learn from the past Eg that coups and judicial coups accomplish nothing in the end except creating more of a mess.

Are you now green,if you mix yellow and red I think you get green.Green can also mean you are new and know nothing,which are you?

Are you now green,if you mix yellow and red I think you get green.Green can also mean you are new and know nothing,which are you?

Yellow and blue make green. Yellow and red make orange.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What Are you talking about eggs for ? Seems you are the only one with egg on his face... ! And can I ask a question that most TV posters would like to know, Did you ever attend school..? If you did , it was a waste of time..! Suicide is painless....

• Like 2

But then again I doubt the S Korean government are anywhere near as corrupt as this government and money is a good motivator.

Had he been in a position of having such a ****d up country where corruption and theft of public money goes totally unchecked and a government can easily keep all its support while doing so... Then maybe the S Korean government may also be tempted... but unfortunately for them they have a proper country with a proper system and are light years ahead of the Thai's who would not know what dignity and integrity was if is punched them in the mouth.

And don"t forget they fought a war,with a little help from their friends.

Yellow and blue make green. Yellow and red make orange.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry,it"s my age.Thanks for reminding me,but you get my gist anyway.

• Like 1

The South Korean press has dismissed the PM's resignation as a political ploy because he had little power. Power rests with President Park.

When she went to a memorial for the dead, many family members of the deceased/missing booed her and had the wreathes and flowers she laid moved away from the other flowers. The President is being savaged by the South Korean press. So............ is the lesson to toss some politician under a political bus to protect the big boss?

You have all the answers,you tell us.

and I suppose the school vice principle committing suicide was also a political ploy right.......?

Talking &lt;deleted&gt; as usual GK

The only way to remove a corrupt thief from office in Thailand is either by the army or the courts - they have no honour, PTP are like a pack of hungry wild dogs feeding on a rotten carcass

and I suppose the school vice principle committing suicide was also a political ploy right.......?

Talking <deleted> as usual GK

The only way to remove a corrupt thief from office in Thailand is either by the army or the courts - they have no honour, PTP are like a pack of hungry wild dogs feeding on a rotten carcass

or death.

South Korea had a similar problem to that of Thailand, namely a bloated military with a tendency to interfere in politics.Unlike Thailand the South Korean army was bitch slapped back to the barracks and ordered by the democratically elected civilian government to concentrate on their military duties.

Unlike Thailand the South Korean army does actually have a real job to do - dealing with my avatar.

I don't see why Yingluck should resign.No charges against her have been proved.And her accusers are tainted.

There was a case for Abhisit to resign after the murder of unarmed civilians on his watch.But naturally he didn't take responsibility for it.

• Like 1

I am all for people and especially politicians being responsible for their actions but just how was this man in any way, shape or form responsible for the ferry capsizing and the deaths of many passengers ?

His resignation is nothing more than political pantomime and the Thai's have nothing to learn from this apart from what not to do in the event of a disaster.