Skin disorder - heat rash. Case for Dr. Anna?

Hi guys,

I could need advice about this condition I've had now for more than 1 week.

Itching red spots started outbreaking at my cheast and slowly advancing, conquering more of my skin. I treated the affected areas first with some simple tiger balsam but soon got hold of some yellowish liquid essential oil herb extract which relieves better and in first instance also seemed to have stopped the spreading, but that was only temporarily.

I think these were triggered by heat, playing with my laptop while lying down (should I rename it to a cheasttop?), although my wife links it to a bee stung under my foot a couple days earlier. A few months ago I had a small similar outbreak after a heat exposure but the affected area never exceeded size of half hand palm and disappeared after a few days.

Although it seems like the starting area is less itchy now, after probably 10 days, I fear the spots will spread to my back etc and make sleeping virtually impossible.

I am visiting Pattaya these days (living in CM) and, after searching TV, I think I will today (if available on this Labour Day) consult the recommended Dr. Anna at BPH. It has been many years since my last visit to any doctor...

I would be grateful for any advice, thanks.

post-153404-0-23528200-1398904421_thumb.

Edited by GettingOlder

Thanks for replies. Just a short feedback for whoever would be interested. Yesterday I consulted Dr. Anna at BPH and yes, she diagnosed my red spots as a trivial heat induced problem and prescribed some acne tonic containing dispersed white powder and a 0.1% TA lotion (whatever it is) to apply to the skin as well as some antihistamine tablets. I should keep the skin cool, dry and clean. Took total 2 hrs and1500 bht. The weather is a bit cooler now but I still have the aircon on more often and the spots are undoubtedly on the return. I guess I learned my lesson...

If you go for a repeat prescription - make sure you let the people who book the appointments know that first - otherwise she will charge for a consultation

Another tip - if you have a K-Bank account you get 10% discount (from memory) by paying with your card for medication (only)

Can usually save even more by buying the meds outside the hospital. Only if it is a controlled substance woudl there by a reason to get meds at a hospital.

A lot of the meds they prescribe for skin disorders is made up in a Pharmacy Lab in Generic Bottles

This I do not know. But be aware that BPH has triple tier pricing: one for Thais, one for resident expats and one for tourists. However many farang report automatically be charged the tourist price, the cashiers do not always (or even usually, from what I hear) bother to ascertain if a farang lives here. So when you get to the cashier window state specifically that you are a foreigner who lives in Thailand.

Just a guess, but I'd expcet that to yield a price in the range of 1000 - 1500 baht plus a few hundred baht of hospital charges tacked on.

Do not buy ant prescribed medication at the hospital. Find out what it is then hand it back saying you already have it and they will subtract it from the bill. Then go buy the dame thing at an outside pharmacy. Exception: if oral medication and it is a narcotic, tranquilizer or steroid (prednisolone tec) then you have to get it at a hospital.