Recomended contractors / tradesmen

khunjepp

Anyone have any recommendations for good contractors?

Cabinetmakers

Painters

Electricians

Builders

Plumbers

etc?

Have been reading some horror stories on the forums, but i'm sure that some of us have some good tradies we could recommend. To prevent those horror stories from self promoting themselves, we might need to get a few recommendations for each, but i'm sure ThaiVisa members could get together a bit of critical mass.

I can refer a painter if you all need. PM me.

Jeff

• Like 1

Builders and tradespeople are particularly difficult to find in this region......good ones are almost non existent.

Recommendations are usually the only way to find someone.....

My wife did most of the hunting for our builder last year.....he was not very good, but my being there all the time meant we got a reasonable build.....

Electricians are dangerous....if you have the skills, do it yourself

Plumbing practices here are dreadful.....again..I did my own....

There's a couple of ok cabinet makers.....but I used Boonthavorn....they are ok

Get In Contact with David on 0848840127 Hua Hin. David is a Builder and speaks Thai fluently. He managed my House Build and was very useful getting the Thais, to do it my way not their shonky Thai way. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

started in December, and still not back in my condo. <sigh>

Mine is a major renovation of condo (great floor plan, btw). I made the mistake of "falling in love with it". so be it.

renovations are 80% complete, the builder has a falling out with the carpenter-cabinet maker. all is full-stop, awaiting the cabinet which houses the electrical breakers.

The tradesmen have been fairly competent, and there has been much good work done. The kitchen is a disappointment and I take some of the responsibility there. I wasn't clear with the builder that I wanted top-knotch cabinetry, and got fairly decent thai-style "country cabinets". shoulda-coulda-woulda taken the builder to b-vorn to show him what I was after. Water-under-the bridge. I am looking at a company to "fix" the kitchen with proper doors, drawers, glides, etc.

Any ideas for me? :-) (still smiling after 6 months out of my home)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all can anybody recommend any good builders to carry out a small building job on soi 80 hua hin

looking to have a new bar counter built from concrete block,some tiling & a small wall taking out.

seems that most builders are too busy or not interested in small jobs.

any help would be much appreciated

thankyou for any help you maybe able to give

thanks in advance