No forwarding port via Billion 4 port Wi-Fi router

siampolee

I am experiencing problems with not being able to locate an opening forwarding port .I am using Utorrent 1-8-3 as specified by my download sites.

Downloading speed is great and I am actually uploading at the same time, however once download is complete upload ceases hence my ratio is after some time going to be non existent.

I've tried all sorts Simple Port Forwarding can't find a port I have disabled Eset Nod 32 all to no avail.

As said my modem router is a True Billion 4 port Wi-Fi route installed but two months since.

Until we changed our modem we had no problems for five years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and worked on too.

Thanks in anticipation of expert advice.

I'm not familiar with your router but as far as I'm aware Simple Port Forwarding supports all routers and if yours is not on the list they will add it in a few days, at least that was my experience some time ago.

http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download

Download the Simple Port Forwarding Program and follow the instructions. I't's bit complicated but I managed to forward my port so just about anyone should be able to do it. biggrin.png

You say you tried SPF and it can't find a port, don't quite understand that as you have to assign a port number to your router and also the same number to uTorrent. Be sure to uncheck "Randomize port at each start"

Are you sure your port is not forwarded already? Check with one of the internet sites, just search "is my port forwarded"

I'm also using uTorrent and find keeping a ratio on any of the private sites is impossible, I download all the free stuff just to keep a basic ratio. On open sites like EZTV which have a wider audience no trouble getting great ratios.

smile.png

• Like 1

Make sure UPnP is enabled on both the Router and in your P2P application (Preferences|Connection). This will allow applications on devices that get issued Dynamic IP Addresses to request Forward Ports from the Router.

You can ALSO set Forward Ports in the Router, but this type of Static Open Port Forwarding required the Device running the P2P application have either a Static IP Address or a DHCP Statically Issued IP Address (IP address reserved and issued by Router DHCP bases on hardware MAC address) to the device ALWAYS has the same IP address so the Router can deliver/Forward all the packets on the Port Forward to the listed Static IP Address.

For more information on how to set your Modem/Router, see this TrueCorp Settings Modem & Router page.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that port forwarding is your problem. Maybe the stuff you are downloading is not needed for seeding

I did not need to do any port forwarding, just downloaded uTorrent 3.4.1 and it found open ports and I just leave it open minimized and if what I downloaded is needed for seeding, it seeds, if not, then I don't worry about it

Most sites will not ding you if can't seed based upon what you downloaded. If you never seed then they will get on you about your ratio

• Like 1

Downloading speed is great and I am actually uploading at the same time, however once download is complete upload ceases

Sounds like a "settings" issue in uTorrent? Maybe in Preferences, Queuing, although I am on 3.4.1.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Do not understand why you are using such an old version of software - you might want to try the current version as that is likely your issue. As said 3.4.1 is the current version.

Do not understand why you are using such an old version of software - you might want to try the current version as that is likely your issue. As said 3.4.1 is the current version.

its the best version.......

Not if it does not work for him.

The OP is using an old version of uTorrent because some private sites get upset if you use later versions that somehow don't work well with ratio sharing.

I am using version 2.2.1 and have no problem from sites that insist on using older version. thumbsup.gif

The advantage of using this version (2.2.1) is as Langsuan Man said it will find your open port so you don't have to worry about it. Just allocate a port number in uTorrent setup. Any number between 10000 and 65535 is recommended.

When I changed to a new router some months ago I thought I would have to re-port the new router but uTorrent had done it for me.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...