CAPO prepares for possible PDRC relocation to Democracy Monument

webfact

CAPO prepares for possible PDRC relocation to Democracy Monument

PNPOL570501001000101_01052014_100537.jpg

BANGKOK, 1 May 2014 (NNT) – The Center for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) indicated on Wednesday it was making preparations to adjust the deployment of security officials, after news on relocation of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) main rally venue circulated.

Deputy Prime Minister Suraphong Towichakchaikun, in his role as CAPO chief advisor, said the CAPO was making preparations for an event of the PDRC relocating from Bangkok's Lumphini Park to the Democracy Monument on Ratchadamnoen Rd. He called on the PDRC leaders to let the police and military security officers know in advance before they relocate their supporters, in order to prevent attempts by ill-intentioned third-party groups to stir up trouble.

Mr. Suraphong asserted the prime minister had emphasized that force not be used to disperse the protest.

CAPO director Chalerm Yubamrung on Wednesday met with police officials charged with handling security around protest sites. He said after the meeting that there should not be any problem if the PDRC went ahead with the relocation. He also asserted that authorities will not allow the PDRC and United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) supporters to clash with one another. Pol. Capt. Chalerm also affirmed authorities are not looking to disperse the protests.

At the same time, merchants have set up stalls along the route leading up to Democracy Monument, after hearing that the PDRC will return to camp at the site. Some have reportedly even pitched tents and erected metal fences to reserve their space.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-01 footer_n.gif

So far it is all speculation... It would not surprise me in the least if Suthep gets up on stage and tells everyone they are staying at Lumpini, sure would cause a few folks a bit of 'face loss'... not least of all that stupid little man Surapong.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It'll be nice to have a public park returned to its intended purpose. Hopefully the final, final, final push won't have them re-re-locating back to any parks or main intersections.

I had a look at the area they are in at the moment, last week , I thought I was arriving at the flood sand bag manufacturing plant

I think the airport would be a much better location. Much more effective. clap2.gif

I hope they don't get that retarded and pull that move again.

They caused Thailand to lose billions the last time around.

Maybe they can go occupy Dusit Zoo. Much more appropriate.

So far it is all speculation... It would not surprise me in the least if Suthep gets up on stage and tells everyone they are staying at Lumpini, sure would cause a few folks a bit of 'face loss'... not least of all that stupid little man Surapong.

Shinawatras care only about money and what Surapong spends isn't his money.....we the taxpayer pay for his nonsense.

So the final push. the mother of all victories will be to topple the monument. Give it up you stupid bloody idiot Suthep you were defeated 6 months ago

untrue...hasnt been defeated yet..6 months and nothing from those in power..not bad for 100 old ladies eh..thumbsup.gif

Funny how all the sheeple make fun of Suteb's ''final pushes'. Would you rather he copied the 2010 red shirt's lead and tell his followers to start shooting at random people, cordon off the main shopping district leading to losses of at least 100 million baht per day and start burning down buildings ? He should be praised for keeping it 99% peaceful. Sad to say if Yingluck is impeached we may be seeing the red menace commit de ja vous - I hope not though !!

• Like 2

Funny how all the sheeple make fun of Suteb's ''final pushes'. Would you rather he copied the 2010 red shirt's lead and tell his followers to start shooting at random people, cordon off the main shopping district leading to losses of at least 100 million baht per day and start burning down buildings ? He should be praised for keeping it 99% peaceful. Sad to say if Yingluck is impeached we may be seeing the red menace commit de ja vous - I hope not though !!

Your forgetting A little thing called a coup that escalated things in the first place and Suthep ordering live fire on the people. Most countries would and do have a similar reaction when the military and unelected government seize control.... its called social and public outrage.... . rich people dont need to fight for their rights they can buy them... it is the poor that have to fight

Is it really so hard to grasp if you want to affect change you get elected by policy and appealing to the masses not the few. Taking over airports, manipulating the courts and using the military was very unpopular last time and this time trying to shut down a country damaging its economy and ability to function by blocking elections until he gets what he and a few want by the courts again will not work ...

Elections work it just means you have to make an effort and actually appeal to the masses.... he cannot and does not... that is his problem and that has always been the problem with his old party... sour grapes dosnt cut it.

You go right ahead and praise Suthep if you wish to most he is just a dangerous nutcase who should have gone home a long time ago.

• Like 2