2014 Honda CRV

I just sold my 2007 Honda CRV last week and plan to order the 2014 model, 2.0E 4WD, next week. For anyone who has recently purchased this model, any complaints/recommendations?

A friend used to have a CRV. Is it true they only like to drink the top of the line 95 fuel at 49 baht a litre?

The new model takes E85. The problem is where to find it.

Thanks for all the replies. I now know the type of person that buys a Honda CRV. But I still haven't heard from any recent CRV owners and their complaints/recommendations.

Thanks for all the replies. I now know the type of person that buys a Honda CRV. But I still haven't heard from any recent CRV owners and their complaints/recommendations.

maybe this fact alone might tell you something :)

• 1 year later...

If you haven't already found out, the lousy Dunlop tyres Honda fit are extremely noisy. We bought the 2.4 4wd about 4 months ago and the road noise is bad. My 5 year old Pajero Sport riding on Michelin is far better. But our model does have 18" wheels

I concur... must have been absolutely mint, with the bigger engine option and no prangs at all. Mrs NL got a tad under 400 k baht for her not quite so mint, same-ish age, lower mileage dust cart. What did you pay for new tires before you pitched it? Auction, tent or private sale to a stranger and not a friend or family member?

I concur... must have been absolutely mint, with the bigger engine option and no prangs at all. Mrs NL got a tad under 400 k baht for her not quite so mint, same-ish age, lower mileage dust cart. What did you pay for new tires before you pitched it? Auction, tent or private sale to a stranger and not a friend or family member?

We sold the car in April 2014 and bought it in May 2007, so almost exactly 7 y/o. We paid B25,000 for the tires. I don't recall which one but we found the buyer by advertising on one of the Thai car websites. At the time other 2007 CRV's were selling in this price range, some a bit lower. Overall it was in excellent shape.

We sold the car in April 2014 and bought it in May 2007, so almost exactly 7 y/o. We paid B25,000 for the tires. I don't recall which one but we found the buyer by advertising on one of the Thai car websites. At the time other 2007 CRV's were selling in this price range, some a bit lower. Overall it was in excellent shape.

A very sweet deal then but you sold in April 2014 whereas Mrs NL shifted hers earlier this year. You timed it right since the second-hand market is flush with newer models, mostly repo's, after the 'first-time buyer' fiasco collapsed. We talked to dealers, tents and private buyers and generally nobody was much interested in anything over 5 years old regardless of the service history, mileage or being prang-free. I managed to get the car reshod for 14k baht but forked out about 3k baht on fixing some front-end steering bushings that were rattling.

How do you like the new one btw? We deferred on a replacement while we waited for other options to come on the market. We liked the CR-V but weren't overwhelmed by the new model and Honda didn't seem to have any great dealer incentives in Q1 this year.

Archived