2014 Honda CRV

I concur... must have been absolutely mint, with the bigger engine option and no prangs at all. Mrs NL got a tad under 400 k baht for her not quite so mint, same-ish age, lower mileage dust cart. What did you pay for new tires before you pitched it? Auction, tent or private sale to a stranger and not a friend or family member?

We sold the car in April 2014 and bought it in May 2007, so almost exactly 7 y/o. We paid B25,000 for the tires. I don't recall which one but we found the buyer by advertising on one of the Thai car websites. At the time other 2007 CRV's were selling in this price range, some a bit lower. Overall it was in excellent shape.

A very sweet deal then but you sold in April 2014 whereas Mrs NL shifted hers earlier this year. You timed it right since the second-hand market is flush with newer models, mostly repo's, after the 'first-time buyer' fiasco collapsed. We talked to dealers, tents and private buyers and generally nobody was much interested in anything over 5 years old regardless of the service history, mileage or being prang-free. I managed to get the car reshod for 14k baht but forked out about 3k baht on fixing some front-end steering bushings that were rattling.

How do you like the new one btw? We deferred on a replacement while we waited for other options to come on the market. We liked the CR-V but weren't overwhelmed by the new model and Honda didn't seem to have any great dealer incentives in Q1 this year.

We like the CRV. Great car. My wife drives it most of the time. I have a new Jazz which I also think is a great vehicle.

Actually think the PPV will be better as the roads in Thailand are pretty poor, plenty of potholes. The civic is more a car and better on smoother roads I would have thought. As regards petrol station queues no issues at all, you havent experienced a real queue until you have been to Dubai! Besides, common sense always tell me to fill up at the least busiest times, so never been an issue for me, certainly wouldnt let it dictate my car choice, would any sane person for that matter?

Sorrry I meant the crv not civic, too early for me and not had my coffee yet, cant seem to edit a post from my ipad or mobile so adding the correction here. I will say that we also own a Vigo 3.0l champ manual and I have no issues whatsoever driving it. I actually enjoy driving it to be honest apart from when I have to go down very narrow sois, which can add to the fun with oncoming traffic! Never had an issue filling up either, always only ever had max 1 car in front of me, perhaps I'm just lucky?

Actually think the PPV will be better as the roads in Thailand are pretty poor, plenty of potholes. The civic is more a car and better on smoother roads I would have thought. As regards petrol station queues no issues at all, you havent experienced a real queue until you have been to Dubai! Besides, common sense always tell me to fill up at the least busiest times, so never been an issue for me, certainly wouldnt let it dictate my car choice, would any sane person for that matter?

You obviously haven't had 2 Kids who leave them Empty. The Spivo n Blazer were there choose. Personally I enjoyed the CRV, just felt right.

You obviously haven't had 2 Kids who leave them Empty. The Spivo n Blazer were there choose. Personally I enjoyed the CRV, just felt right.

Nope, and I sincerely hope they dont anytime soon as they are 8 and 3 ;-)

Each to their own I say. Sounds like you need to stop your kids from using your car or edtanlish some ground rules if they are causing you to wait longer at the petrol station, that is the root cause not a petrol-over diesel! ;-)

Enjoy.

Sorrry I meant the crv not civic, too early for me and not had my coffee yet, cant seem to edit a post from my ipad or mobile so adding the correction here. I will say that we also own a Vigo 3.0l champ manual and I have no issues whatsoever driving it. I actually enjoy driving it to be honest apart from when I have to go down very narrow sois, which can add to the fun with oncoming traffic! Never had an issue filling up either, always only ever had max 1 car in front of me, perhaps I'm just lucky?

Ah you are not in a farming area i presume, more easy then. Bit like having a Ford in BKK , down here they don't know Jack Shit about anything non agriculture based.[emoji598].

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 70-year-old and my wife chose a Honda CR-V because we have to travel a few times a year from Nakhon Phanom to Prachuab Khirikhan, which is more than 1,200 kms each way. As the CR-V is not a converted pick-up truck, it is extremely comfortable and easy to drive. The car uses E85 and does about 12.5 - 13 kms per litre on the highway. There are enough petrol stations selling E85, and, in the unlikely event of not finding one, you can also use E20, which is only about 2 baht a litre more. The car is very spacious and the back seats fold down very easily. For an old bloke, loading is made simpler because of the good design of the back door and the fact that the floor is slightly lower than usual. Someone mentioned tyres, and our car has Bridgestones, which seem to be very good. The car wasn't my choice and I wasn't enthusiastic about it at first, but after a year of relaxing driving, I'm very happy with it.

Archived