Visakha Bucha Day May 13th What Is The Alcohol Situation?

WoopyDoo

My friend is coming over from the UK on the 12th May, and we are having the first 3 days in Patts (already booked).

Problem is I have already found out that it is Visakha Bucha Day on the Saturday 13th and I was hoping to take him to Walking Street to the Rock House to get blitzed.... This means an almost certain alcohol ban across the country.

What is the situation there during the draconian dry days?

I live in Korat and normally have little problem finding a bar/restaurant to sell me beer on a dry day and see many Thais drinking outside the mom and pops.

Just wondering if Walking Street is likely to be all but closed or do the police get paid a good whack to look the other way????

Well you wont get him Blitzed in the Rockhouse in Walking St as its in LK Metro not that theres anyone ever in it as I walk by !!

Not only that, but you are not going to get him blitzed at all on Saturday, May 13. There is no such day.

• Like 2

Well you wont get him Blitzed in the Rockhouse in Walking St as its in LK Metro not that theres anyone ever in it as I walk by !!

Not only that, but you are not going to get him blitzed at all on Saturday, May 13. There is no such day.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You obviously haven't seen the Korat calendar........................

If it's really that important, stock up on booze beforehand. Most bars will either be closed or very low key, but you will find some surreptitiously selling booze if you look hard enough. However, it will definitely be a low key night and not one to get blitzed on.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

If your friend is fresh out of UK, he may have female company or ogling high on list on his first night of only 3. Apologies if this is a shocking suggestion !

If so ... I suggest Secrets just off Walking Street. Have a beer in own hotel first if needed. Secrets is always open Budha days ... admittedly not selling alchohol. But eye candy with a cocoa cola better than a beer in a down market bar to some .. especially after a long UK winter devoid of seeing any thing female without 3 layers of clothes.

Walking Street bars otherwise will be shut judging on previous Budha days. Plenty of holidaying people will be wandering about wondering why the bars are shut.

But your maybe one of the lucky ones who can entertain yourselves in the few boozy expat bars open. I need entertainment of some sort.

As someone stated Wonderful 1 and 2 always open Budha days. I know why ... but better not say.