Super Rich, CITI and my travel card - late April 2014

- I wont be traipsing out to Rajadamri again for anything less than 20K AUD - it just doesn't make that much difference for 5K AUD. On the plus side, their 1k baht notes are pristine - not so my Soi 22 guy.

- as others have reported, CITI now charge 180-baht to use their ATMs if you have a non-CITI card, and that fee seems to have become standard across other banks. I'm not going to battle traffic to get 30 baht off the ATM fee - YMMV.

- CITI did not levy any fees - ATM or currency conversion - on my Australian CITI account for my 25K withdrawal from their Asoke ATM

- my CBA Travel Card, whilst undeniably boasting the worst effective interest rate (Visa currency conversion fees), still strikes me as excellent value in terms of a backup card (they give you two cards - even better). Some folk on certain forums in Oz need to understand just how little half a baht actually amounts to on a 20K withdrawal, at least for those not living in a given country longterm. Put 5K AUD on the card and tuck it away - easy.

- cash, as always, remains numero uno in Thailand and merchants have no problems accepting large chunks of same. Happy with the discount I received from an audio dealer in Exchange Tower, less so with increasingly mercenary cab drivers in BKK and Penang.

MrWW

If the was the purpose of your post, then you should have posted it in one of those threads that discussed this "ongoing discussion on TV - how to get the most baht for the least fees. ", not started a new meaningless thread

I just happened to be the one that called you on it

• Like 1