Grenade hung on front gate of former Democrat MP’s home compound

webfact

Grenade hung on front gate of former Democrat MP’s home compound

sakol-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police last night safely detonated a hand grenade hanged at the front gate of a house whose owner is a relative of a former MP of the Democrat party.

EOD chief Pol Col Kamthorn Ouicharoen said the M 79 hand grenade had its safety pin pulled out but wrapped with tape and put in a plastic bag.

The grenade is still live and has a destructive radius of 25 meters if explodes.

But he said the hanging of the live grenade at the gate was to intimidate the house owner. The house located in the same compound of other houses of the Muangsiri family, one of them is owned by Sakol Muangsiri, a former MP for Bang Khunthien constituency of the Democrat party.

Bang Khunthien police superintendent said the police were looking into video footages from CCTV cameras in the areas for clues to the threat.

Capt Somchai Muangsiri told the police that a maid of his house saw a plastic bag hanging at gate and found to be a grenade. He later alerted the police.

He also said that it might intend on his relative who was a former MP of the Democrat party.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/grenade-hanged-fence-gate-former-democrat-mps-home-compound/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-02

More intimidation. Surely the police will come up empty handed with no suspects or leads. How can the world ignore what's going on here? At least try to catch these idiot bombers and killers.

Would it not be a lot easier for the PTP to just ring him, or text him, or email him ? And a lot cheaper. Those grenades would cost a few baht. whistling.gif

Edited by mikemac

I thought M 79 grenades were launcher grenades and not hand thrown ones? Fact check please... An Oh My! Oh deary! How quickly this has been attributed to the Red Shirts! Oh Deary Indeed!!!

Edited by toybits
  • Like 1

some people are quick to jump to the gun RE PTP.

i think there is far more pressure coming internally within the democrat party, there have been lots of rumors of splits forming .

I thought M 79 grenades were launcher grenades and not hand thrown ones? Fact check please... An Oh My! Oh deary! How quickly this has been attributed to the Red Shirts! Oh Deary Indeed!!!

Um! Well it was on the gate of a former Dem MP. What do you think Sherlock?????

• Like 2

Um! Well it was on the gate of a former Dem MP. What do you think Sherlock?????

shes waiting for watson to come home to help with a grown up reply...how long can you hold your breath for......

some people are quick to jump to the gun RE PTP.

i think there is far more pressure coming internally within the democrat party, there have been lots of rumors of splits forming .

No it was the guys mother who did it--she didn't like his after shave. Were you an (ao) administration officer on the MOON previous.??? your comments get more crazy every day.

@ GJ, every troll has his "tag", his way of being different to the rest, like a graffiti artist. You have some who go the nasty, arrogant and condescending way (like fabio) , the long-winded, copy-and-paste bores like FB (ferwert) , and in this guy's case you have the Corporal Klinger type. That reminds me, I must wind up the cuckoo clock.

Cuckoo....cuckoo.....cuckoo....................................................biggrin.png

• Like 2

Oh goody another deliberately failed handgrendate attack.

But he said the hanging of the live grenade at the gate was to intimidate the house owner

No, more likely to influence public opinion at a crucial time when we're heading into elections! PT will win elections, and the democrats are irrelevent to those elections because they always lose them. So here we are, the Democrats trying to delay elections by pretending there will be violence (see Abhisits comments today), and right at the same time, a hand grenade is hung on a democrat MPs gate as proof.

This is the damage these fake hand grenade plots do when they actually do explode, a broken tail light:

1560657_215860551935611_1502244585_n.jpg

I repeat my previous comment:

Abhisit's house gets a hand grenade but only when he's not there and when the 6 cameras don't seem to capture the culprit.
And Issara Somchai (not to be confused with Bo Issara, Issara Somchai is the one accused of torturing the taxi driver with a UDD membership card and throwing his body in the river) also gets his house hand grenaded, but only when he's not there, and it damaged the tail light of one of his expensive cars.

Even Aides to Prem get hand grenaded, with the pin still in, which is handy as he was about to join the Pitik Siam anti-grovernment protests back in 1st August 2013. The bomber is so clever as to know this aide will be protesting, and his home address, yet not clever enough to remove the pin from the hand grenade!

The phrase 'beggers belief' was made for times like this.

[added] oh and let us not forget it's PDRC side with hand grenades and military guards and fake police costumes and special warfare soldiers....

BgwaSsNCYAAYLab.jpg

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Here, we can go back further and connect more dots. We had the Wikileaks from 2008, reveal that 2008 was planned, including the peoples march, and the military protection for that march. (link)

Siddhi spoke vaguely of a type of “people’s power” action, similar to that by opponents of President Marcos in the Philippines, adding that the people engaged in such a movement would need the military “to protect them,” although there was no military solution to the standoff.

How was the military involved? Well hand grenade attacks caused the government to let in the army (!)

(link)The government called on the Royal Thai Army to restore order at the airport.[109] The Army did not follow the orders. In a press conference on 26 November, Army Commander General Anupong Paochinda proposed that the PAD withdraw from the airport and that the government resign. He also proposed that if the PAD did not comply, that they be subject to "social sanctions", whereas if the government did not comply, that the bureaucracy stop implementing government orders. A written copy of the proposal was sent to the government. Neither the PAD or the government complied with the proposal.[110]

[but that was the plan all along, the whole point of their "peoples power" action with military guard was to force the government out! We know this now from the Wikileaks, but at the time it looked like the military was reacting to these grenades from that morning!]

At 4:30 AM on the morning of 26 November, three explosions were heard on the fourth floor of Suvarnbumi on the outside of the passenger terminal.[111] Another explosion was reported at 6 AM.[111] Several people were injured. It was not clear who set off the explosions.[112] The PAD did not allow the police or forensics experts to investigate the explosions.[27]

Does this sound familiar?

Human shields of 300-400 women were assigned to physically surround each PAD leader.[119] Foreign journalists reported that the PAD was paying people to join them at the airport, with extra payment being given to parents bringing babies and children

And this?

Seriously, you need to reexamine all you were told about 2008.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Here, we can go back further and connect more dots. We had the Wikileaks from 2008, reveal that 2008 was planned, including the peoples march, and the military protection for that march. (link)

Siddhi spoke vaguely of a type of “people’s power” action, similar to that by opponents of President Marcos in the Philippines, adding that the people engaged in such a movement would need the military “to protect them,” although there was no military solution to the standoff.

How was the military involved? Well hand grenade attacks caused the government to let in the army (!)

(link)The government called on the Royal Thai Army to restore order at the airport.[109] The Army did not follow the orders. In a press conference on 26 November, Army Commander General Anupong Paochinda proposed that the PAD withdraw from the airport and that the government resign. He also proposed that if the PAD did not comply, that they be subject to "social sanctions", whereas if the government did not comply, that the bureaucracy stop implementing government orders. A written copy of the proposal was sent to the government. Neither the PAD or the government complied with the proposal.[110]

[but that was the plan all along, the whole point of their "peoples power" action with military guard was to force the government out! We know this now from the Wikileaks, but at the time it looked like the military was reacting to these grenades from that morning!]

At 4:30 AM on the morning of 26 November, three explosions were heard on the fourth floor of Suvarnbumi on the outside of the passenger terminal.[111] Another explosion was reported at 6 AM.[111] Several people were injured. It was not clear who set off the explosions.[112] The PAD did not allow the police or forensics experts to investigate the explosions.[27]

Human shields of 300-400 women were assigned to physically surround each PAD leader.[119] Foreign journalists reported that the PAD was paying people to join them at the airport, with extra payment being given to parents bringing babies and children

And this?

Are you sure your name isn't Fryslan Boppe (ferwert) ??? Your posts are getting longer and longer every day.

@ bluey, regarding your post #15.

It is a perfect example of why I hate posts that are crammed full of copied and pasted propaganda. Anyone who has basic computer skills can do do that, it is not going to change history or right wrongs.

There are millions of web pages out there on the internet, anyone who looks hard enough and long enough is bound to find something that suits their cause, but whether it is a true account of what happened back then is another thing.

I clicked on the (link) you provided in the second line of your post and was turned off as soon as I saw the name "Bangkok Pundit". I have better things to do with my time than to read that garbage. Not a bit surprised "BP" prefers to remain anonymous, but I bet he is on the payroll of the Shinawatra propaganda machine, as are half the trolls who haunt this website.

If you want to copy and paste some real juicy titbits go over to Political Prisoners of Thailand. That's where FB (ferwert) gathers a lot of his dribble. clap2.gif

'

And this?

Sorry Blue, we all have bad days, but you post wonders and wobbles and I honestly cannot see any point, except maybe to use the word army. The army's duty is to protect Thailand and its institutions, not just attack hypothetical Thaksin tanks when and if they cross the northern borders.

I do see yet another suggestion of self-exploding protesters. saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

I did try some of your references to see if I could make sense of it and landed here, is this what you refer to?

The PAD would like to thank those who have participated in our movement in creating a new chapter in Thailand’s history. The PAD is asking for the approval from the hundreds of thousands of participants tonight to purge the nominee government of Samak Sundaravej.

Our reasons for doing so are as follows:

1. The Samak administration and the PPP party has continued its action as a nominee of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai party despite a ruling by the Constitution Tribunal, dated May 30, 2007 that the Thai Rak Thai party was a direct threat to Thailand’s constitutional monarchy.

2. The Samak administration has continued several projects suspected of irregularities and continuing the corruption initiated by the Thaksin regime to further its wealth.

I suspect that gets to the root of the problem....