Out-of-control Phuket truck in deadly crash

webfact

Out-of-control Phuket truck in deadly crash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1399020286_1-org.jpg
The pickup truck rammed the six-wheeler from behind and went under it. Amazingly, the driver survived.

PHUKET: -- Two people died just before noon today (May 2) when the silver Honda Jazz they were in was hit by a six-wheel truck, coming in the opposite direction, whose driver lost control after heavy rain.

The accident took place near the curve in front of the Home Mart wood store on Chaofa West Rd.

An elderly woman and a boy in the Jazz died in the impact. They were not immediately identified

The truck also hit a blue Honda Jazz – traveling in the same direction as the silver Jazz – and was then rammed from behind by a pick-up truck carrying bottled water.

When the police arrived, the driver of the six-wheeler, Uthai Pilaput was standing by the truck, which had ended up ramming a tree. The driver of the pick-up was injured and was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital, as were the bodies of the two victims.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/out-of-control-phuket-truck-in-deadly-crash-46063.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-05-02

Let's hope the Governer of Phuket does more than just "urging" after yet another accident at this location.

He did last time, with the speedbumps at this location as a result. And it would not surprise me if those speedbumps contributed to this accident.

But with the main pronlem lack of driver education and poor road planning there really is nothing much he can do.

• Like 1

Let's hope the Governer of Phuket does more than just "urging" after yet another accident at this location.

He did last time, with the speedbumps at this location as a result. And it would not surprise me if those speedbumps contributed to this accident.

But with the main pronlem lack of driver education and poor road planning there really is nothing much he can do.

I thought he said he wanted to put traffic islands there as when I saw the speed bumps I thought they were an interim measure.

I thought he said he wanted to put traffic islands there as when I saw the speed bumps I thought they were an interim measure.

Why?

So the trucks can more easily topple on cars, motorcycles, cycles, pedestrians, soi dogs or whatever is alongside?

................ still there can be EMS stationed 24/7 at each traffic island

Edit [Typo]

Edited by farangbanok