Seek Help Marketing item about Thai Girls

Dear Colleagues,

I am nearing the completion of a substantial work about what Thai girls are really like. Whether I call it a book, an e-book or an article is yet to be decided. The following paragraph forms part of my introduction to what will eventually become about 13,000 or 14,000 (12,000 completed) words or approximately 35 pages of A4.

“This is not an academic study with statistical data; neither is it a series of personal experiences and boring stories of mine or others nor any stories in fact that might usually highlight only one aspect or characteristic of Thai girls or culture or living. No particular girl is cited here. Instead, it is a fairly comprehensive summary of cumulative experience that has helped me form what I believe to be reasonable conclusions and balanced (albeit generalised) judgments about Thai women: their culture, personality traits, philosophy of life, why they behave the way they do and what makes them who they are. What you read here is intended for those with a little knowledge of Thai girls, those with pre-conceived ideas and those who need to start from scratch.”

(removed).

If some of you wish to comment inside this Forum, that’s OK but serious offers of help and possible joining of minds, I would appreciate discussing through exchanges of private Messages.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Chris in Khon Kaen Province

Edited by Boo
removed attempt at solicitation & email address as per rules

My intention is to market and sell it with the help of a Partner

you might want to refer to the attempts of a certain mr trink regarding making money out of a web site on thailand...

your business model of one article = payback financially is flawed. money comes from advertisers, for advertisers you need 'hits', lots of them. if the content doesnt change the hits will dry up as will the advertising income.

I am nearing the completion of a substantial work about what Thai girls are really like.

Appears you are characterising all Thai girls, as you describe them, as having the same traits. Beware of the strict Thai defamation laws and what maybe conceived as discrediting Thai women.

This is a project I would never become involved with and advise others also not to get involved and if they do, they do so at their own risk and discretion.

This is something that should be advertised on craigslist or on facebook, not here on a Thai open forum.

Also it would wise to make inquiries with the Thai authorities, regarding work permits and consent to publish this project in the public domain.

Good luck to all who sail in her.

It's been done before by many. Arguably the best is a book called Thailand Fever, also available on line.

Another one is a website and ebook by Bill Williams which deals with the specific sub-species, Thai Bar Girls. Can't quote his site, but google the name and Thai Girls and you'll find it.

Anyway, women are totally unfathomable regardless of race or nationality. I'm happier accepting this, as trying to figure them out will drive anybody to drink and an early grave. If you absolutely MUST have an answer, then assume the answer is 42, and get on with hitchhiking. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz

What men know about women could be written in a paragraph, what men understand about women on a postage stamp.

So what the hell 12000 words is about, must be alot of guesswork and fantasy.

But, good luck with it anyway.

I have edited out the op's email address as well as the section about looking for partners.

Thaivisa is not the place to solicit business or financial sponsorship.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Thai people, including but not limited to those of the female variety come in many shape, form and sizes (characters, habbits, intentions, ...). What a girl wants? Just like any other person: a good life.

How? There is an unlimited amount of answers to that. Never found books, magazines etc. on "(wo)man" or relationships of much or any use. Use your brain, follow your heart, be open but don't let people walk all over you. Simply be be respectful, treat others as you would want to be treated, apply that same logic the other way aroud, enjoy, smile, seek happyness.

First, I'm not commenting on the content.

If you can find a reputable publisher for such a book, go for it, but there are quite a few on the market already and I suspect unless you have a lot of independent opinions saying that the content is absolutely groundbreaking (friends & family are not independent) it will be difficult to go that route, but give it a shot if it is in that league. Otherwise, I'd consider self publishing it on Amazon and doing your own guerrilla advertising. Then you can control the pricing and adjust things on the fly based on demand. Good luck.

Guys, if you want to know what's inside the book, read the OP's posting about Thai women:

When another poster is whining about his wife, he writes:

"And there is me thinking I am the only one!! Your account couldn't be more same same, as mine."

Or "With a Thai girl and farang this has the effect of you sharing your assets with her and she passing on her liabilities to you."

Or "Thai women have enough problems with farangs without having the nonsense of Christianity to cope with as well.

Or "You are falling in love with her and she is falling in love with her economic future

Or "Some Thai women are exceptionally skilled at nurturing a relationship that will get them what they want…

Or "As a general rule, Thai women will take any farang!"

Any more questions about the content of the book?

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1