Italian man found hanged in Patong

Lite Beer

I don't think this just refers to foreign nationals, either, that whole rice pledging scheme caused like 10 people to kill themselves. Could it be that the vibe here for everyone is when something insurmountable happens, this place will somehow suck the strength out of you, and you just kill yourself.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm trying to feel some compassion, but it get pretty monotonous since that makes like what five suicides since the beginning of March? It's the same, for what ever reason, people foreign to Thailand, choose to come here and kill themselves,....a lot, am I wrong or what?

That's just it we will never know but is sad for the family's back home to find out this news god rest his soul

Dude I'm just happy that in all that I've been through to,...NOT BE THAT GUY THAT KILLS HIMSELF...the last thing on my mind wouldn't be " Palm trees, hookers, and ending my life. I don't hate people that kill themselves, I just want to know why Thailand. Think about it if you have mental issues, GO TO A DOCTOR.

You need to study up on mental illness. Its not like treating a broken bone or the flu. Its a very complex issue and its not as simple as just taking some pills and you're fixed. Its far more complex than that. The symptoms are sometimes hard to recognize and, statistically, you very likely have a family member or friend suffering right now. Your attitude is not helpful to them.

• Like 1

Always the same posts about someones misfortune:

1--Try to be first with a joke.

2--when not first, just repeat it as ones own.

3--The doubter/conspiricist "something strange here".

4--the Thai cynic/complainer--Why the hospital?

5--lastly, the guys who still have humanity and understanding--RIP to a fellow farang who had a tough go of it.

RIP Roberto. Peace.

Sorry but I hate the rest in peace mob!

Never meet the bloke but all the fake sympathy

and normally some bloke thats toped himself

last week I saw a dead child by the side of the road, now he deserves our thoughts!

• Like 2

I know this,...killing yourself is not a good thing for everybody. And I think if you habitually think there's no way of feeling better, no hope at all, and get stuck thinking stuck then ultimately it's going to effect your rationality. That being said hope this helps someone,...but this is probably going to go on at this rate ( about 4 / month for foreigners ) until who knows. Hope that you found what your looking for RIP Italian guy.

Seriously folks.....

My gal has been reading Thai Visa as well. She is at her wits end....as I show her all these morbid suicide stories. This one is evidently accurate, as he bought and carried the rope.

Only can guess, lost everything, and gave up hope.

Can never buy happiness.

They send to hospital so they can get some baht too greedy <removed>. RIP Roberto.

Yes blame the Thais

I am lead to believe all corpses are sent to the hospital,

but if you hate Thais..........................

Two months ago I attended a funeral for a Farang teacher in northern Thailand

The School,local authorities and businesses paid for it, even though he had only worked

there for a very short period.

there were more than 30 reefs and 200 teachers and school children attended.

the service was amazing.

but yes call them greedy b-stards

Interesting that you find those 230 funeral attendees sincere yet you consider anyone who suggests a RIP to this Italian fellow as being insincere.

Are you just too simple minded to understand the motivation is the same?

• Like 1

......and 6, people like me that have had friends die young that didn't have the luxury of a choice and don't particularly feel sympathetic to those that did and chose unwisely.

Karen,

I think most of us have lost young people close to us...you are not special...you are definitely not so special that you can pass judgement on anothers suffering being up to your standards or not. This Italian guy must have been in a very tough spot to make the choice he did. As is the case in many suicides, he could have been suffering from a mental illness or who knows? So, #6 is actually just a subcategory of #1-4.

You think I'm making a joke? If you think so, you're sick.

Karen, you obviously misunderstood what I wrote. You simply fall into the category of "without compassion for a fellow human in suffering". Thats completely your choice. Misfortune and pain hits all of us at some point...I hope when it hits you that you don't find yourself surrounded by others with your attitude.

You need to adjust your halo, it's crooked.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

Yes blame the Thais

The School,local authorities and businesses paid for it, even though he had only worked

the service was amazing.

Interesting that you find those 230 funeral attendees sincere yet you consider anyone who suggests a RIP to this Italian fellow as being insincere.

There were 200 (simple enough) attendees,and I am far from simple minded.

These people had known this man for a short while and made the effort of attending his service.

The RIP mob know nothing of the people they are Typing RIP to,

• Like 2

They send to hospital so they can get some baht too greedy b-stards. RIP Roberto.

Yes blame the Thais

the service was amazing.

There were 200 (simple enough) attendees,and I am far from simple minded.

These people had known this man for a short while and made the effort of attending his service.

The RIP mob know nothing of the people they are Typing RIP to,

Oh, so those 200 students and teachers all had a personal relationship to the deceased teacher in his short time at the school. I see. I had thought that perhaps they were mostly strangers who were sympathetic to a member of their "extended" community and wished to express their sympathy.

Well, reading through several of the RIP posts here, it appears many of the posters here feel a connection to this deceased Italian, who was also a member of their "extended" community. Perhaps they have experienced the loss of a friend or relative (or teacher or co-worker) to suicide or have seen the devastation that mental illness can have on a person. I don't know, I don't pretend to know, I just accept that they feel enough compassion to leave a few kind words instead of the the numerous callous posters whose only mention is ridicule.

I genuinely hope you are not a teacher. Empathy is a very important human trait and a crucial element to society. I can't see anything in your posts that suggests you have anything to contribute to a young mind.

• Like 2

RIP Roberto. Who knows what drives people to suicide. Love gone badly, no money left, too much booze.

my pal killed himself being physically sick which of course affected his mental health/mood.

another friend killed himself out of guilt. there are plenty of reasons why people end their lives.

fact is, i find it very comfortable that we can decide to leave when we're fed up, for whatever reason.

peace.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Always the same posts about someones misfortune:

1--Try to be first with a joke.
2--when not first, just repeat it as ones own.
3--The doubter/conspiricist "something strange here".
4--the Thai cynic/complainer--Why the hospital?
5--lastly, the guys who still have humanity and understanding--RIP to a fellow farang who had a tough go of it.

RIP Roberto. Peace.

Thats how people deal with death "tell a stiffy joke"," slag off the authorities " etc etc thats the same anywhere not just in Thailand

Really?

I didn't want to bring this up. I have known two people that committed suicide. Both of them did it out of spite.

One went even so far as to hang himself over the front door of his ex-wife when she was out.

His children saw the body when his wife brought them home from school.

In this case, I don't believe it was clinical depression. He had no money, probably woman problems, didn't want to go home so took his life.

I really don't need lessons in faux compassion from a bunch of anonymous Thaivisa saints. Don't like my attitude? Tough!.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to know how many foreigners fall on hard times in Thailand, leading to depression, due to their relationship/s with Thai women.

I am not saying this was the case for this individual, but I do know a couple of guys that were fleeced and went through a tough time.

Why are rescue workers allowed to take photos, as the man in the OP photo is apparently doing? Will he be selling it to the newspaper? Best Gore?

Photos should only be taken by police staff or the medical examiner/ coroner.

To end up in a Thai rag for Somchai to ooh and aw over would really be horrid.

• Like 1

Why are rescue workers allowed to take photos, as the man in the OP photo is apparently doing? Will he be selling it to the newspaper? Best Gore?

Photos should only be taken by police staff or the medical examiner/ coroner.

To end up in a Thai rag for Somchai to ooh and aw over would really be horrid.

Some of them put the photos on their Facebook page. Very poor form.

You need to adjust your halo, it's crooked.

You've misplaced your compassion somewhere.
A fellow human being's death is no place for glib and superior remarks.

I'll reserve my compassion for the people who had their lives ripped away against their will.

Not for those that squandered something precious.

so, what you are saying is that you have no compassion for someone who is suffering whatever it is that makes them feel that they are at the end and decide to end there life. perhaps in your silence I hope you find the space to understand greater than what you conceive as your suffering and can learn to extend the compassion in your heart to all who suffer.

• Like 1