Problems with Phuket - Ranong Visa ...

I called a Phuket visa run company to book a bus journey from Phuket-Ranong-Phuket.

I wanted to get a 4 week "entry by land" stamp. I was told by the company that if I had three stamps from Ranong immigration already, I would not be given another 4 week stamp.

Has anybody else heard about this?

It is the first I have heard about it for Ranong.

But certainly not the first for immigration putting a limit on the number of back to back border crossing entries you can do to get another visa exempt entry.

It means you need to go out for a tourist visa or another type of visa or extension of stay if you can qualify for it.

whistling.gif Never heard of that either.

Clearly however, they suspect you of working in Thailand illegally.

They may not say that directly to you, but that is why they are not allowing you another visa exempt entry.

Thais do not like direct confrontation, to say that directly to you (that you may be working illegally) is causing them and you to "lose face" with a direct confrontation.

Get yourself a tourist visa and I will bet you can get in on that.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

May I ask why you feel it necessary to run to the border every month for another 30 days ?

Why not just obtain a valid visa which would allow a longer stay ---- up to 90 days without having to "run" ?

May I ask why you feel it necessary to run to the border every month for another 30 days ?

Why not just obtain a valid visa which would allow a longer stay ---- up to 90 days without having to "run" ?

I do this too. triple TR visa. after that several ranong runs. nothing wrong with it. and actually something i enjoy doing for several reasons. ok na khrap?