Pinit, the humble MP, succumbs to cancer

Lite Beer

Pinit, the humble MP, succumbs to cancer
The Sunday Nation

30232843-01_big.jpg

Pinit

Pinit Chansomboon, who had been a Kanchanaburi MP for four times, died of gastric cancer yesterday at hospital in his province. He was 59.

Pinit's wife Nipa, 57, said former Pheu Thai party-list candidate had been receiving treatment at Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok for about two months before being brought back home.

His condition deteriorated and he was admitted to Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital in Kanchanaburi's Muang district on April 26, before succumbing to the disease at 3am yesterday.

Pinit entered politics under the banner of the Palang Dharma Party founded in 1988 by Chamlong Srimuang, who is associated with the Santi Asoke sect of Buddhism.

The politician, known for his humble way of life, later joined Thai Rak Thai and then Pheu Thai Party. He was known to always take a bus from Kanchanaburi to attend House meetings in Bangkok, and often opted for public transport while in the capital.

Pinit also served as a secretary to the transport minister, was secretary to the House Speaker twice and was a government whip. Apart from his wife, the politician is survived by two sons and a daughter.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-04

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice bloke.

How could he not have done anything in a those years to solve the buses if he so determinedly used them.

Was he born blind also?

What a crass post. I hope you feel embarrassed for writing the last (two) line(s).

The poor man died a slow and horrible death. Believe me, I know. My wife died of the same. I sympathise with his family.

As I said he sounded like a nice bloke.

Now, in light of the rather fawning tribute to him up top, do you really, genuinely believe he was truly a man of the people sacrificing himself by taking public transport.

Oh please.

• Like 1

You're putting words into peoples' mouths - I suggest you show a little more maturity and intelligence. It was not suggested that he was a man of the people in the article, just a humble man. Comprendez? As for the fawning article, do you know anything to suggest he was not worthy of some kind reference upon his death? That he chose the crappiest party in Thai history to represent doesn't necessarily mean he was corrupt like so many of them.

• Like 2

Condolences to his family. He sounds like a Thai who had character, honesty and sensibility as well as public service spirit and trust. He may have mad a good leader. Too bad Thailand is stuck with the likes of Suthep, Abhisit, and Thaksin.

You're putting words into peoples' mouths - I suggest you show a little more maturity and intelligence. It was not suggested that he was a man of the people in the article, just a humble man. Comprendez? As for the fawning article, do you know anything to suggest he was not worthy of some kind reference upon his death? That he chose the crappiest party in Thai history to represent doesn't necessarily mean he was corrupt like so many of them.

So what was this 4 term MP doing while he was commuting by bus between bangkok and kanchan?

I was just pointing out the rather incongruous position that he apparently humbly used the bus, but apparently did absolutely nothing to improve their quality or safety during his 20 years in parliament.

• Like 2

Cancer is not nice, I had relatives who died of it and my grandfather in agony as the drugs available then were not strong enough BUT Thai At Heart makes a point, albeit heavy handed, that's worthy of consideration.

Many years ago I came across a quote in a novel I think it was Len Deighton's ' Horse Under Water " which said something like " let's remember if we can the vertical man as we seldom recognise none but the horizontal one ".

This poor man is dead so nice things are said irrespective. I never heard of him before this but note he was a PTP whip which means he was picked to enforce party discipline, party line voting etc.so humble maybe and perhaps selectively. He wouldn't have been a politician otherwise.

Has anyone ever noticed the rates of cancer of the digestive system (stomach/small intestine/large intestine/bowel) seem to be through the roof here?

It could be to do with the fermented fish (bplaa not sure about spelling) that is use din making somtum.

Has anyone ever noticed the rates of cancer of the digestive system (stomach/small intestine/large intestine/bowel) seem to be through the roof here?

It could be to do with the fermented fish (bplaa not sure about spelling) that is use din making somtum.

I think you may mean Pla Ra which stinks to the high heavens but fish sauce has always been regarded as a possible source of cancer.

More than happy to be corrected.

That is liver cancer. Those rates are also amazingly high in certain areas (Khon Kaen/Sakon Nakhon/Kalasin/etc.) where the fermented fish carries the liver fluke and the fermented fish is unpasteurised.

However this was gastric cancer. Simply anecdotally I have noticed these rates to be very high.

How could he not have done anything in a those years to solve the buses if he so determinedly used them.

Was he born blind also?

What a crass post. I hope you feel embarrassed for writing the last (two) line(s).

The poor man died a slow and horrible death. Believe me, I know. My wife died of the same. I sympathise with his family.

Now, in light of the rather fawning tribute to him up top, do you really, genuinely believe he was truly a man of the people sacrificing himself by taking public transport.

Oh please.

There was no fawning in that tribute to him and the only person to use the term "man of the people" was you.

Do you know for sure that (even though he wasn't the Minister of Transport) he didn't make any contribution to the transport system? I doubt it.

• Like 1

So what was this 4 term MP doing while he was commuting by bus between bangkok and kanchan?

I was just pointing out the rather incongruous position that he apparently humbly used the bus, but apparently did absolutely nothing to improve their quality or safety during his 20 years in parliament.

As you're just repeating youself so will I, how do you know he did "absolutely nothing", I think the answer is you don't.

Wonder how long it took Roger Amsterdam to write up this "man of the people" epitaph?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Wonder how long it took you to come up with the "man of the people" tag that the short obituary didn't mention. Sorry, just worked it out, you didn't, you just copied another persons daft post.

Was he born blind also?

Thai at no heart, re name yourself, no matter what his political beliefs were, all we can say is it is a said day for his friends and family.

• Like 2

Khon Khen teaching hospital will tell you the main problems being, very many hot chilli peppers-as Thais will cry eating the food with them in and say arroy.

This fermented fish paste that here in my part of Issan is spoken PALAR. another killer.

Biggest cause alongside is local thai whisky-liver cancer,

The food and drink seems to be the problem, but the younger generation that are eating more western food are NOT getting the cancers--but are far too OVERWEGHT other problems come with this compulsive eating disorder.

Was he born blind also?

Oh please.

It never ceases to amaze me that it is acceptable and encouraged to heap vast amounts of baloney praise on the recently departed, but don't ever say one ill word regardless of how true it is. How fickle people really are. Being a real person and calling a spade a bloody spade and not a shovel is the right approach.

Wonder how long it took Roger Amsterdam to write up this "man of the people" epitaph?

Who is Roger Amsterdam? Any relation to Morrie Amsterdam? I think there is a sandwich named after him at the famous NYC Carnegie Deli.

The Nation is not a supporter of the PTP and it does not run complimentary articles.

Why so mean? The deceased had a clean record and was never named in any political scandals nor accused of wrong doing.

There are no 'humble' MP's in Thai rak Thai or PTP, if they were humble Thaksin would not have selected them. Each one sat in front of Thaksin and gave their resignation letters to him so they could be presented should they fail to meet Thaksin's expectations. All the faux RIP's are a bit too much. He had 20 years to do something for his voters, and he really never did and I bet you anything you like his family have a large house and a Mercedes, not something that can be afforded on an MP's salary.

It's a journey we all make, some people try to make a difference, this guy despite his position never did. Next........

• Like 1

Who is Roger Amsterdam? Any relation to Morrie Amsterdam? I think there is a sandwich named after him at the famous NYC Carnegie Deli.

The Nation is not a supporter of the PTP and it does not run complimentary articles.

Why so mean? The deceased had a clean record and was never named in any political scandals nor accused of wrong doing.

Oh! I am sure somebody in PT will use him as a scapegoat as he can't answer the allegations. Maybe blame him for the rice fiasco.

• Like 1

Guilt by association, same as you.

...............The politician, known for his humble way of life, later joined Thai Rak Thai and then Pheu Thai Party..................

A humble man in not so humble parties?

Guilt by association, same as you.

Your comment would be funny if it did not betray some seriously screwed up reasoning.

Let's apply your reasoning shall we?

There are many sexpats and other nefarious foreigners in Thailand. You most likely have rubbed shoulders with them down at the local beer bar or perhaps on a visa run. In the immortal words of the great French writer Emile Zola in his open letter, J'accuse........ You are guilty by association. Same as you. I denounce you for your presumed activities.