Public roadway.

papa al

Sometimes when I go to park my bike I find that a shop owner has appropriated the street frontage before his shop for customers only.

My impression was that the soi is public property.

Whats up with that?

I raised this same topic a few weeks ago, basically ignore the shopkeeper at your own risk.

I know a guy that repeatedly parks his car where he should not. He does not understand why he get sooo many flat tyres that all seem to suffer from a sliced sidewall.

Public road is public road.

Sometimes you'll see stools "parked" in front of shops to reserve a parking-spot for the owner; this is not allowed (officially).

OK, ignoring the stools and owners complaints is at your own risk.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Public road is public road.

Sometimes you'll see stools "parked" in front of shops to reserve a parking-spot for the owner; this is not allowed (officially).

OK, ignoring the stools and owners complaints is at your own risk.

There doesn't even have to stools on the road, some shopkeepers really believe that the road at the front of their shop is reserved for their customers, but arguing the point is futile and liable to result in damage to yourself or your property.

Try parking in front of the beach chair renters on Jomtien beach road, they get really pissed if you park, and dont rent a chair from them. Seems that way, anywhere you go. Very short shortsightedness, since if they run you off, you will never come back to their shop. I really think that in front of shops, the places are saved for their own cars, not even potential customers.

I parked opposite the beach on beach road pattaya and a chair renter came running across and told me to move closer to the car infront so there was more room behind. I ignored him as i was in my parking space and wanted room to get out, walking down the beach i turned around to look at my pickup and he was trying to push it forward ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It may not simply be the parking it might be the blocking of a view of the business from the street.

We always put saw horses outside our office around 4pm so that the trucks have secured parking when they return at 5-ish.

One or two neighbours across the street also have saw horses.