Body found in Phuket petrol toilet thought to be overdose

Lite Beer

Body found in Phuket petrol toilet thought to be overdose
Eakkapop Thongtub

1399176840_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Police believe the corpse of a Thai male found late last night in a Phuket petrol pump toilet stall was most likely the result of a drug overdose.

The body was discovered just after midnight (early hours of May 5) inside one of the men's lavatories of the PTT petrol station in Koh Kaew, just north of the Sakoo traffic junction (Toyota Pearl showroom), by 56-year-old facility watchman, Mr Mueang Win, a Myanmar national, who alerted police.

Muang Police and local rescue volunteers arrived tot the scene to find the corpse of a male, wearing a black shirt and gray pants, lying on his back inside the open stall.

Next to the body was two syringe needles.

On the man, they found a wallet with some money and the identification card of a Mr Chakrin Phara, 37, of Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

The man's face was "blackened" and it was estimated that he had been dead for about five hours at that point.

The watchman told police that since starting his shift earlier that night, there was a black and red Suzuki motorcycle that had been parked in front of the restrooms all night.

Mr Mueang said he was suspicious and proceded to inspect the area around and inside the restrooms, when he noticed that one of the four men's stalls had been locked but there was no answer upon knocking.

Mr Mueang proceeded to force the door open, and that's when he discovered the corpse and called police.

The body was transferred to Wachira Hospital for autopsy. Police believe the man had likely gone in the stalls to “shoot up drugs” but are awaiting the results of the autopsy before making any final conclusions.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/body-found-in-phuket-petrol-toilet-thought-to-be-overdose-46091.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-05-04

What was he injecting? TV's drug users may like a heads-up or they too may be found dead in a petrol station toilet after inadvertently injecting themselves with rat poison which their dealer had insisted was high-grade heroin. These stories only ever contain a fraction of the important information.neus.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptR4K2not3.gif

What was he injecting? TV's drug users may like a heads-up or they too may be found dead in a petrol station toilet after inadvertently injecting themselves with rat poison which their dealer had insisted was high-grade heroin. These stories only ever contain a fraction of the important information.neus.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptR4K2not3.gif

Sounds simple enough to me... Guy goes into the toilet shoots up whatever... be it herion, crack, meth, rat poison... whatever.

He dies. A hazard of shooting up.

Addiction and overdosing is a tragic thing. Not wanting to be callous, but the only reason this story is in the paper is that the guy died in a public toilet. Maybe that is an indictment on our society, but that is the truth.

I do not think there is any important information to be gleaned from this story other than; do not shoot up drugs - for your own wellbeing.

• Like 1

Ever wonder...why so many Thais...escape to alcohol and drugs...is daily living in Thai culture...so hard to deal with...or does the easy access to drugs and cheap alcohol have anything to do with it...? Is it escapism...or opting out of society...?

Ever wonder...why so many Thais...escape to alcohol and drugs...is daily living in Thai culture...so hard to deal with...or does the easy access to drugs and cheap alcohol have anything to do with it...? Is it escapism...or opting out of society...?

No..

This happens in all societies, with no boundaries of socio economic class or culture in all countries around the world.

Could be anything, and won't stop till it becomes a health problem rather than a legal one.

Please Google other countries' drug problems and you'll be amazed.

Wouldn't be the first junkie to O/D in a toilet.

And neither the last one.

Folks who 'shoot up' have a clear understanding of exactly how much to use for the 'high' they seek.

Some yeas ago, there was a medical report that stated most NYC overdoses were due to drugs being cut improperly - typically with quinine. Test results were showing an overdose of quinine as the cause of death.

Another common cause was uncut drugs - the user was accidentally double dosing.

I think the fact that a person is prepared to stick a needle in his arm, and not be sure of the purity or strength of what he's injecting, shows a serious lack of intellect.

I'd also take issue with the poster who contends that, "This happens in all societies, with no boundaries of socio economic class or culture in all countries around the world.".

I don't believe for a second that the number of addicts, and therefore deaths, or even the number of addicts/users, is nearly as high in higher socio/economic/intellectual groups as those in the lower strata, and I'd even go as far to say that wouldn't even be close on percentages, rather than totals.

I have no statistics to back up my claim, but one could perhaps use other crime rates as a guide? Crime rates in the lower socio/economic/intellectual groups is many times that in the higher s/e/i groups.

I think the fact that a person is prepared to stick a needle in his arm, and not be sure of the purity or strength of what he's injecting, shows a serious lack of intellect.

I'd also take issue with the poster who contends that, "This happens in all societies, with no boundaries of socio economic class or culture in all countries around the world.".

I don't believe for a second that the number of addicts, and therefore deaths, or even the number of addicts/users, is nearly as high in higher socio/economic/intellectual groups as those in the lower strata, and I'd even go as far to say that wouldn't even be close on percentages, rather than totals.

I have no statistics to back up my claim, but one could perhaps use other crime rates as a guide? Crime rates in the lower socio/economic/intellectual groups is many times that in the higher s/e/i groups.

I will take issue with you on your comprehension of what I said. Did I say anything about "nearly as high in higher socio/economic/intellectual groups as those in the lower strata" ?

Such aggression aussiebrain!!

Obviously I read more into it than you intended, and for that I truly apologize, most humbly apologize, and I will be more diligent in my reading of detail in future.

Lest I be savaged further, I will take this opportunity to correct my earlier post in which I said,

"Crime rates in the lower socio/economic/intellectual groups is many times that in the higher s/e/i groups.".

It should, of course, have been, "Crime rates in the lower socio/economic/intellectual groups are many times that in the higher s/e/i groups.".

Edited by F4UCorsair