Just back from my 3rd visit to thailand

Rik325i

The prayer room is in my girlfriends sisters house, she lives with, her husband, daughter and husbands mother and father, the husbands father has collected many buddha statues over the years and has some really old ones, the small shrine they had was just too small to accommodate all of them so we designed one using various ideas from google images which I then built for them, dont have any pics of the prayer room yet though as my camera was destroyed in the crash

Glad you enjoyed your visit. I made trips over a four year period before deciding to settle here and it really is the best way to go about things. Take your time and find out all the pitfalls as well as the nice bits. Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice somtamnication, Ive been warned before that that could happen, the things I build for the family are done in the familys garage, well away from prying eyes and the sisters husband is a fairly high ranking policeman while the sister is assistant manageress of a government bank, theyre helping to keep me right in these matters as well as helping me lay the groundwork towards starting my own business there

Well, my Scottish friend. Glad all went ok. But not trying to change your rose tinted glasses, but be aware that you could be deported and charged with working without a permit simply by doing garden work, even more so, doing construction work. bah.gif

Just a kind word of advice. smile.png

I always thought that as long as you worked inside the perimiter of your own garden you could do as you liked ,only a problem when you go outside the garden into the road ,

• Like 1

Well, my Scottish friend. Glad all went ok. But not trying to change your rose tinted glasses, but be aware that you could be deported and charged with working without a permit simply by doing garden work, even more so, doing construction work. bah.gif

Just a kind word of advice. smile.png

I always thought that as long as you worked inside the perimiter of your own garden you could do as you liked ,only a problem when you go outside the garden into the road ,
here we go again....are you ready for it?

Thanks for the advice somtamnication, Ive been warned before that that could happen, the things I build for the family are done in the familys garage, well away from prying eyes and the sisters husband is a fairly high ranking policeman while the sister is assistant manageress of a government bank, theyre helping to keep me right in these matters as well as helping me lay the groundwork towards starting my own business there

keeping you right i bet they are,mate you really have no idea,try to meet an nice scottish lass,it will probably end no good ,but at least you will be at home,i don't want to sound cynical,but you have not told us your age,your girlfriends status,[ie,where you met],where she lives,or much else if you want help and advice the members on tv will give it to you but you really have to give us a bit more to go on,if you want advice.

He'll be watching the rugby at Scotstoun. First Cup Semi-Final since 2009, and a dramatic 17 - 10 defeat to Fiji in the 3rd - 4th play-off.

Personally, I tink it's great that he's so optimistic - we all need something to look forward to, and there's no point in being bitterly cynical to the point of excluding enjoyment and happiness from your life. If we went through life thinking "what's the worst that could happen?" we wouldn't even stay in bed in the mornings.

SC

• Like 1

keeping you right i bet they are,mate you really have no idea,try to meet an nice scottish lass,it will probably end no good ,but at least you will be at home,i don't want to sound cynical,but you have not told us your age,your girlfriends status,[ie,where you met],where she lives,or much else if you want help and advice the members on tv will give it to you but you really have to give us a bit more to go on,if you want advice.

I didn't see the OP asking for any advice.

I did see your jibes about the prayer room that you seem unaware of degenerate into the atypical and pathetic "who's her brother?" baiting.

I think you can change hands now, your wrist must be getting sore waiting for the OP's responses.

I was not baiting the op,where i come from it is called banter,a bit of harmless fun making,but i guess that would not be your style,having a bit of fun i mean.

• Like 1

Jesus! Who owned the car? How the hell did it get the huge dent in the roof? Did it roll?

Was it insured?

Anyway glad you enjoyed your trip, just don't let it all cloud your judgement.

Take it slowly.

Remember, a lot of Thai's think ALL falang are rich....whether you think you are our not!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv

Rik, I think I remember a thread of a guy asking where to get tools to help build a shop or something along those lines. About a year ago now.

Was that you?

I didn't see the OP asking for any advice.

I did see your jibes about the prayer room that you seem unaware of degenerate into the atypical and pathetic "who's her brother?" baiting.

I think you can change hands now, your wrist must be getting sore waiting for the OP's responses.

I was not baiting the op,where i come from it is called banter,a bit of harmless fun making,but i guess that would not be your style,having a bit of fun i mean.

Mate, couldn't you tell that it was just a bit of banter, some harmless fun I was having with you?

• Like 2

It was the girlfriends car and it was only class 3 insured but there was no other vehicle involved, yeh it finally stopped rolling on its roof !

krisb, that was me asking about tools on another thread over a year ago to build the girlfriends cafe bar, glad to say shes making a nice little profit with it as well as her small restaurant now

well there's a fine selection of family vocations but don't rely on that to smooth the way any time in the future everything here has a price tag

Mate,could i ask you where did you build this prayer room as i have yet to see a thai house with such,or was it at the Wat[temple].

Very common for a normal Thai house to have a prayer room.

• Like 2