Sarasas primary / high school Hang Dong

scorecard

Can any CM members please share some specific comments, from experience, on this school. Excellent, good, bad, acceptable, whatever.

I know there are many other options, just interested in some sharing for a friend, just specific to this school.

Appreciate anything specific you can share from actual experience.

Thanks.

We know someone who sent his daughter there for a year. His opinion was that it was trying to sell itself as an international school but that in reality the standards were lower. This was partly due to the fact that lots of the students had virtually no command of English at all. In effect, it was trying to appeal to Thai parents that their chilldren could get the benefits of an international school but at a far lower price.

• Like 1

Sarasat schools are all over Thailand,they are private schools.

The english program is poor at best , my kids go to Sarasat in nontaburi.

They are a business first not education. But I teach my kids many things Thai kids in there class would never

See or experience , my kids know the world does not revolve around Thailand .

Here in Thailand I believe education has to start at home

• Like 1

It's fine for a middle income Thai family, not so much for a native English speaking child. The western teachers there have nothing more than a CELTA and whatever random 4 year degree. The only schools with foreign teachers with proper teaching degrees (other than many Filipinos) are:

APIS

CMIS

Prem

Panyaden

Grace

Lanna

CM German

NIS

maybe CM Christian

I might be forgetting one or two.

That new one they're buildin Rangsit or whatever is another Chain like Sarasas

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 years later...
On 5/4/2014 at 9:29 PM, BillyBobThai said:

Ask me again next year as we have just put the son in there. Will start at the end of the month I am told.

3 years later - what's the story?

I'm in Bangna - just looking at a Sarasas here, they started an 'international program'. 

The way I see it is this - for a CHEAP international (Thai-Chinese, Thai-Singapore) touted as 'non-profit' - you're looking at a 350,000 fee for Grade 1.

Sarasas offers the 'bilingual' with third grade English-Thai mirrored classes at 35,000 and now an 'international program' with 80% English teaching, and the other classes in Thai (Thai language and Thai social studies) not mirrored.... so I'm interested in the 'International' as we can actually afford the 54,000 fee.

What we could do with is some honest John that actually works in their new 'International' program who can tell us really what's going on.

Just remember the alternatives - outside International schools it seems there aren't any good options that won't break the bank.