SK Currency exchange

sunoco27

This coming week or next I need to get 35,000 Thai baht exchanged to US Dollar.

Can I go there any day without notice? Is there any problem with them having enough US Dollar on hand?

Any days of the week or time of day better than others?

What are there business hours?

Thank You

Edited by metisdead
Overly large bold font reset to normal.

opened 8.30 am...to 6pm..closed sunday..t/n 053..818118/9.. best rates in town by the proverbial mile..35.000baht to dollars ..be a breezesmile.png

Current exchange rates from Bloomberg are 32.40 baht to the dollar, if you pay 35 baht for each dollar you are paying 8% above this. Is this really the best baht to dollar exchange available?

opened 8.30 am...to 6pm..closed sunday..t/n 053..818118/9.. best rates in town by the proverbial mile..35.000baht to dollars ..be a breezesmile.png

Current exchange rates from Bloomberg are 32.40 baht to the dollar, if you pay 35 baht for each dollar you are paying 8% above this. Is this really the best baht to dollar exchange available?

he meant the OP can change 35,000 baht into dollars. Mistyped a period instead of a comma.

the opening post requires 35.000 baht to be exchanged,my post says the samebiggrin.png heybruce they are not exchange rates smile.pnglaugh.png

been there several times to buy currency and have always been served immediately in the currency required,no booking was needed (so to speak)but mind you, they have been in small amounts,as the opening posts are, if this is a concern please give them a ring.before rolling up,and dont forget your passportsmile.png

the opening post requires 35.000 baht to be exchanged,my post says the samebiggrin.png heybruce they are not exchange rates smile.pnglaugh.png

been there several times to buy currency and have always been served immediately in the currency required,no booking was needed (so to speak)but mind you, they have been in small amounts,as the opening posts are, if this is a concern please give them a ring.before rolling up,and dont forget your passportsmile.png

He did it again.

He did it again.

so what????sad.png get a life

The chances that any single bank branch or currency exchange in Chiang Mai has USD 10k on hand is remote in my experience, typically they need to be given notice so it can be aggregated. Two years ago in Bangkok I had problems trying to gather GBP 5k, it took almost eight days.

The chances that any single bank branch or currency exchange in Chiang Mai has USD 10k on hand is remote in my experience, typically they need to be given notice so it can be aggregated. Two years ago in Bangkok I had problems trying to gather GBP 5k, it took almost eight days.

The OP only needs a little over 1000 USD.

The OP only needs a little over 1000 USD.

Ah, thanks, sorry I misread the number.

Your best bet would be going to the CNX head office of the big banks such as Kasikorn, Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial etc...

Why?

Why indeed ? Bank Rates are no where as good as the money lenders.

Your best bet would be going to the CNX head office of the big banks such as Kasikorn, Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial etc...

Why?

Sorry of course that should have read currency exchangers, like S & K

Why?

Money lenders?