What are your top priority upgrades after buying a new bike?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question for those readers/posters who are on here and don't like bikes, or think they are way too dangerous to be driving in Thailand or whatever hate they have on for bikes.....why are you even here? If you have no interest in the topic, then haven't you anything better to do with your time than read something that doesn't interest you? Or are you simply here to annoy people and be a hater? Get a life...all of you.

For those of you who love bikes and enjoy after market mods.......ride on brothers!

They are here to compensate their small balls and penises:D along with their broken egos.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I have a question for those readers/posters who are on here and don't like bikes, or think they are way too dangerous to be driving in Thailand or whatever hate they have on for bikes.....why are you even here? If you have no interest in the topic, then haven't you anything better to do with your time than read something that doesn't interest you? Or are you simply here to annoy people and be a hater? Get a life...all of you.

For those of you who love bikes and enjoy after market mods.......ride on brothers!

They are here to compensate their small balls and penises:D along with their broken egos.

Sadly there is no "aftermarket parts" available to help them.......although they could use a db killer......lol

• Like 1

Sadly there is no "aftermarket parts" available to help them.......although they could use a db killer......lol

There are. They can get penil and ball prosthesis:D

But a lot harder to fix the broken egos!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

CBR250R.JPG

I would be happy to leave you guys alone, if you would do the same to me. The problem is that apparently 90% (quoting the OP) insist on the loud noise modification to their big bike, thereby annoying everyone who is not pleased by loud noise, which is pretty much everyone but bikers. This gives me an interest in the topic, which is why I am here.

When a really loud bike comes roaring past someone on a small scooter, they often get scared which can lead to accidents, so the noise is not only annoying it is also dangerous to people around.

CBR250R.JPG

I would be happy to leave you guys alone, if you would do the same to me. The problem is that apparently 90% (quoting the OP) insist on the loud noise modification to their big bike, thereby annoying everyone who is not pleased by loud noise, which is pretty much everyone but bikers. This gives me an interest in the topic, which is why I am here.

When a really loud bike comes roaring past someone on a small scooter, they often get scared which can lead to accidents, so the noise is not only annoying it is also dangerous to people around.

The OP never said 90% (unless that post has been removed?). That is a figure that you have plucked out of your own head.

I don't remember seeing your other posts on the bike forum but judging from what you have posted on this particular thread, you display a lot of ignorance about bikes and bikers and come across as a bike hater. Don't tell me that you are one of those drivers that try to block bikes splitting lanes?

• Like 2

CBR250R.JPG

They get scared even with doppler shift? I wonder what happens if one of those straight through piped trucks or tak-taks passed by....would that poor scooter rider have a heart attack and die right there? What happens if those riders go by a tractor/trailer that has a shipping container and then the tractor/trailer hits a seam in the road causing the container to jump and make a big scary noise? Or are these hypothetical scooter riders only going slowly and not checking their mirrors and thus don't have any warning that there's a loud dangerous bike coming up behind them?

Come to think of it, please let me have the names of these intrepid scooter riders so I can take out a life insurance policy on them and $profit.

• Like 2

My top upgrades are engine guard, frame sliders then adjustable levers, exhaust, custom seat, handle bar riser. And a basket on the front to look mean.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

CBR250R.JPG

The OP never said 90% (unless that post has been removed?). That is a figure that you have plucked out of your own head.

I don't remember seeing your other posts on the bike forum but judging from what you have posted on this particular thread, you display a lot of ignorance about bikes and bikers and come across as a bike hater. Don't tell me that you are one of those drivers that try to block bikes splitting lanes?

Yes he did in post 26 and the post is still there, I quote: "I think 90% of all bike riders will be interested in a better sound than stock."

I did not intentionally search the bike forum, I did not even know there was one. I do now though, and I am happy to join your future discussions :-)

I am not a bike hater as such, I am an excessive noise hater though, so if a bike (or anything else) makes loud noise for no good reason, then yes, I am a hater :-)

I don't know what "splitting lanes" means, but no I generally don't block bikes or anyone else.

And yes, you are correct, I don't know anything about bikes, but even with no knowledge, I can still hear the bikes :-)

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

CBR250R.JPG

They get scared even with doppler shift? I wonder what happens if one of those straight through piped trucks or tak-taks passed by....would that poor scooter rider have a heart attack and die right there? What happens if those riders go by a tractor/trailer that has a shipping container and then the tractor/trailer hits a seam in the road causing the container to jump and make a big scary noise? Or are these hypothetical scooter riders only going slowly and not checking their mirrors and thus don't have any warning that there's a loud dangerous bike coming up behind them?

Come to think of it, please let me have the names of these intrepid scooter riders so I can take out a life insurance policy on them and $profit.

Ahh, the good old kindergarden argument. "But the others are doing it too??" biggrin.png

Is there a "tak tak" (whatever that is) upgrade forum, then I will be happy to comment on the noise there too, so you will not feel unfairly treated smile.png

Edited by monkeycountry

Yes he did in post 26 and the post is still there, I quote: "I think 90% of all bike riders will be interested in a better sound than stock."

I did not intentionally search the bike forum, I did not even know there was one. I do now though, and I am happy to join your future discussions :-)

I am not a bike hater as such, I am an excessive noise hater though, so if a bike (or anything else) makes loud noise for no good reason, then yes, I am a hater :-)

I don't know what "splitting lanes" means, but no I generally don't block bikes or anyone else.

And yes, you are correct, I don't know anything about bikes, but even with no knowledge, I can still hear the bikes :-)

Post #26

Also that I never said. I think 90% of all bike riders will be interested in a better sound than stock

I believe the punctuation (full stop) was a typo. Take that away and his sentence reads "Also that I never said I think 90% of all ..........."

Even as a non biker, you are of course welcome to join the forum. If you have a genuine interest in knowing more, you will find 90% of the posters helpful. However, if you are here to troll, this forum will not be so welcoming. I accept your point that you're an excessive noise hater as I am too

• Like 1

Post #26

Also that I never said. I think 90% of all bike riders will be interested in a better sound than stock

I believe the punctuation (full stop) was a typo. Take that away and his sentence reads "Also that I never said I think 90% of all ..........."

Even as a non biker, you are of course welcome to join the forum. If you have a genuine interest in knowing more, you will find 90% of the posters helpful. However, if you are here to troll, this forum will not be so welcoming. I accept your point that you're an excessive noise hater as I am too

The OP is replying to my post 25. And he is saying he never said that bikers were the only ones allowed to make noise, which I was questioning in post 25.

It would make absolutely no sense if he was saying what you suggest, as I have made no such reference whatsoever. Ie. why would he said that he never said something, if I have not implied that he did?

There is no error in the OPs posts, and they make perfect sense although I may not agree with him. Perhaps you just did not follow the entire conversation, which is understandable given the length?

I am glad I am welcome in this forum, and I have no illusions that any bikers will agree with my views. I am however not trolling, I am genuinely annoyed by noisy modified bikes, and wish to express that view. I do not dare approach a gang of bikers to ask them to tone it down in real life, but here I can do so without risking my healthsmile.png

I understand that bikers wish to show off their cool bike to everyone around, so do car owners. But you can do so in passive and aggressive ways. Passive would be something like a cool design, cool colors and various visual mods that people can choose to look at, or not to look at. Aggressive would be a 200 db exhaust pipe where everyone is forced to listen, whether they like it or not.

Imagine if 90% of people who bought a cool/expensive car fitted a giant loudspeaker on the roof blasting "look at my cool car" all day long. I think even bike owners would get tired of that smile.png

Some of you may argue that the noise is not intended for other people, it is just for the rider himself. If that is the case, then I am quite sure it would be easy to invent a headset for the helmet, and connect it wirelessly directly to the engine, then the rider can listen to the engine as loud as he wants to, and if done properly it would likely sound better too.

Edited by monkeycountry

The OP is replying to my post 25. And he is saying he never said that bikers were the only ones allowed to make noise, which I was questioning in post 25.

It would make absolutely no sense if he was saying what you suggest, as I have made no such reference whatsoever. Ie. why would he said that he never said something, if I have not implied that he did?

There is no error in the OPs posts, and they make perfect sense although I may not agree with him. Perhaps you just did not follow the entire conversation, which is understandable given the length?

I am glad I am welcome in this forum, and I have no illusions that any bikers will agree with my views. I am however not trolling, I am genuinely annoyed by noisy modified bikes, and wish to express that view. I do not dare approach a gang of bikers to ask them to tone it down in real life, but here I can do so without risking my healthsmile.png

I understand that bikers wish to show off their cool bike to everyone around, so do car owners. But you can do so in passive and aggressive ways. Passive would be something like a cool design, cool colors and various visual mods that people can choose to look at, or not to look at. Aggressive would be a 200 db exhaust pipe where everyone is forced to listen, whether they like it or not.

Imagine if 90% of people who bought a cool/expensive car fitted a giant loudspeaker on the roof blasting "look at my cool car" all day long. I think even bike owners would get tired of that smile.png

Everyone has their views and are entitled to them. However, in order for your views to gain any sort of acceptance, they must be reasonable and preferably borne out of experience.

Take noisy exhausts for example. There is one school of thought that is very adamant that loud pipes saves lives. While I personally do not adhere to that (all my 5 bikes still have the stock exhausts on them, though that might change shortly for a couple of them), I must confess that at times, I have been made aware of another biker due to his "loud" exhaust. Does this mean that he will be safer than I? Hard to say. I prefer to trust my own common sense / judgement / road sense / skill (if any) to ensure that I don't end up in an accident.

On the other hand, some bikers will tell you that a helmet is unnecessary. This view, while valid, is of course totally stupid.

• Like 1

CBR250R.JPG

Ahh, the good old kindergarden argument. "But the others are doing it too??" biggrin.png

Is there a "tak tak" (whatever that is) upgrade forum, then I will be happy to comment on the noise there too, so you will not feel unfairly treated smile.png

Have you been to Thailand? It's a very loud country. And whilst I wish I could sympathise with small scooter riders who choose to endanger themselves, and others, by having such a timid nature that some loud noise scares them to the point that they would improperly handle an underbone twist and go barely faster than Lance Armstrong toy motorbike....I just can not.

If I had to guess, you probably live in the city (not knowing what a tak-tak is means that you have never been in the countryside), haven't been in Thailand that long (not realising the nature of the country), and are of limited means (limited to riding a scooter...can't afford a big bike?...can't afford a proper car?).

At any rate, thanks for playing, there are nice quiet countries (Scandinavian countries are nice if you can stomach the food) but on this forum dedicated to Thailand those who have been around know what the story is. Below I've included a picture of a tak-tak so that this post is also informative.

10859510184_6f55b24d65_c.jpg

• Like 1

Everyone has their views and are entitled to them. However, in order for your views to gain any sort of acceptance, they must be reasonable and preferably borne out of experience.

Take noisy exhausts for example. There is one school of thought that is very adamant that loud pipes saves lives. While I personally do not adhere to that (all my 5 bikes still have the stock exhausts on them, though that might change shortly for a couple of them), I must confess that at times, I have been made aware of another biker due to his "loud" exhaust. Does this mean that he will be safer than I? Hard to say. I prefer to trust my own common sense / judgement / road sense / skill (if any) to ensure that I don't end up in an accident.

On the other hand, some bikers will tell you that a helmet is unnecessary. This view, while valid, is of course totally stupid.

As mentioned in an earlier post, there are reasons the exhaust noise is not that loud when it leaves the factory. One of those reasons is that making the exhaust very loud is illegal in some, if not many, countries (I do not know about Thailand). While I am no law expert, I am sure those that made such laws had their reasons.

Whether bikers wear a helmet or not does not endanger anyone but the biker himself, and it does not annoy anyone either. It is illegal in order to protect the biker from himself, not to protect anyone else (except maybe the tax payers, if they have to shoulder the hospital bill).

It may be that my views need to be reasonable and borne out of experience. While the reasonable part is subjective and can be debated, I can definately say that they are borne out of experience, as I have lots and lots of experience involuntarily listening to loud bikes smile.png

CBR250R.JPG

Papa Al, for one.

CBR250R.JPG

Have you been to Thailand? It's a very loud country. And whilst I wish I could sympathise with small scooter riders who choose to endanger themselves, and others, by having such a timid nature that some loud noise scares them to the point that they would improperly handle an underbone twist and go barely faster than Lance Armstrong toy motorbike....I just can not.

If I had to guess, you probably live in the city (not knowing what a tak-tak is means that you have never been in the countryside), haven't been in Thailand that long (not realising the nature of the country), and are of limited means (limited to riding a scooter...can't afford a big bike?...can't afford a proper car?).

At any rate, thanks for playing, there are nice quiet countries (Scandinavian countries are nice if you can stomach the food) but on this forum dedicated to Thailand those who have been around know what the story is. Below I've included a picture of a tak-tak so that this post is also informative.

10859510184_6f55b24d65_c.jpg

Your guessing sucks on pretty much all points - actually all points, but I see no reason to start a pissing contest :-)

Oh, and thanks for the pix, nice ride. Which upgrades have you given it - besides the exhaust of course?

Edited by monkeycountry

New grips and levers is all I need.

Same for me. Nothing else needs changing on my bike for me.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Idiots that spend money on changing shocks, brake upgrades etc on twist and go scooters used on public roads need their heads seeing to. Honda, Yamaha and the rest of the top motorbike names spend millions of dollars on research and development, to make these scooters handle as good as they need to be for what they are being used for. If someone is going to use their scooter for professional racing on a track then yes the upgrades are essential.

Your guessing sucks on pretty much all points - actually all points, but I see no reason to start a pissing contest :-)

Oh, and thanks for the pix, nice ride. Which upgrades have you given it - besides the exhaust of course?

Yep, major sucking. First post of yours that I could find was from 5 Nov 12 (of course I had been in Thailand for 2 years before posting on TV). So my assumption that you haven't been in Thailand that long isn't that far off. There there was the lack of knowledge about a widely used farm vehicle that anyone that has been out and about (rather than those preoccupied with the bar scene) has seen...even if they didn't know the name. Your oh so cute attempt at deflection of not knowing it doesn't negate my apparently correct assumption that you live in the city (reading though your old posts confirms that). After all the time one spend in bars renting a femme du soir it is unsurprising that hearing loss would affect the perception of every day noises...but does be the question as to why a 'loud' motorcycle would cause concern.

I will say that the speculation as to your means was a bit uncalled for; but considering the troll needs to be trolled perhaps not totally out of line.

Edited by dave_boo

Idiots that spend money on changing shocks, brake upgrades etc on twist and go scooters used on public roads need their heads seeing to. Honda, Yamaha and the rest of the top motorbike names spend millions of dollars on research and development, to make these scooters handle as good as they need to be for what they are being used for. If someone is going to use their scooter for professional racing on a track then yes the upgrades are essential.

Yep...because corporations, who have to stay in the red and please shareholders are not going to do things the cheapest way they can or anything. I mean why eat at a Michelin star restaurant when one can chow down at McDonalds that is good enough for what it's intended for?

Of course there are some things I question. Rim tape...what good is that? I read that reflective rim tape makes you more visible at night and nearly fell out. One of two things happens if another vehicle, which can only see the rim tape from a 90 degree angle, notices it. Either they've already seen the headlight or the poor motorcyclist is about to be t-boned. But on the other hand that money spent stimulates the economy and the owner likes it so oh well.

How about just shop at big C for your clothes instead of wear Levi's ect. Lol. I think a lot of people like to dress up their bikes for looks too. And there's nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

why not? a better tires is better and a better brake or handling is better too!

Besides, some people like to modify and customize their bikes even if it is not needed.

• Like 1

Besides, some people like to modify and customize their bikes even if it is not needed.

You can spend 10's of thousands of baht modifying scooters, but if your not on a track its just a waste of money. When have you ever seen someone hanging off the side of a scooter with their knee down taking corners at a high speed? Never! and it will never happen.

My standard Nouvo will go round any corner in Thailand just as fast as any modified one.

Lights. I am surprised only a few mentions of brighter or more lights... You want to be seen, and for the driver ahead to know you are coming up on them faster than they assume a scooter would be. You can't be too bright...

Sent - how is not that important...

Edited by DualSportBiker

I don't consider myself an idiot even though I did change the shocks on my PCX to aftermarket YSS. I'm sure Honda spent millions on R&D but they cannot account for every carrying weight on the bikes. I usually ride two up on my PCX with a combined weight of 135 kg plus whatever is in the top box. If Honda were to put in a shock to cater for this weight, imagine how uncomfortable it would be for the standard Thai rider weighing 65 kg.

Simple fact of the matter is that some upgrades are purely visual, some for safety and some for comfort. It doesn't matter whether you ride a scooter or a liter bike. What matters is that you are happy with what you ride.

• Like 1

You can spend 10's of thousands of baht modifying scooters, but if your not on a track its just a waste of money. When have you ever seen someone hanging off the side of a scooter with their knee down taking corners at a high speed? Never! and it will never happen.

My standard Nouvo will go round any corner in Thailand just as fast as any modified one.

I dont think so your scooter can go faster than a nicely modified one.

Customizing your bike is never a waste of money. It is fun first of all and i prefer ro rise something better than standard stock bike.

• Like 1

Yep, major sucking. First post of yours that I could find was from 5 Nov 12 (of course I had been in Thailand for 2 years before posting on TV). So my assumption that you haven't been in Thailand that long isn't that far off. There there was the lack of knowledge about a widely used farm vehicle that anyone that has been out and about (rather than those preoccupied with the bar scene) has seen...even if they didn't know the name. Your oh so cute attempt at deflection of not knowing it doesn't negate my apparently correct assumption that you live in the city (reading though your old posts confirms that). After all the time one spend in bars renting a femme du soir it is unsurprising that hearing loss would affect the perception of every day noises...but does be the question as to why a 'loud' motorcycle would cause concern.

I will say that the speculation as to your means was a bit uncalled for; but considering the troll needs to be trolled perhaps not totally out of line.

I am simply telling you that you are wrong on every single point, which I find a bit funny considering how confident you are. I don't care much if you believe me :-)

If it makes you happy, I never said I have never seen or heard of a taktak before, I simply did not recognise the name.

Thanks for reading all my old posts, must have taken quite a while. Since you have displayed such an interest in my life I will give you a clue. When I moved to Thailand, it was not possible to read nor post on TV. Hope that helps :-)