Strong 6.0-magnitude quake rattles northern Thailand: USGS

webfact

Just had one about 15 minutes ago, would have been 4:40 Thai time if computer time is right.

I would say it was a high 4, because we haven't been feeling the low 4's here.

This one had quite a long duration to it, unless it was 2 of them.

My location is about 30K northwest of the magnitude 6 quake.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had one about 15 minutes ago, would have been 4:40 Thai time if computer time is right.

I would say it was a high 4, because we haven't been feeling the low 4's here.

This one had quite a long duration to it, unless it was 2 of them.

My location is about 30K northwest of the magnitude 6 quake.

Here are some recent magnitudes.....

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/earthquake_report.php

They have no earthquake for the time I mentioned. That is pretty strange because three people in our house felt it, and we weren't all together. outside of this one all of the quakes we have felt were listed on the site.

I did notice there was one around 4:00 pm that was 15 kms from our house. That's getting a little personal

@T-dog that link you gave is missing many of the aftershocks. This site has them all, except for the one I was looking for I guess

http://www.seismology.tmd.go.th/en/local.php?pageNum_thaievent=2&totalRows_thaievent=1991

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

Why are people running in the videos above ? It's not much safer out in the streets than inside. Just look at that western guy eating dinner, he was in a real hurry.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

I'm in Chiang Rai. Had an aftershock early morning. Didn't look at clock, but would guess about 4:10 am.

there was a slight rumble for 4 seconds, then a clean jerk (pun intended), then 3 seconds of low rumble.

I'm curious to know what sorts of movements are presumed happening. Is it subduction? Or is it one slab slidings alongside another (?) as happens along the San Andreas fault in California.

• Like 1

We felt the small one at 11:55 here in Mae Taeng, and the larger one a half an hour earlier. Odd how it propagates, and how these aftershocks just keep going.

is not getting smaller

Yeah, the one a half hour earlier was a 4.8. The smaller one at 11:55 was a 2.6 but they both felt the same here.

We felt the small one at 11:55 here in Mae Taeng, and the larger one a half an hour earlier. Odd how it propagates, and how these aftershocks just keep going.

is not getting smaller

Yeah, the one a half hour earlier was a 4.8. The smaller one at 11:55 was a 2.6 but they both felt the same here.

its all in the depth now,

if they start rising,

thats not a good thing

This is no joke:

a

massive CME just occured and suggests quake watch:

I'm afraid that guy sounds like a big time conspiracy theorist. He's other videos are also.. well interesting. :)

But out of curiosity, how an CME would cause earth quakes?

This is no joke:

a

massive CME just occured and suggests quake watch:

I'm afraid that guy sounds like a big time conspiracy theorist. He's other videos are also.. well interesting. smile.png

But out of curiosity, how an CME would cause earth quakes?

Proton bursts pressuring the magnetosphere interacts with the magma, or creates the pressure on the tetonic plates,

but before anyone criticizes,

I am just a guitar player

there is a host of people out there doing the work.

I personally do not know a darn thing about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gu1VM5FmQo