Bangkok: Man 'accidentally' shoots 2 at rally site

webfact

No wonder I like Thailand so much...it feels like being home in the US.

Everybody drives a pickup truck.

The north and the south are headed towards civil war;

And,

Everybody has a gun!

;-)

There is one difference, here they are 10 times more likely to kill someone with those guns (google gun murder rates).

Maybe when the courts said they were unarmed, they meant no more armed than the rest of the population

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go figure. The court says they are peaceful people with no weapons. But more anti government protesters are being shot by there own people. No training just give a fool a weapon

and sent him to battle.

Seems they gave you a computer..!

Go figure. The court says they are peaceful people with no weapons. But more anti government protesters are being shot by there own people. No training just give a fool a weapon

and sent him to battle.

Seems they gave you a computer..!

For such a long time Suthepistas on this forum have been saying that all these shootings are red shirt related and that "protesters don't shoot themsleves". Now it transpires they do shoot each other. Complete silence.

Who would have thought, an actual two line nonsensical comment instead of your ridiculous one liners.

• Like 1

Bravo to the PDRC guards. The intense training they have received over recent weeks has really paid off. This scallywag has an accidental firearm discharge and the guards arrest him and hand him over to the police. He is not injured , there was no reported beatings or kidnappings.

I am sure this scallywag will also be facing a ban from future PDRC rallies to ensure that the official American stance that these rallies are peaceful remain just that….Peaceful..

Well done PDRC.

This intense training that's been happening over recent weeks ,according to you, what happened in the case of Col. Witthawat Wattanakul, who was brutally beaten and shot at by the peaceful guards, just 9 days ago. Did they forget their intensive training on that occasion? Bravo to the PDRC guards indeed, keeping themselves restrained like that, not even a hint of a beating, is worthy of praise to the highest rooftops. Now if only they can keep these peaceful armed scallywags under control all will be well.

I doubt that this armed "scallywag" will be banned from future rallies. Surely they need all the armed forces they can muster for their final battle whistling.gif ?

Oh, just one more thing. Could you provide a link proving your statement "official American stance that these rallies are peaceful"? The spokesman for the American Embassy in Bangkok said that the US wanted to see a peaceful solution to the ongoing crisis but that's not the same is it? They might have even been alarmed by the "peaceful protesters" actions on the 19th December

On 19 December over 500 protesters led by the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) broke away from a large demonstration organised by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State and marched to the US Embassy, which was located on Wireless Road.

Mr. Uthai Yodmanee and Mr. Nititorn Lamluea, leaders of the NSPRT, said they want US President Barack Obama to remove US Ambassador Kristy Kenny from her position, accusing Ms. Kenny of tacitly supporting the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra by saying in previous interviews that she endorses the new election called by Ms. Yingluck.

Ms. Kenny′s statement has angered the protesters so much that one speaker on PCAD rally stage threatened to lead the protesters to storm into the US Embassy as a retaliation.

There were moments when it appeared the protesters were bent on breaking into the heavily fortified compound yesterday, with the NSPRT leaders demanding that the police retreat from their position around the embassy.

However, after a negotiation with Lumpini Police, the NSPRT agreed to withdraw from the embassy, but only after they raised the Thai national flag onto a makeshift flagpole and sang national anthem.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690858-chiang-mai-red-shirts-vow-support-for-us-ambassador/

US ambassador Kristie Kenney went on record and said the PDRC protests are peaceful protests and that the people have the right to express themselves.

From memory when one article does not suit your agenda though you say it is fake and you require multiple sources. That is why I will not post a link for you. Look it up yourself mate.

and sent him to battle.

They don't battle unless there are ten against one, they ambush.

For such a long time Suthepistas on this forum have been saying that all these shootings are red shirt related and that "protesters don't shoot themsleves". Now it transpires they do shoot each other. Complete silence.

Who would have thought, an actual two line nonsensical comment instead of your ridiculous one liners.

And if silence were golden you couldn't raise a dime. But at least Prbkk posted facts while you grabbed at straws of inference.

And if silence were golden you couldn't raise a dime. But at least Prbkk posted facts while you grabbed at straws of inference.

Wow! the great white knight rides in on his steed to protect the flock, can't the man? speak for himself.

Nonsensical comparison then. Shots fired inside a rally with the perpetrator caught by PDRC guards and presented to the police is compared to M79 grenades fired from outside a rally site bypassing netting that the PDRC guards have put up to stop M79 grenades entering the rally site with the perpetrators escaping every time.

To suggest that the PDRC were shooting themselves in these instances thus forcing themselves to reduce their own rally sites to one site at Lumpini park fort security reasons is grabbing at straws. They secured themselves from themselves apparently. Then the PDRC placed their own guards on tollways to again protect themselves from themselves then set up netting around the stages to again protect themselves from themselves would certainly qualify as grabbing at straws.

Next he will say there is no corruption in the rice scheme.

I will state facts and compare them as well.

I was going to go on a cruise around S.E Asia (fact) thinking that ships don't sink, but after the Titanic sank (fact) and Costa Concordian disaster (fact) in now transpires they do sink. Complete silence now.

According to you because I stated facts that is a logical argument and comparison.

That is PTP logic right there.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Poor trigger discipline and poor excuses coming from people who don't seem to know much about weapons handling either.

No comments that he was carrying it illegally ? Protection from who? A handgun has a very limited range it's not going to protect you from someone lobbing M79 grenades from 300M away either. A handgun is up close and personal and the fact he didn't know how to use it properly is even more bizarre he needs protection from himself!!

He's lucky neither of the women were fataly injured and I hope he faces the full force of the law at that too. There's no excuse for recklessness and endangering human life!!

• Like 2

Bravo to the PDRC guards. The intense training they have received over recent weeks has really paid off. This scallywag has an accidental firearm discharge and the guards arrest him and hand him over to the police. He is not injured , there was no reported beatings or kidnappings.

I am sure this scallywag will also be facing a ban from future PDRC rallies to ensure that the official American stance that these rallies are peaceful remain just that….Peaceful..

Well done PDRC.

This intense training that's been happening over recent weeks ,according to you, what happened in the case of Col. Witthawat Wattanakul, who was brutally beaten and shot at by the peaceful guards, just 9 days ago. Did they forget their intensive training on that occasion? Bravo to the PDRC guards indeed, keeping themselves restrained like that, not even a hint of a beating, is worthy of praise to the highest rooftops. Now if only they can keep these peaceful armed scallywags under control all will be well.

I doubt that this armed "scallywag" will be banned from future rallies. Surely they need all the armed forces they can muster for their final battle whistling.gif ?

Oh, just one more thing. Could you provide a link proving your statement "official American stance that these rallies are peaceful"? The spokesman for the American Embassy in Bangkok said that the US wanted to see a peaceful solution to the ongoing crisis but that's not the same is it? They might have even been alarmed by the "peaceful protesters" actions on the 19th December

On 19 December over 500 protesters led by the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) broke away from a large demonstration organised by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State and marched to the US Embassy, which was located on Wireless Road.

Mr. Uthai Yodmanee and Mr. Nititorn Lamluea, leaders of the NSPRT, said they want US President Barack Obama to remove US Ambassador Kristy Kenny from her position, accusing Ms. Kenny of tacitly supporting the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra by saying in previous interviews that she endorses the new election called by Ms. Yingluck.

Ms. Kenny′s statement has angered the protesters so much that one speaker on PCAD rally stage threatened to lead the protesters to storm into the US Embassy as a retaliation.

There were moments when it appeared the protesters were bent on breaking into the heavily fortified compound yesterday, with the NSPRT leaders demanding that the police retreat from their position around the embassy.

However, after a negotiation with Lumpini Police, the NSPRT agreed to withdraw from the embassy, but only after they raised the Thai national flag onto a makeshift flagpole and sang national anthem.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690858-chiang-mai-red-shirts-vow-support-for-us-ambassador/

I thought djjamie was being sarcastic.

Oh no, he deplores that kind of thing, he calls it condescension. That's a No No, he used to post this at the end of his posts "If you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context, don't change the subject and don't cherry pick".

He forgot one, I think, perhaps he should have added "don't call me insecure"

• Like 1

I thought djjamie was being sarcastic.

Oh no, he deplores that kind of thing, he calls it condescension. That's a No No, he used to post this at the end of his posts "If you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context, don't change the subject and don't cherry pick".

He forgot one, I think, perhaps he should have added "don't call me insecure"

I saw his next post. Guess he wasn't being ironic after all. .

Well done PDRC.

In fact the Col Witthawat Wattanakul highlights the intense training they received. The guards receiving daily brutal attacks via M79's against peaceful protestors (according to the official American stance) and they see this potential killer and instead of shooting to kill, they shot him in the ankle and then give him a "bruised face" and then drive him to hospital. The PDRC guards should be commended. Bravo for their training and more importantly for seeking medical attention for the man after subduing the potential threat. Thanks for inadvertently highlighting the training of the guards that has paid off. Well done Fab4.

​Then of course the other side of the equation is a monk that asked red shirts to stop being violent and in famous red shirt spirit they retaliate by being violent and beating him in an attack more akin to a group of rabid dogs attacking a blind cat with no legs.

PDRC guards protecting innocent protestors from a "potential" threat with non lethal force and seeking medical advice for him. PTP statement - Brutal fascist thugs. Guards fault not the potential threats fault.

Red shirts attacking monk. PTP statement - Fake monk or monk should not have said what he said. Monks fault. Not the red shirts fault.

​That is PTP logic right there.

<edit> Nearly forgot.Thanks Fab4...Remember only the inarticulate resort to the following. “If you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context, don't change the subject and don't cherry pick”

Edited by djjamie

So the murdered children killed themselves. So all the other victims of violence did it to themselves. You really think that?

Yes this idiot had a gun, but your follow up conclusion is just wrong.

No sane person would ever think that the murder of the children in Bangkok was a deliberate act. If you can accept that it was an accidental murder then you must also have doubts about whether it was RED or Yellow hand that made the mistake.

And your point is, if those trying to kill protesters did not desire to murder children, then is is not deliberate murder or attempted murder? And then you somehow derive that this possibly implicates yellows?

Both grenade attacks that killed children, and the hundreds of other grenade and gun attacks that have killed dozens and wounded hundreds were deliberate acts. The protest sites are designed with massive defense perimeters to make it difficult to target protesters. Obviously the attackers don't care who they hit. It was deliberate murder of anyone within firing range.

No sane person would consider "but he didn't want to kill little kids" to mean anything. Obviously they didn't care.

• Like 1

So the murdered children killed themselves. So all the other victims of violence did it to themselves. You really think that?

No sane person would ever think that the murder of the children in Bangkok was a deliberate act. If you can accept that it was an accidental murder then you must also have doubts about whether it was RED or Yellow hand that made the mistake.

Someone threw a hand grenade into a crowd of shoppers indiscriminately. Murder is murder, can't believe you try to defend such despicable action !

US ambassador Kristie Kenney went on record and said the PDRC protests are peaceful protests and that the people have the right to express themselves.

From memory when one article does not suit your agenda though you say it is fake and you require multiple sources. That is why I will not post a link for you. Look it up yourself mate.

You remember that rule you imposed on other people replying to your posts, you know, the one about cherry picking which parts of a post to answer and which to ignore?

No?

You apparently are as forgetful as the guards I was asking you to comment on, even after their intense training......................

But we'll let that one slip and let's have a look at your American endorsement shall we?

I found a link, it wasn't hard, there are several sources but I can understand your reluctance because it doesn't back up what you're claiming. Here's a link from The Nation, I know you'll regard that as gospel

In an exclusive interview with Nation Multimedia Group chairman Suthichai Yoon, Kenney said her country had talked to all sides involved in the current conflict, including business and academic figures.

The interview was delayed as the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) protesters led by Suthep Thaugsuban were marching on the street in front of the embassy.

When asked how she viewed the PDRC protest, the US ambassador said it was a "peaceful protest", and the people have the right to express themselves.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/US-talking-to-all-sides-in-conflict-Kenney-30230111.html

First of all one would have to ask why the interview was delayed by the walk past protest, did they feel at risk? Secondly one would need to look at the context of the quote (I know you're big on things being taken out of context). The PDRC are walking past the Embassy and Suthichai asked her how she viewed the protest. She said it was peaceful. Not all the protests, this protest happening now (at the time). Of course she said it was peaceful and people have the right to express themselves.

She wasn't talking about when the protesters shot at Pro Government supporters in Laksi, or throwing grenades at policemen, or beating up army Colonels and shooting at them, or when the protesters physically restrained people from voting.

She was talking about that protest, that day. Hardly the official American government stance that you claim, as borne out by what she also said

Kenney said the United States has issued several clear statements supporting the democratic process, freedom of expression and peaceful dialogue while calling on all sides to refrain from violence."We've expressed our support for freedom of expression and peaceful protest but I think for some people, that might not be enough. They may wish for more, depending on their view," she said.
Edited by fab4

In fact the Col Witthawat Wattanakul highlights the intense training they received. The guards receiving daily brutal attacks via M79's against peaceful protestors (according to the official American stance) and they see this potential killer and instead of shooting to kill, they shot him in the ankle and then give him a "bruised face" and then drive him to hospital. The PDRC guards should be commended. Bravo for their training and more importantly for seeking medical attention for the man after subduing the potential threat. Thanks for inadvertently highlighting the training of the guards that has paid off. Well done Fab4.

​Then of course the other side of the equation is a monk that asked red shirts to stop being violent and in famous red shirt spirit they retaliate by being violent and beating him in an attack more akin to a group of rabid dogs attacking a blind cat with no legs.

PDRC guards protecting innocent protestors from a "potential" threat with non lethal force and seeking medical advice for him. PTP statement - Brutal fascist thugs. Guards fault not the potential threats fault.

Red shirts attacking monk. PTP statement - Fake monk or monk should not have said what he said. Monks fault. Not the red shirts fault.

<edit> Nearly forgot.Thanks Fab4...Remember only the inarticulate resort to the following. “If you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context, don't change the subject and don't cherry pick”

Wow, just Wow.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

• Like 1

Well done PDRC.

And how about when these wonderfully trained guards shot one of their own, Jirayuth Senanarong, in the chest and killed him. Absolutely brilliant they are.

• Like 2

Wow, just Wow.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

haha.

And that's why I say the bit at the end. Without the demonizing, condescension, quoting out of context, changing the subject, and cherry picking. That leaves you with WOW. Just WOW.

• Like 2

Well done PDRC.

And how about when these wonderfully trained guards shot one of their own, Jirayuth Senanarong, in the chest and killed him. Absolutely brilliant they are.

Actually this incident was why regulations were developed and the training was implemented.

From then on, each and every guard had follow the new regulations and all 2,400 of the PDRC guards what to be retrained at the group's Lumpini Park base camp.

And as I stated with the non lethal suppression of a potentially lethal threat and then the guards rushing the victim to hospital it highlights that the training has paid off.

With the gunman in this OP that was handed to police without a single bruise or graze it highlights the training has paid off.

Thanks for the post and for highlighting why training was needed.

Edited by djjamie

Well done PDRC.

Actually this incident was why regulations were developed and the training was implemented.

From then on, each and every guard had follow the new regulations and all 2,400 of the PDRC guards what to be retrained at the group's Lumpini Park base camp.

And as I stated with the non lethal suppression of a potential threat and then the guards rushing the victim to hospital it highlights that the training has paid off.

With the gunman in this OP that was handed to police without a single bruise or graze it highlights the training has paid off.

wow the brainwashing works!!! well done jamie you would be at home in North Korea

Well done PDRC.

And as I stated with the non lethal suppression of a potential threat and then the guards rushing the victim to hospital it highlights that the training has paid off.

wow the brainwashing works!!! well done jamie you would be at home in North Korea

Fact 1 - Guard shoots guard dead.

Fact 2 - Guards have training and adhere to new regulations.

Fact 3 - Guards shoot potential lethal threat in foot and then rush him to hospital for medical treatment.

Fact 4 - Guard subdue potential lethal threat and hands him to police.

Belief 1 - The rice scheme is not corrupt.

Belief 2 - The PDRC are blowing themselves up with M79 grenades.

Belief 3 - The PTP handling of the 2011 floods was outstanding.

Belief 4 - Any monks that are attacked by red shirts are fake monks.

Facts - PTP's greatest enemy.

Beliefs - Their dearest friend.

I won't resort to calling you brainwashed or any other belittling tactic as I left that in the play ground back in grade 4.

Thanks for highlighting that PTP supporters ignore facts and prefer a belief structure.

I, for one , am thankful for a little levity on this thread. Most every post is so overly serious and other attempts at sarcasm are met with 1,000 word attacks. What has gotten into everybodys' knickers today?

And, FWIW, if you compare these protests of the PDRC agsinst most protests in the world, they have been very very peaceful. As an example, one need look no further than the Ukraine. I don't recall seeing masses of grandmothers and babies on shoulders at those protests.

Ofcourse, my saying so will surely result in my being called a PDRC sympathizer, even though I am without political investment in Thailand's affairs.

It was said this accidental shooter arrived a couple weeks earlier. It sounds more like a guy who wanted to come up to the big city and party down for a few weeks before the protests end. Get some free food, chase a few prostitutes around the Park, drink some whiskey, act like a Big Soi Dog for a bit. Brought a pistol as protection and got careless. This was not an intentionally violent incident. It was just a knucklehead.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2

No sane person would think those capable of indiscriminate shootings or bombings capable of caring who they kill and hurt.

These type of attacks are a hallmark of the red shirts. They often follow 'warnings" about possible violence from PTP leaders and the PTP / UDD/ Red shirts applauded and cheered these murders openly on stage at a rally.

Not an accidental murder at all. A crime committed with the full intention of causing deaths and serious injuries and not caring who was hurt,

Mistake my arse, Not caring of the consequences more likely.

• Like 2

How do you know all of this Jamie ? Are you privvy to the instructions and lesson plans? You know this is happening for A Fact because?????

Or are you taking someone else's words as face value?

Post the training program and lesson duration the names of the instructors and their background please as FACTS please seeing as you seem to have inside knowledge as you seemingly only deal in FACTS

That my friend is a propaganda technique called demanding an uneven burden of proof.

It is exhaustively fact-checking and nit-picking of an opponent's statements, but not challenging outrageous claims made by friends and allies.

You have demanded very strong, iron-clad, absolute proof for my statements, while insisting for the flimsiest of evidence to prove one's own statements to be true or in fact no evidence as shown by you in the following case. "Suthep has NO intention of stepping back and out of the picture once Poo is gone" as shown here . No need to back that up with the same burden of proof you are asking me to show.

The frustration is greatly showing when one tries this method to rebut a FACT.

I could propose that yingluck is not even being tried by the NACC until you show me the original court documents, transcriptions of evidence and official summonses from the NACC to yingluck. And when you cannot provide this evidence because you don't have access to it (not unlike the lack of access I have to your demanded proof) that means that in fact yingluck is not being tried by the NACC?

​I don't think the Titanic sank until you provide me with the original investigation report with the original stamp on it, the ship captains death certificate and the list of all the passengers that died with statements from the family showing the people drowned. If you cannot provide that does that mean the Titanic did not sink? According to you yes.

Silly isn't it. Yingluck is being tried by the NACC and I don't need evidence that you cannot provide to know that. The PDRC guards were trained. You do not need evidence that I cannot provide to know that. You are just very very frustrated that I am stating facts and making sense.

Again, facts are the PTP's greatest enemy.

​You're on the verge of the pigeon award mate.

​<EDIT> Oh…..nearly forgot, the Titanic sank.

Edited by djjamie

Fact 1 - Guard shoots guard dead.

Fact 2 - Guards have training and adhere to new regulations.

Fact 3 - Guards shoot potential lethal threat in foot and then rush him to hospital for medical treatment.

Fact 4 - Guard subdue potential lethal threat and hands him to police.

Belief 1 - The rice scheme is not corrupt.

Belief 2 - The PDRC are blowing themselves up with M79 grenades.

Belief 3 - The PTP handling of the 2011 floods was outstanding.

Belief 4 - Any monks that are attacked by red shirts are fake monks.

Facts - PTP's greatest enemy.

Beliefs - Their dearest friend.

I won't resort to calling you brainwashed or any other belittling tactic as I left that in the play ground back in grade 4.

Thanks for highlighting that PTP supporters ignore facts and prefer a belief structure.

"Fact" 3. Guards shoot potential lethal threat in foot and then rush him to hospital for medical treatment.

No, stop, I'm in stitches (laughing type, not as a result of PDRC Guard training)

Nah you keep harping on about facts Jamie I've asked you to provide them as you've defended the PDRC training regime.

Don't get mixed up between historical accounts over facts either you have a complex that you're fine demeaning and condescending others but when the shoes onthe other foot you don't like it .

I'm not here to criticise others posts I'm asking you to provide these wonderful facts that back up your assessment of the PDRC weapons training regime.

It's fine if you're not able to, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat ;)

Nah you keep harping on about facts Jamie I've asked you to provide them as you've defended the PDRC training regime.

Don't get mixed up between historical accounts over facts either you have a complex that you're fine demeaning and condescending others but when the shoes onthe other foot you don't like it .

I'm not here to criticise others posts I'm asking you to provide these wonderful facts that back up your assessment of the PDRC weapons training regime.

It's fine if you're not able to, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat wink.png

OK it is your opinion that yingluck is being charged by the NACC? That is not an historical fact. It is happening now. Show me the proof she is being charged or it is just your opinion?

Your opinion that yingluck transferred Thawil. Until you show me the transfer papers I don't think yingluck transferred Thawil. It is your opinion.

Like I said we know she is being charged we know the PDRC did training and we know Thawil was transferred. We know this from the same sources too. The media. Your sources are from the same sources as me. Yet you don't need to back your statements and proof up, but you demand others do when you get frustrated because I stated logical facts.

Maybe yingluck is in fact thaksin in disguise. Until you prove otherwise with medical statements and birth certificates it is your opinion that yingluck is in fact yingluck and to state otherwise means diddly squat. wink.png