Empty 100ml Containers?

bananafish

Anyone know where I might find these in Chaing Mai?

In the UK, you can get them in boots and most £1 shops, but I haven't found them anywhere here.

Alternatively, what would come in a 100ml bottle that is cheap to buy and easy to empty for reuse?

There is a store, across from and west of the CMU Pharmacy sales building, on Suthep dedicated to all sorts of containers. A wealth of sizes, shapes and materials. Inexpensive.

Yes, they are likely to have the 100ml size.

It's a shop house, not well marked, so a short 'walkalong' is in order to pinpoint it.

If you are trying to prepare 100ml containers for air travel the thing to do is find some travel size containers at Watson or Boots, dump the contents, and replace with what you want. The reason is if you get the real jobsworth at LHR etc. he will confiscate any way as your generic unmarked plastic is not a "commercially recognized branded product".

If you are trying to prepare 100ml containers for air travel the thing to do is find some travel size containers at Watson or Boots, dump the contents, and replace with what you want. The reason is if you get the real jobsworth at LHR etc. he will confiscate any way as your generic unmarked plastic is not a "commercially recognized branded product".

rubbish.

I flew 96 international flights last year and and on track to do over 120 this year and every flight I had a clear carry-on toiletries bag with only 100ml or less "unbranded" liquids containers in them. Never ever had one second look or query

OP if you want to get real cheap and only need a few head to one of the hotels and give the housekeeping staff 50 baht for a few of the empty shampoo bottles they supply to the guests.

Edited by hagler

rubbish.

I flew 96 international flights last year and and on track to do over 120 this year and every flight I had a clear carry-on toiletries bag with only 100ml or less "unbranded" liquids containers in them. Never ever had one second look or query

OP if you want to get real cheap and only need a few head to one of the hotels and give the housekeeping staff 50 baht for a few of the empty shampoo bottles they supply to the guests.

Uttertosh. I'm a commercial airline Captain and I have had my small measure of aftershave in a plastic mouthwash bottle from a hotel recently confiscated even though I am listed as Pilot in Command for the flight.

I do plenty of personal travel as well. There are no guarantees anymore. These jobswoths are out of control. Another Captain recently had his pocket corkscrew taken at LHR. Skies so much safer now. ( How do you think the stews pop your corks? Our mob has lever operated corkscrews mounted to the galley but there is a point to be made here.)

Just tried to add a bit of well meaning advice and I don't think it's rubbish.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

rubbish.

Uttertosh. I'm a commercial airline Captain and I have had my small measure of aftershave in a plastic mouthwash bottle from a hotel recently confiscated even though I am listed as Pilot in Command for the flight.

I do plenty of personal travel as well. There are no guarantees anymore. These jobswoths are out of control. Another Captain recently had his pocket corkscrew taken at LHR. Skies so much safer now. ( How do you think the stews pop your corks? Our mob has lever operated corkscrews mounted to the galley but there is a point to be made here.)

Just tried to add a bit of well meaning advice and I don't think it's rubbish.

Is it safe to fly?

On the serious side I have had stuff confiscated at Bangkok that I was allowed to carry on in Seattle. Not sure but it was a half liter of mouthwash in Seattle and toothpaste in Bangkok when I was transferring to my trip home here in Chiang Mai. You are rite. There are no guarantees.

Edited by northernjohn

I've enlarged my vocabulary from this thread. Had to look up "jobsworth" Thanks, guys!

right, me too. if the "jobsworths" at LHR are out of control, then you should encounter the ones at JFK or LGA in New York!

There is a store, across from and west of the CMU Pharmacy sales building, on Suthep dedicated to all sorts of containers. A wealth of sizes, shapes and materials. Inexpensive.

Yes, they are likely to have the 100ml size.

It's a shop house, not well marked, so a short 'walkalong' is in order to pinpoint it.

Found this place, got them for a few baht each, cheers. Weird enough little shop.