Seriously Disturbing - Adolf Hitler Adoration -

KhunVee

Maybe the person who drives it is Palestinian.

Only last week Palestinian President Muhammad Abbas denounced the Holocaust as the most heinous crime in human history. Credit where credit is due. The Palestinians are paying fro the crimes of Nazi Germany - which may be 'facts on the ground', but really isn't fair.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's actually an old Dutch guy. Wouldn't exactly call him a friend of mine. But I know him well enough. Nice enough guy, just likes being a bit dramatic in order get people a bit riled up. smile.png

Well some Dutch folk did stuff for Adolf. Tell the guy to be careful out there eh....................There are farangs out there who care about shit.........smile.png

Well he got me already riled up, and good job I don't know the <deleted> cos I would make it very plain what my thoughts are on this if I knew him

He has no excuse and just might rile up the wrong person.

• Like 1

Anyway, I think it's kind of good in one way. It might make for educational discussions about him for Thai families etc. that see it.

For example:

Child: Khun Por, who's that man in the picture?

Dad: I don't know.

Child: Okay.

Every little helps.

Was it a Farang or a Thai driving?

Does it matter?blink.png

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It does actually. If it was a Thai driver, he or she has no idea of who Hitler was. If it was a Farang, it is one serious nutter.

I have been spending a lot of time discussing things with a young Thai lady who is very smart and would have gone to college if she had been able to. She had to drop out in her last year when her father died and she needed to work to help support the family. She had a 3.5 grade average She was completely clueless about Hitler other than what we had been talking about. All she said was wasn't he a bad man.

In return I found out how clueless I was about Eastern history.

I guess what I am saying here is neither side teaches any thing about the history of the other side. So perhaps we should be throwing rocks at both sides when it comes to teaching world history. Not at the people.

I can not prove it but I bet if you go to any school in the west and ask the Senior graduating students who Pol Pot was they would not know. But they could tell you about Napoleon.

• Like 1

The Palestinians are paying fro the crimes of Nazi Germany - which may be 'facts on the ground', but really isn't fair.

Nonsense. They were partially responsible for the crimes of Nazi Germany and they started attacking the Jews long before that, after they had been living side by side peacefully for centuries. The leader of the Muslims in pre-Israel Palestine, Grand Mufti Mohammad Amin Al-Husayni, was closely allied with, and actively assisted the Nazis throughout the Second World War. Al-Husayni met with Hitler several times, and was hosted in Berlin as the Nazis honored guest for most of WWII. He was given a personal tour of the Auschwitz death camp by Heinrich Himmler, where he reportedly admonished the guards running the gas chambers to work more diligently. The Palestinian Arabs started the hostilities in the first place and have made their own bed.

Kill the Jews wherever you find them, this is pleasing to Allah.

- Mohammad Amin Al-Husayni, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, 1943

That's true enough, and I condemn it unreservedly.

Does it matter?blink.png

It does actually. If it was a Thai driver, he or she has no idea of who Hitler was. If it was a Farang, it is one serious nutter.

Your response is quite ridiculous.

You are saying ALL Thai people don't know who Hitler was? (completely ridiculous)

Are you saying ignorance is an excuse? If I don't know insulting the monarchy in Thailand is illegal and I do it; should I be exempt from prosecution? Your post clearly implies that one should.

But somehow according to your post, EVERY "falang" knows who Hitler was and what he did and must be held responsible for sensationalizing him (where a Thai shouldn't).

Again, this has got to win the prize for the most ridiculous post of the day/week/year.......

Let me school you here buddy.....IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it matter?blink.png

I have been spending a lot of time discussing things with a young Thai lady who is very smart and would have gone to college if she had been able to. She had to drop out in her last year when her father died and she needed to work to help support the family. She had a 3.5 grade average She was completely clueless about Hitler other than what we had been talking about. All she said was wasn't he a bad man.

I guess what I am saying here is neither side teaches any thing about the history of the other side. So perhaps we should be throwing rocks at both sides when it comes to teaching world history. Not at the people.

I can not prove it but I bet if you go to any school in the west and ask the Senior graduating students who Pol Pot was they would not know. But they could tell you about Napoleon.

However, if you went to Cambodia and drove around in a truck with a big picture idolising Pol Pot, I'm quite sure the Cambodians would NOT say "oh, he's just a westerner and doesn't know what he is doing, so it is OK. I'm sure he doesn't even know who Pol Pot is"

My general assumption would be that you might be lynched, or at least charged with some sort of a crime

Would you not agree?

Does it matter?blink.png

You are saying ALL Thai people don't know who Hitler was? (completely ridiculous)

Are you saying ignorance is an excuse? If I don't know insulting the monarchy in Thailand is illegal and I do it; should I be exempt from prosecution? Your post clearly implies that one should.

But somehow according to your post, EVERY "falang" knows who Hitler was and what he did and must be held responsible for sensationalizing him (where a Thai shouldn't).

Again, this has got to win the prize for the most ridiculous post of the day/week/year.......

Bad day at work? Where did I say that ignorance is an excuse? Fact is that most Thais have very little knowledge of World War 2. And I am pretty sure most Western foreigners have an idea who Hitler was, especially if the driver of the van is indeed an elderly Dutch man.

So relax, take your meds, and settle down.

So Eliot, you feel that if a tourist accidently drops a baht and it is rolling away, then unknowingly stomps it to retrieve it, he should be charged? Keep in mind, the nazi image and symbol seem to be legal here. What if it were a picture of Stalin backed by hammer and cycle? ...or Caligula (my choice of tyrant) . I miss the old days when Serpico was everywhere, can do without Che.

Does it matter?blink.png

This must be one of the more arrogant posts that I have seen for some time. How much do you know about Thai history, BUDDY? Let me school you. I agree that ignorance is no excuse for being arrogant.

This must be one of the more arrogant posts that I have seen for some time. How much do you know about Thai history, BUDDY? Let me school you. I agree that ignorance is no excuse for being arrogant.

I fail to see your point; I don't go around wearing pictures of figures from Thai history whom I know nothing about, especially ones (if any?) who have butchered scores of people for their ethnicity or race.

To do THAT, would be very, very stupid.

Still don't understand how my post is arrogant, a bit strong I admit, but this issue continues to come up and irritate me.

There is NO excuse for going around glorifying Hitler, ignorance included.

So Eliot, you feel that if a tourist accidently drops a baht and it is rolling away, then unknowingly stomps it to retrieve it, he should be charged? Keep in mind, the nazi image and symbol seem to be legal here. What if it were a picture of Stalin backed by hammer and cycle? ...or Caligula (my choice of tyrant) . I miss the old days when Serpico was everywhere, can do without Che.

It doesn't matter how I feel about it; if it is against the law and the Thais see fit to prosecute someone for it, then that is their right, as ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. (Show me a country where this is not the case????)

For the latter, it just displays their ignorance. I'm not saying they can't do it; if it is not illegal then it is within their rights.

What I am saying, is that declaring it's socially acceptable because they, or their entire country as some are saying, are ignorant of the person they are displaying is a crock of you know what, and they therefore deserve the wrath they will invoke in certain people and be thought of as an idiot and a$$ h@le by others.

It's actually an old Dutch guy. Wouldn't exactly call him a friend of mine. But I know him well enough. Nice enough guy, just likes being a bit dramatic in order get people a bit riled up. smile.png

Considering the forced famine and atrocities inflicted upon the Dutch by the fiend, I hope the old Dutch guy meets some Dutch people who lost family members during the occupation. After WWII, Dutch resistance fighters and victims knew what to do with people like that. Pity, there aren't any in close proximity to that anti-social prick.

• Like 1

If you are clueless as to "Eastern History", educate yourself. Because I went to a Church of England affiliated school I was taught from a certain perspective. Our scriptures class was strictly Christian and I never met a muslim until I was in university. Very little was taught in respect to other non major western cultures or histories. Know how I remedied that? I read and educated myself. My friends and family have taught me a lot about other cultures and histories. Reading books is an efficient way of self education and enlightenment. Schools can only do so much. It is up to us to make ourselves aware and to continually educate ourselves. Education is a lifelong process.

Western kids are more clued in than you give them credit for. Today, the twitter universe is alive with news about the kidnapping of the school girls in Nigeria. School kids across North America and western Europe are organizing and speaking out against the crime. It is not uncommon now to have schools require social service as part of their curriculum. A lot has changed since you were in high school. In Thailand, those on twitter are probably discussing the latest hairstyle of a K-Pop singer. Thailand now is a culture given to the pursuit of money and selfishness and we see this reflected in the affliction called corruption. A culture that does not grow through innovation and self improvement, stagnates and eventually perishes. It takes awhile, bit it happens. Just ask the Philistines if you can find any.

In post no.30 it was established that this car is owned by a Dutch guy, so why are people still harping on about Thai ignorance etc.? Thai bashing. Some people can't get enough of it.

Most farangs react in exactly the way this guy wanted. That's why he did it and he's probably loving it.

• Like 1

I sent him the link this morning... Got an email back just saying '555'.

Same from the message I sent his son Heinrich.

I guess his daughter, Eva, would respond likewise?

It is however of some comfort to know, if what you say is true, that this is just some idiot with nothing better to do than amuse himself by flashing obnoxious pictures. If he had half a set of balls, he'd swap that cover for something the locals know the meaning of. That would be more interesting, albeit short-lived I expect.

People like to wear skull and cross bones as well, but it doesn't really mean they are pirates.

Although I feel great revulsion for the Hitler Era of Germany, I still eat their sausages and drink their beer.

Perhaps a lack of empathy and understanding...or perhaps the shock value has something to do with the Hitler fad.

Remember, our parents remember the horror, but theirs do not.

It is however of some comfort to know, if what you say is true, that this is just some idiot with nothing better to do than amuse himself by flashing obnoxious pictures. If he had half a set of balls, he'd swap that cover for something the locals know the meaning of. That would be more interesting, albeit short-lived I expect.

Actually his Swiss mate in Chiang Mai did that a few years ago. I'm sure people here remember the case. :whistling:

Actually his Swiss mate in Chiang Mai did that a few years ago. I'm sure people here remember the case. :whistling:

I suggest a Dutch person send this story to a Dutch paper; I'm sure the Dutch would be extremely embarrased....and certainly condemn him

Nonsense. They were partially responsible for the crimes of Nazi Germany and they started attacking the Jews long before that, after they had been living side by side peacefully for centuries. The leader of the Muslims in pre-Israel Palestine, Grand Mufti Mohammad Amin Al-Husayni, was closely allied with, and actively assisted the Nazis throughout the Second World War. Al-Husayni met with Hitler several times, and was hosted in Berlin as the Nazis honored guest for most of WWII. He was given a personal tour of the Auschwitz death camp by Heinrich Himmler, where he reportedly admonished the guards running the gas chambers to work more diligently. The Palestinian Arabs started the hostilities in the first place and have made their own bed.

Kill the Jews wherever you find them, this is pleasing to Allah.

- Mohammad Amin Al-Husayni, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, 1943

Not just the Palestinians.

.hitler-and-pope.jpg

I suggest a Dutch person send this story to a Dutch paper; I'm sure the Dutch would be extremely embarrased....and certainly condemn him

That's funny. What effect do you think that will have? Som Wat said the he's laughing at all this. The best thing you can do with a wind-up merchant is to ignore him. It's attention they crave.