Empty water containers

gennisis

I have a Mazuma water cooler which has a 20 litre container

I dont trust the water delivery people...how often do they clean their machines?...so I refil every 2 weeks with 3x 6 litre mineral watercontainers from the supermarkets.... more expensive I know,but I recon the purity is probably...hopefully, better.

These plastic containers are hard to crush and I can only fit 6-7 into a black refuse bag for collection....hell a bag costs 7 baht too !!

Any idea's of alternate disposal ??

Edited by gennisis

You can sell plastic as is for any local garbage collector/recycler. few baht, but you dont need to bag them. Depend where you live they might be around every once in a while, collecting from the houses the garbage they can re-use.

Alternatively, you can buy a water filter to your home, then you can swap filters the appropriate times, and save money vs. buying thai "mineral water".

Unless you have every single drop of water coming into your house tested it is meaningless. We simply just don't know what we are getting be it from a bulk supplier or supermarket. If you are concerned buy your own filter system as was suggested, but by the best.

Recently in Sydney, which has safe drinking water direct from the tap, a "spring and mineral water" supplier admitted his water supply came from the same Sydney water supply and just passed through a reverse osmosis system.

Of course the major investor, and owner, in Australian bottled water is Coca Cola ....great marketing, make everyone feel its an essential part of a healthy life lifestyle.

We've used a 3 stage filter [sediment/carbon/ceramic] for the past 3 years and drink GALLONS of water. Replacement sediment filter costs 100Bt, carbon 250Bt, every 6 months, Ceramic is ~ 300Bt and lasts a year. Resin filter not needed for drinking water.

I've just converted our portable 3 stage to under-bench in the new house and we'll get a BIG sediment filter on the mains supply next week which will protect washing machine and tapware.

Bulk water suppliers employ a similar method of filtering, supermarket product is usually RO-based.and UV sterilized.

• Like 2

We've used a 3 stage filter [sediment/carbon/ceramic] for the past 3 years and drink GALLONS of water. Replacement sediment filter costs 100Bt, carbon 250Bt, every 6 months, Ceramic is ~ 300Bt and lasts a year. Resin filter not needed for drinking water.

I've just converted our portable 3 stage to under-bench in the new house and we'll get a BIG sediment filter on the mains supply next week which will protect washing machine and tapware.

Bulk water suppliers employ a similar method of filtering, supermarket product is usually RO-based.and UV sterilized.

Good idea to have a sediment filter.

When I moved into a newly-rented house in Suthep, most of the taps and the shower were giving a very poor supply; I started taking things apart and found they were ALL blocked with charcoal granules, obviously some part of the water processing system.

I was about to fit an in-line filter, but decided that I'd spent enough of my own money on the place.