• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Best solution for online marketer (tax, residency...)

I make around 1000 - 1500 usd per month. It varies.

I dont do business on Thialand, only online.....

So I wonder what to do, should ai change my residency status to Thailand? SO I dont pay tax in my country?

Also how much taxes you need to pay in Thailand if you change adress to Thailand?

In my country tax is like 40 %, they take your bones, and leave you with flesh....

What does:

"I dont do business on Thailand, only online....." mean?

You are working or is it passive income?

​If it is the former we will have another endless debate about whether you need a work permit (legally you do in reality you probably don't)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

did not mean to quote. I am happy for you avoiding that 40% tax. how ridiculous.l please pm me with what sort of online marketing you do as I have a need. of a marketer

What does:

​If it is the former we will have another endless debate about whether you need a work permit (legally you do in reality you probably don't)

RAZZ

Not to get into the WP debate thing, but if the OP doesn't have a registered company, a work permit etc. how can he expect to pay tax in Thailand then on that income ?

• Like 1

What does:

RAZZ

Not to get into the WP debate thing, but if the OP doesn't have a registered company, a work permit etc. how can he expect to pay tax in Thailand then on that income ?

establishing a tax residence in Thailand does not necessarily mean paying taxes. for my home country my income tax residence is Thailand although i don't pay income tax except the few thousand Baht withholding tax (taxed interest on cash in my Thai bank accounts).

• Like 1

What does:

RAZZ

establishing a tax residence in Thailand does not necessarily mean paying taxes. for my home country my income tax residence is Thailand although i don't pay income tax except the few thousand Baht withholding tax (taxed interest on cash in my Thai bank accounts).

so you are saying you make money online and not pay tax in Thailand?

What does:

RAZZ

so you are saying you make money online and not pay tax in Thailand?

nobody who manages his assets online and making money in the process pays income tax in Thailand. that is of course if the assets and gains are offshore and not in Thailand.

I understand......but have you even looked at the problems you may have establishing a "tax residency" here in Thailand?

Look very carefully, before you leap into it.

I don't know the procedure to do that, but I expect it would be a long and expensive process to do it.

Living here long term in Thailand does NOT make you a permanent resident, for the first thing.

Don't go jumping out of the frying pan until you know how hot the fire will be that you land in.

I understand......but have you even looked at the problems you may have establishing a "tax residency" here in Thailand?

I don't know the procedure to do that, but I expect it would be a long and expensive process to do it.

Living here long term in Thailand does NOT make you a permanent resident, for the first thing.

Don't go jumping out of the frying pan until you know how hot the fire will be that you land in.

there is no procedure at all except convincing the taxman of your home country that you live in Thailand, alternatively that you don't live in your home country anymore.

note: does not apply to U.S. citizens/persons who are taxed no matter where they live.

What does:

RAZZ

Correct me if I am wrong Naam, but you "legally" retired in Thailand ?.......

If the OP is here living on tourist visa's, not retired, not married to a Thai national, "illegally" operating a business from Thailand how does he justify a Thai tax number ?

there is no procedure at all except convincing the taxman of your home country that you live in Thailand, alternatively that you don't live in your home country anymore.

note: does not apply to U.S. citizens/persons who are taxed no matter where they live.

In the case of the UK & Aussie, there is a little more to it than just convincing the Tax man that you don't live in the UK/Aussie anymore

think the term they use is "ties to" as opposed to "living in"

If you can become non-resident (and your home nation taxes on a residential basis) then with the right structure it can be entirely tax free. However.. the right structure costs money and something seems off with your numbers - what country are you from that taxes at a flat 40% on 15,000 USD a year? I highly doubt this is the case to be honest. Most countries offer a tax free portion and then staggered steps up until the higher percentages - to be honest I doubt your liability on this sort of money is even at 1000 USD a year.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

What does:

RAZZ

Correct me if I am wrong Naam, but you "legally" retired in Thailand ?.......

If the OP is here living on tourist visa's, not retired, not married to a Thai national, "illegally" operating a business from Thailand how does he justify a Thai tax number ?

for the taxman of my home country it is irrelevant whether i am retired or not, or reside outside Germany somewhere legally or illegally. the only fact that counts is that i'm "out". i'm not even required to tell the taxman where i live or where i am planning to live.

as already mentioned, establishing a tax residence in Thailand does not require paying taxes or acquiring a Thai tax number. i don't know the OP's home country and can't therefore judge his options. if he were a German citizen he could be a tourist making visa runs to obtain the German income tax free status.

"operating a business" in context of making $1.5k a month sounds laugh.png to me.

moreover, as another TV-member mentioned already, countries that tax this income @ 40% must be as rare as sabre-toothed chicken or werewolves dancing 'nekkid' in a Walking Street go-go bar.

you are lucky you live in Germany, Ihave never heard that a government does not want taxes if you are still german resident but not live there

maybe you just imagining this

in my country there is a problem with tax plus social insurance, that comes quickly to 500 usd or more for even 1000 usd income

it sucks

and laughing about making 1500 per month? That is well than enough for Thailand, especially if you have your own cndo

some old gits here dont know how to cook and they spend all their money on hookers and restaurants, but still I ate outside eachday and could manage with 1000 plus rent!!!

you are lucky you live in Germany, Ihave never heard that a government does not want taxes if you are still german resident but not live there

maybe you just imagining this

in my country there is a problem with tax plus social insurance, that comes quickly to 500 usd or more for even 1000 usd income

it sucks

and laughing about making 1500 per month? That is well than enough for Thailand, especially if you have your own cndo

some old gits here dont know how to cook and they spend all their money on hookers and restaurants, but still I ate outside eachday and could manage with 1000 plus rent!!!

i don't have that strong imagination of yours. by the way, i did not laugh about making $1,500 a month. i laughed because somebody called it "operating a business".

what part of "resident" is it you don't understand? are you mixing up "citizen" with "resident"?

now you revealed what business you operate. you sell jokes online, right? wink.png

• Like 1